[UE4] ASCAR - 1987 season. Race 5, Bristol!

did you resubmit your car after @Mr.Computah told you to?

this is not real though.

and i saw the car, it looks nothing like the production variant. in any creditable fashion.

just for reference this is the tail of my car

yours was maybe 40% of that. like it or not, it wasn’t good enough.

1 Like

Very nice write up, appreciate the effort but it’s a bit difficult to follow because there’s no reference for the car positions at the start.

It would be great if you could put the qualifying/starting positions ahead of the race report.

your not being singled out for that. at ALL. you are being singled out because you put no effort into making your care resemble the road car. when people did the photo edits, the cars underneath at least had some detailing on the rear. if you can’t see that the road car and race car bare little resemblance to one another, then I don’t know what else to say, really.

Simply put, your production car has a bent nose, the race car doesn’t.

Um, yes you are. The rule was that the only obvious morph difference from the production car should be the wheel arches. As in the other morphs should be as close as possible to the production variant.

Also, please avoid double posting. It clutters the thread.

5 Likes

Don’t douple post. please.

1 Like

Team Sinistra Racing

“Twenty-fifth place. Given the circumstances, not a bad overall finish.” Luke Sinistra said to the reporter. “I have no prior racing experience, at least not in stock-cars. This car is as different as it could possibly be from what I’m used to driving. But, it held together, and I had a good bit of fun, even if it’s a bit of a handful on the track.”

“So, how different is the Senator we can buy from the Senator on the track?”

“Oh, about the only thing we share between the factory Senator and this thing is the body panels. Underneath, they’re as different as physically possible. You know the regs for the stock cars, so when I tell you that the Senator’s a front-wheel-drive, inline-6 powered family cruiser, with a unibody frame and independant rear suspension, it’ll tell you just how different they really are.” Luke replied.

“So, why not the Sinistra Savage?”

“We couldn’t make the engine small enough. The Savage uses a massive V8, 662 cubic inches. These need a 5.9 liter V8, so
 Yeah, we couldn’t sleeve and de-stroke it enough to make it work. That said, the legacy lives on. Our racing engine is an all-aluminum beauty.”

“Isn’t that a bit risky?”

“It’s the material of the future. Give it a decade and every car will have at least an aluminum head on it. Give it two decades and every car will have aluminum alloy blocks and heads to shed weight. We’ve even got a few experiments going regarding the use of aluminum in body panels. Aluminum’s not to be feared, they make planes out of the stuff.”

6 Likes

TAKEMI POWER USA DIV.
Due to circumstances regarding the production of the track-car Takemi wasn’t able to participate in the ASCAR '87 Season’s famous premier Daytona 500 race. However we hope to be able to enter the season in the second race, the Conke-Cola 100.

Kanta Takano’s #42 Takemi Power 280-GXR-ASCAR-Spec

Hope good luck to everyone in the 2nd race!

Leeroy Racing Garage

Post Daytona 500

Chief Engineer’s Office

CE: “So, Vlad is it? Talk to me about yesterday’s race, in your own words
”

VB: “What do you want to know?”

CE: “Tell me about the car, your feelings about it and how you went in the race”

VB: “Uhh, OK. The car is great! Solid, stable and reliable. I was able to avoid any accidents and I was agile enough to score a couple of places from a sneaky draft maneuver!”

CE: “But you then lost those places
 Why was that?”

VB: “Uhhh, the truth is that the car is too slow. The front runners are quicker than me by five whole seconds!”

CE: “Yeah, our data gathering concurs with your assessment. Unfortunately we don’t have the budget for a new engine at this time so
 We need you to do a few, uhh, advertising opportunities for us
”

As seen on TV a few days later
VB: “Hi everyone! My name is Vlad, Vlad the Impaler and when I want to protect my country from Muslim invaders I go to Bob’s skewered Beef!!! The tastiest flamed grilled beef in all Florida!!!”

VB: “Whether you need to impale just yourself, a couple or a whole country of peasants, Bob has the best value and the best quality bar none!”

VB: “So, you don’t need to be a winner at the Daytona 500, there are plenty of Bob’s skewered Beef restaurants throughout the good 'ole USA!”

VB: “Get down to Bob’s and skewer yourself a bargain today!!!”

6 Likes

GBSC-Bepis Garage, Post Daytona

“FUCK.” Danielle was not pleased. She threw her helmet across the garage, hitting a pit hand, and storming out. Crew chief & team owner Grey Lawrence followed her out.
“You did good.” Lawrence said once he caught up to her. She stares down Lawrence, a cold, hard, angry stare. “So, no interviews I take it.”
“Fuck no. Take your interviews and shove them up your arse.”
“Fine, fine.”

5 Likes

Damn man, that extra point of drivability more than made up for the small difference in lap time. I saw no mention of the Radiant’s damage but it appears to have 2, what would that mean?

edit: nevermind, I took a look at the spreadsheet and may have spotted a technical issue, actual RP and commenting will wait for later

The battle between the real Americans and the (weirdly Brit aided) Communists will continue!

7 Likes

After the race, team Maesima/Armada Racing found a strange picture taped to their garage

15 Likes

Not until you explain how you ran the last 56 laps of that race on literally no gas :joy: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Real Americans can find and the oil wherever they are. :eagle: :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Fenske Racing