Transmission Sharing/ Gear Ratio Editing

In the same way that engines can be shared between vehicles in Automation, is it possible that transmissions may be shared in a future release?

I’m sure everyone else has built a range of cars, and probably wanted to share some of the transmissions (I certainly have). Due to different tyre/ wheel sizes, you can’t always have vehicles with the same engine to have a matching final drive ratio.

My second suggestion was to have the option of being able to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratios. I definitely have a few ideas in my head as to how I would change my current gearboxes in this regard.

Obviously the implementation of these suggestions depend on the feasability and viability etc. but I feel both would be fantastic features for OCD engineers like me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for reading, and for making Automation such a brilliant game.

They probably considered this option a long time ago, but decided against it because it would not be as easily playable as the current implementation. Remember that this is a game, not a super in-depth hyper-realistic car designing tool.

2 Likes