Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

[quote=“strop”]The kei car is so good, I immediately knew that the IT guy in my fictional car company would at all costs want to import himself an N-Box/

The not-Murcielago body may very well end up being the true form of GG’s ultimate hypercar, Mercury. It was always aiming to have that wedge like line.[/quote]

The exposed intercooler is a nice touch… I don’t doubt that’s likely the fastest N-Box out there :laughing: The Murciélago body will definitely have a larger engine bay than the MP4-12C body, so a quite large V12 will be an option for it.

Here’s an obligatory progress shot for today. There was a lot more tweaking than I thought for the shape of the windows and roof, but it should be pretty smooth sailing from there. The air intake morph positions should also be pretty visible (I never realised how flat the sides of this car look without that huge intake under the doors), and I might add a bit of a morph to the intake area behind the windows, though it would be next to impossible to make it morph in such a way to completely disappear.

Sadly, I was unable to recreate a proper S07A engine, even the turbocharged one, because it’s an i3 (but eventually we’ll be able to!). Also the intercooler kept sticking out no matter how small the engine is just because of the way the engine is placed, so it’s not even that much riced. It did get a hefty boost from 63 to 102hp and I replaced some of the panels with carbon fiber just because, slashing a handy 150kg off the weight while the fuel economy remained <6L/100km and a loudness of 26. This is after all still supposed to be every bit as streetable as the stock car, just zippier so our computer guy can do his shady outside-of-work business all ninja like. He’s a very shady character.

Great progress on the not-Murcielago! Hope it can fit 6500cc V12 :smiley:

even better with 11L V12 :laughing:

Okay maybe even that much is too big. Wait, too big!? NOTHING IS TOO BIG.

In that case I might have to tweak the .lua a bit to prevent that, or is it only visible because of the grill you placed down there? I can always shorten the front overhang (already at -5) and move the firewall back to compensate and keep the engine bay size.

[quote=“strop”]even better with 11L V12 :laughing:

Okay maybe even that much is too big. Wait, too big!? NOTHING IS TOO BIG.[/quote]

No guarantees of what I can do with the engine bay, but I suspect an 11L V12 just might be possible. Maybe.

Hell Yes!!!

Make it happen!!!

[quote=“thecarlover”]

In that case I might have to tweak the .lua a bit to prevent that, or is it only visible because of the grill you placed down there? I can always shorten the front overhang (already at -5) and move the firewall back to compensate and keep the engine bay size.[/quote]

I don’t think it’s very much to do with your presets (though your response may help). It is indeed parlt to do with the grille being a very deep one, but also the way the intercooler positions itself automatically.

[quote=“strop”]

In that case I might have to tweak the .lua a bit to prevent that, or is it only visible because of the grill you placed down there? I can always shorten the front overhang (already at -5) and move the firewall back to compensate and keep the engine bay size.

I don’t think it’s very much to do with your presets (though your response may help). It is indeed parlt to do with the grille being a very deep one, but also the way the intercooler positions itself automatically.[/quote]

In that case I don’t think I need to worry about it too much, though I just might modify the engine bay at some point with that in mind. The kei car is so far the only one of my bodies that hasn’t gone through revisions since launch :laughing:

Daily progress update! Being the holidays, I don’t have entire days of free time now, so I’m chipping away at this a few hours at a time. I’ve basically finished the sculpting of the sides, so next is detailing the front and rear and adding curves to them and the roof. Then it’ll be the details (doors, windows, etc), and then the sculpting will be done and I’ll move on to texturing and skinning. It’s not 100% Murciélago, but the proportions will all be the same, it’s just some of the details that will deviate a bit.

Looking good

Now I can search name for brutal hypercar :smiley:

Just going to drop these here…

Naturally the louvered rear window of the Murciélago wasn’t an option, so this Gallardo-like one will be morphable to stretch across the engine bay.

That looks great. However, I must suggest one thing. What if you didn’t add the creases on the front and rear bumper, and made them plain. That way there would be greater flexibility for us when trying to come up with our own designs.

I’ll be making those morphable, so they could be made flat if you would so like. The front lip will have a morph, as will the intake area, which will have the option of being recessed into the body. The back bumper will have a morph too.

That’s looking awesome! I’m not normally a fan of mid-engine cars, but that looks good.

Quick design I put together, that’s the maximum size for a V12 that can fit in there (the firewall is just about touching the back of the doors).

No morphs yet, and I need to tweak a few things for fixtures to fit better, like the headlights unable to go higher than what’s there.

excellent. Will the front end be morphable to a wedge point like in the not-MP4 12C body?

p.s. 8L V12 ohhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeah

[quote=“strop”]excellent. Will the front end be morphable to a wedge point like in the not-MP4 12C body?

p.s. 8L V12 ohhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeah[/quote]

I would say probably no, but there will be 3 morphs in the front: the lip, the intake area, and the overhang just above that. Might be possible to get a more wedge-like shape, but I don’t know how the mesh will react to the morphs yet.

As long as we can flare out the rear to have ridiculously wide tyres it’s all good :wink:

It already fits 275s without any morphing, and 245s in the front. I’ll definitely be going wide with those morphs, but maybe not to the point of 395s. If it looks ridiculous and tacky, I won’t do it. That being said, I’ll try my best to go as wide as possible without sacrificing looks.