True or False: Forum Game 2.0

True. I think Hells Bells would work well.

TNP has hope.

Somehow true

TNP knows hope

I might, depends on whoā€™s askingā€¦ How do I know youā€™re not trying to bust me? How do I know you donā€™t have a piece hiding under that sports jacket? Ok, ok. Listen: I donā€™t know her personally but if you go around the corner and ask the girly girls there one of 'em might give you some sugar and for a couple extra dollars might tell you more about her. Now do you want me to finish you or not cause oral is extra.

TNP can guess what car I just bought

3 Likes

90s Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable

TNP needs new tires.

Very

TNP has a Mercedes

False, but Iā€™d love a 280SL Padoga, 4th Gen Facelift S Class or one of the new SLAs.

TNP is still playing Mario Kart DS

I will be after I pick up a copy again

@Sillyducky still never replied. itā€™s a lost hope

TNP is lusting over a Toyota echo for seemingly no apparent reason

Sorry, donā€™t like Toyota

TNP LONDON CALLING

False

TNP is a ā€œLittle old lady from Pasadenaā€

Iā€™m not little, Iā€™m not old, Iā€™m not a lady, Iā€™m not from Pasadena. So I guess entirely true :smile:

TNP will carry the torch for me

Sure.

TNP likes EDM Metal
https://open.spotify.com/album/49vSDOn0tzJF6bEueb3T8F
(NOTE: Must be Friday in your timezone to listen, sorry)

1 Like

Sorry, donā€™t have a spotify account, cant listen (and itā€™s technically still Thursday for me right now)

TNP likes bands with strong female lead vocals.

1 Like

True I guess

@cpufreak101 itā€™s too cute

TNP thinks the Toyota Echo hatch is too fucking cute and must be removed from the public so I can operate as a normal human by avoiding the risk of seeing one and having a mental breakdown

Get a hold of yourself itā€™s an eco shitbox good lord.

TNP needs to pull their head in

5 Likes

Not currently, but I did hang my head out of a train window once. That was definitely a situation where this was true.

TNP just ate fĆŗd.

Just had a whopper and a big king xxl

TNP can guess my new car better than @SkylineFTW97 :smirk: (donā€™t worry dood you were on the right trail)

A Citroen 2CV?

TNP agrees that attitude Punk was better than purely political Punk music.

1 Like

Not quite sure I can agree with your viewpoint there, the whole Punk movement of the late 70s was inherently political in that it was a reaction to the combined feelings of apathy, disconnection and anger that many felt towards the political system and society as a whole.

Obviously, of course, this is very subjective (which you certainly seem to appreciate) but I think in order to answer that question, you really have to look at individual songs - for instance, Iā€™d probably say ā€œSheena Is A Punk Rockerā€ by The Ramones is definitely an ā€˜attitude punkā€™ song whilst ā€œWhite Riotā€ by The Clash is absolutely a ā€˜political Punkā€™ song. But, if I had to choose which one to listen to, I personally wouldnā€™t choose based on their message, Iā€™d choose on their music.

However, I also think that the political songs that Punk produced were very, very important for cultural reasons, particularly in the UK. But, I couldnā€™t go as far to as suggest that these songs were better or worse than the more attitude focused ones.

Hence, I canā€™t agree with your statement, as itā€™s too subjective to fit in with my opinions on punk music.

Of course though, Iā€™m very confident that we can both agree that punk music was and still is bloody fucking awesome.

ā€“

TNP has heard the statement that The Clash were ā€œthe only band that matteredā€ (and also canā€™t seem to find who originally said it).

Side note @Deponte: Favourite punk band, album, song etc?

6 Likes

Side comment (not TNP) - thatā€™s the kind of post that I like this thread for :grinning:

1 Like

Well I donā€™t like overly political punk and I guess thatā€™s why I like Americanized Punk more but recently Iā€™ve been into The Misfits (and Danzigā€™s solo work), The Clash, Ramones, and Iggy (Makes sense since Bowie is my favourite artist).

1 Like