UC - ManHell Automotive

The Suriken is what I most like about fantasy cars - that usually are hyper cars…, you are not going to make something ‘different’ in a Seat 600’s body (long time ago one of the most common cars in Spain) -, full freedom.

Not a bad place for a pilgrimage :sweat_smile:, but there’s a couple of issues, 1st only two at time and 2nd, not a Twingo…:confused:

Sure, the vents look great in that place. :slight_smile:

Man I don’t know if everything is already working as expected but sometimes I got some peculiar values (or I think so)…, it’s like the engineering costs of Sierpe…

Sil Coupe 150 Bocanegra.

Jatar TRS

While the Sierpe has matched the S2000’s official lap time on Nürburgring, this last model is far far away from the Renault Megane RS Trophy or Seat Leon Cupra lap times, I have to try it with full db wishbone suspension setup.

1 Like

The attempt to go under 8 on Nürburgring has failed!! :disappointed:
I’ve found some issues on my way to the ‘8’s wall’.
Atm ‘there’s not’ a good modern hatchback body for a FWD car that can host a 2.0L i4 (transverse config).
After all, with a full db wishbone setup I’ve been close…, but Macpherson, etc, not an option for high speed cornering.

For this ‘challenge’ there were some easy restrictions, trying to emulate the real opposition.

• no more than 300Hp on a 2.0l i4.
  • max. tyre width/profile: 235/35
  • max. top speed 265 km/h.
  • weight over 1100Kg but under 1300Kg.
  • preferably no quality points on wheels (as usual).

Looong stroke in the engine hence the low reliability.

I’ve tried another little tweaks (wheels and aerodynamics).
tyres width/profile/quality:
235/35/+1 : 8:03:32
245/35/+1 : 8:02:52
245/30/0 : 8:02:43
245/30/+2 : 8:01:88

Maybe Strop or someone (patient enough) might find the perfect balance/setup.

1 Like

I tried doing this a while ago. It seems that it is now much more possible than it used to be! (Previously I couldn’t get under 8 minutes unless I had at least 360hp and 265 front tyres).

That said such cars as the 9th Gen Civic Type R have some seriously tricked out kit. The Macpherson struts aren’t really macpherson in character at all, nor is the torsion beam. Also, due to limitations in the dynamic handling simulation, the way the simulation handles the weight distribution is quite different, so I decided I’d wait until even later to do it.

I also have tried it from time to time, but with the ‘common’ suspension scheme…, it was a waste of time, now, it’s quite interesting to know that there’s some kind of technical limitations (I guess is not that easy at all).
These challenges can be a good fun but in the end, is a tycoon game.
Strop, many thanks for the clarification.

:sparkles:Mission accomplished!!!:sparkles: :grin:

Finally, new engine, a lower tyre profile (and +1 on quality slider), tweaking the suspension a bit more and some weight reduction did the trick.

We are going to cook the next Heill, and most of it thanks to the fantasy/concepts created before.

Ingredients: we start with the main concept (Heill K75), then we add some bits of Suriken, Bokken and finally, a small bit of Lauris.

Once we have everything in the factory, do not forget to spice up with your own touch.

…and the Heill 777 TS would be ready!!

3 Likes

Some sedans.

Centauro 150

Frigate 67

Mekon SL

3 Likes

Whoa. Those rear lights on the Mekon SL! How did you do that? :slight_smile:

he’s Razyx, he can do magic that only he can figure out

1 Like

Inventory count on the rear headlight array:

• 1x ZnopreskMod vanilla vent, the ones that normally go on the bottom sides of the bumpers of mid 90s cars, compressed and widened and with the chrome replacing the grille
  • 1x vmo Jaguar F-Type taillight
  • 1 vanilla flat circular taillight, yellow colour
  • 3x Kubboz Hella style taillights, 2x red 1x white (quite recent addition to the workshop)
  • possibly 1x ZnopreskMod vanilla vent which is placed underneath the Hella style lights. I’m not sure of the shape, but whichever one it is, comes in all plastic, which means it’s likely to be the squarish one with rounded edges which tends to distort at extreme transformations. This is the ‘magic of Razyx’ bit, since it somehow goes behind the Hella lights but remains superimposed on the other flat fixtures and ties the lot together.

The Frigate 67 is so spot on… What a front fascia you made! Perfect for the era.

Whoa!! didn’t expect this about the taillights.
Thanks for your words guys… let’s unveil the mistery, but Strop almost nailed it (and something really close has been seen before).
A quick photoshop with the steps (It’s better to adjust the circular red tail light after placing the latches).

Note: Thanks to the boundaries of the body a black stripe was added joining the latches.

Oh, I was wrong about the stripes!

Well that explains a lot, the Hella style lights do protrude a bit more than the strips do, meaning opportunity for more layered work. Good find!!

Ty Strop.

Last car after trying the last fixtures…, good for relax hehe

Saeta 970

3 Likes

Another design with new fixtures.
Totem

2 Likes

My last test cars…

5 Likes

Great designs as usual!
By the way, love your fixtures in the workshop!
Specially the new tailights!

Thanks @Sillyworld.
Which one, Bot taillights or Square Ts? :slight_smile:
I should start a thread in 3D subforum.

Might I request the latest square taillights also be available as indicators? We could really use them for wraparound lights, especially the red and white ones :smiley:

I was strongly considering figuring out how to make this exact kind of light design to be used together for new shapes, but you beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue: