Trackpaduser's mods

Yes, it would probably be possible too. Giving it a very large cargo area.

That’d be really awesome. :mrgreen:

Just released a Boxy Offroader.

See the OP for the link.

The Landrover Defender is my most favourite Offroader of all time!!! If I were to take up the Offroading life It’d be in a SWB Landie… Thankyou, thankyou very much!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The boxy off roader is sweet! Another great addition

[quote=“trackpaduser”]Just redid the UV mapping on the MX5, it should have a lot less stamping issues now.

File is in the OP.

Also, due to popular demand:

The dimensions should be similar to a short wheel base G-Wagen/Defender[/quote]

Although the modeling is great. The back should be different. Because right now no matter what i did, it keep being a defender. That gate is too specific to the defender.
Why not making the back a bit more generic, with more space for people to style it? Also why not add a morph to the roof slope and to the back angle?

Do you have an example of a more generic gate?

There would be the possibility to remove the two smaller windows and add an angle to the uppermost part, making it kinda like a G-Wagen.

But I did try it and IMHO it makes the back end look very flat and bare.

For the roof it might be possible to add a bone to make the roof flatter. I’ll see what I can do for that part.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]Do you have an example of a more generic gate?

There would be the possibility to remove the two smaller windows and add an angle to the uppermost part, making it kinda like a G-Wagen.

But I did try it and IMHO it makes the back end look very flat and bare.

For the roof it might be possible to add a bone to make the roof flatter. I’ll see what I can do for that part.[/quote]

I think the G-wagen back is the most generic but if you think that is bland you can take some inspiration on the UMM Alter. Is like the defender but without the round corners.

The problem is that the round corners of the defender make it hard to use the rectangular tail-lights and vents. And if you use the round ones you end up with a defender.

I don’t understand what you mean when you say that rectangular lights looks bad.

The only big difference between the pic you posted and a defender is the angle of the upper part and the square shaped upper door.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]I don’t understand what you mean when you say that rectangular lights looks bad.

The only big difference between the pic you posted and a defender is the angle of the upper part and the square shaped upper door.[/quote]

The one I did to try the body end up like your picture. Yes, at the bottom they don’t look bad.

Yes, there isn’t much difference but the top part of the door is the detail that is exclusive to the defender. I know that you bodies are always based on a real car. But unlike the miata and the suzuki samurai here you can spot the inspiration even without any fixtures, specially on the back.
IMO, bodies should allows for different real life replicas to be build through morphing and fixture placement even if they don’t turn out exact. Vanilla bodies are like that, generic bodies able to be turned into anything. But this is only my opinion.
Lets see what other people think but thanks for being receptive to my thoughts.

I dunno, it looks perfectly fine to me, I love the way it looks.

I think it looks great as it is!

[quote=“trackpaduser”]Just redid the UV mapping on the MX5, it should have a lot less stamping issues now.

File is in the OP.

Also, due to popular demand:

snip Land Rover

The dimensions should be similar to a short wheel base G-Wagen/Defender[/quote]

Yet another fine job! May I ask, btw, how the K-car version of the not-Miata is going along, if you’re still working on it? :smiley:

An other guy is currently working on trying to make a Daihatsu Copen, so I decided to make a car that is different to his.

I will make it one day obviously, as it should be a fairly simple job, but I can tell you that it won’t be my next model.

I was bored so I decided to make a fixture.

And I present to you a selection of aerodynamic hood latches:

I was wondering if you guys had other suggestions for color combinations.

For reference, the black part the two left most latches is carbon fibre.

A chrome one might be interesting!

BTW, any word on when you’ll start finishing up the not-Hummer?

Hi, after using your newest car (the Land Rover copy) I’ve got a couple of things to ask you.

1. Would it be possible to release a version with a roof that is more flat? I really want to make a Mercedes G-Wagen type car and I feel the roof kind of ruins it.
  2. Seeing as I have no experience with 3D modelling, how hard would it be to make a grill guard type thing? I imagine it would work in the same way that the mirrors do, where they’re not actually connected to the body. The only problem that I could think of with this would be how much it would limit the ability to place fixtures on the front of the car. If you don’t know what I’m on about, here: http://www.carid.com/images/categories/mercedes/mercedes-g-class-grille-guard.jpg

I was thinking about how possible it would be to make a brush guard as a fixture or something.

My personal favourite has to be the Miata look-a-like. :slight_smile: It can also be made into resembling a Lotus Elan or an MG-F fairly easily.