Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

Everything that was on the original will be there, but I’ll also add more options to the rear of the roof. The front notch morph will also be added to the rear, and I might add one or two more morphs to adjust the shape of the front and rear ends if possible.

Morphable wheel arches are also coming.

8 Likes

Still need to do some work on the body, but it’s coming along nicely.

The obvious thing is how flat the roof looks, but I also need to adjust the proportions a bit.

Then there’s all the skinning, which is nearly finished. Three morphs in the front and rear, two morphs for the windshields, rear door window morph, even a morph for that notch on the rear door.

17 Likes

For whatever it’s worth, I actually really like the flat roof.

2 Likes

It’s not being changed too much. Just enough to get that subtle curve from the real Continental:

I’ve improved my 3D modelling a lot since the first release of the Continental, so I’m making sure this one isn’t so square.

8 Likes

I managed to get all the morphing options I wanted, so it’s possible to have it look like this:

and also like this:

There’s a bit of overlap in the rear roof area when moving things to opposite extremes, but I think that’s a fair trade-off to have these options. The front and rear ends have 3 morphs each, and I did manage to get the whole side slab to morph outward without interfering with anything.

16 Likes

The Continental 2.0 is now available! First post has been updated, and here’s the standalone download:
thecarlover60LuxuryHuge.zip (2.5 MB)

With the new variants, the file becomes too big to upload, so here are the individual ute, fastback, and landau files:
thecarlover60Extras.zip (1.4 MB)

Just add the files (not the folder itself) to thecarlover60LuxuryHuge/cars/Front/Large/60LuxuryHuge

9 Likes

WOW!
Side morphing rulez :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wagons are coming along nicely…

22 Likes

Now thats a legit herse :wink:

4 Likes

I am so excited for the ute and wagon! :male_couplekiss: (Don’t read into that)

2 Likes

Looks nice. Although I find the large step on the hatch looks a tad weird, along with the very wide chrome trims.

2 Likes

So rad! I can’t wait to do a mammoth hearse with a mammoth motor and tiny brakes. Call it the Reaper.

4 Likes

OMG wraparound rear quarter windows <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

2 Likes

The step is there for morphing reasons and some similarity to classic wagons, and it can be morphed away.

As for the chrome trim… I was a little limited with the mesh without doing any major changes and couldn’t really be bothered :sweat_smile: Might be worth changing sometime down the line. The chrome pillars are intentional; the design is meant to be rather similar to these:

9 Likes

Wonder if it could be made to look like this one.:smiling_imp: (including ladies):imp:

Try to look past the lovely ladies, there is a car behind them, I promise.:grin:

2 Likes

Additional thoughts: I don’t buy into the ute hype, but with some slight modifications similar to what you did with your xB way back the wagon/ute would make for a pretty convincing early 60s SUV/Truck combo just like the Jeep Wagoneer and Gladiator (M715?), especially since there is still nothing like that available and there likely won’t be a Suburban variant of Kubboz’s C-10 when that gets released. Size and shape are already quite close but they need to be made taller with some simplification to the bodywork, as in lose the fins and less car-like bumpers.

An M715 type of thing would just be a fun little addition.

6 Likes

I’ve already been looking at the Grand Wagoneer, and also the IH Scout. We do need 60s/70s SUVs and trucks.

6 Likes

Nice.

I think it was the Grand Wagoneer that had a very interesting front axle, semi independent, i would call it…

2 Likes

The Continental has been updated with the wagons. Ute versions will be coming eventually.

9 Likes