UE4 Exporter Update Discussion / Bugs

So downloaded the open beta and tried to run it and this happened (everything required to install was installed)

Install the lastest Visual C++ redist package again.
https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=48145

1 Like

So i reinstalled Visual C++ again but at the end it said this.Probably a problem unique to my pc

1 Like

I had a bug after making the engine, i set to from FWD to RWD and then it crashed.
Also the engine building slider scales for each individual adjustments move WAY too much. I can’t make precise adjustments like the old version.

Please follow this instruction

Thank you!

For those having the black screen/non-load issues, could I get a copy of the AutomationGameLog.txt found at:

%LocalAppData%\AutomationGame\Saved\Logs

Email it to contact@camshaftsoftware.com that would be great.

@Madrias, @Pyrlix

No guarantees on us making a DX10 compatible build. I believe some of our shaders use DX11/SM5 only features. DX11/SM5 was released and could purchase cards capable of it in September 2009, so coming on 8 years ago.

Epic themselves state DX11 compatible card as the minimum specs. Which would hint that SM4.0 support is more of a legacy thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the DX10 info Cas! I did read that UE4 inofficialy supports SM4 - but is being weird about it.
A used HD5870 should be affordable for most people.

@zeussy Email sent.

As for the feasibility of me picking up a used GPU, that’s unlikely to happen. As for getting a new, modern GPU, well, I was about 2/3 of the way there when I had to use that fund, plus my emergency fund, to get my car fixed.

If DX10 can’t be supported, so be it. Chalk up another victim to the advance of technology and the lack of disposable income.

I copy pasted the error code and searched for windows 8.1 fixes and so far nothing has worked.I am probably forced to sit out on this beta testing :cry:.Best i can do is probably wait for the reformat of the computer after i install a new hard disk.

No Pistons when using a 5 valve engine

When you add a turbo to an engine with racing throttle per cylinder injection, the game gets the piping wrong, like this:

1 Like

Tried an open beta just a bit on the laptop, where it runs on all high or epic settings without error, but it is slow and laggy, compared to the previous Kee/Lua engine. (approximately 10-20 FPS. Note: I have intention to benchmark on the UE4, but I didn’t press the key to show the frame rates, so I need a tip before I fill the Part 2 form)
Specifications - CPU: Intel Core i3-4030U, Memory: 4GB, Graphics: GeForce 820M (supports up to DX12), OS: Windows 8.1 (64-Bit)

There’s an ear rape/sound glitch if you build a turbo V10 with aggresive cam tuning and you limit it at 2000rpm.

Edit: also, the layering system needs to be worked on.

Edit 2: V10s no longer accessible after crash.

Mad stance life (aka 30 degrees of camber on all 4 wheels) only goes 2 seconds slower around the ATT rather than a proper alignment of -2 to -3 degrees of camber. (2:17 instead of 2:15)

1 Like

I believe the speedometers are a bit broken. I’m supposedly only doing ~80 MPH, but when I checked on the transmission graph it’s about 150 MPH.

1 Like

Torsion beam does not work

2 Likes

12 Likes

Photo studio is very smooth, I get around 10fps in the engine designer and 30fps in the photo studio but when I clicked take photo…

2 Likes

Ok, so I played the UE version for about an hour. Verdict & crash & bug & everything report:

3 crashes: first crash occurred when I accidentally scaled a fixture to a huge size. Second was when I tried to change the year in the engine designer, because the engine was from a different year than my car. Third happened when I tried to take my complete car into the photo mode and pressed “Fix!” (Irony)

UI: The lower section (where you have your sliders and such) looks great. However, the sliders move way too fast. The final screen where you have your car stats is good. The upper UI’s left side is a bit too cluttered. What if the player could decide which stats they want to see?

Fixtures grind my gears. Deleting them is unreliable and cryptic. How am I supposed to know that you have to “throw” them off the car? Placing and scaling them is also a bit fiddly and usually too sensitive. My computer also dies whenever I try to move the fixtures around. What I like about them, though, is that they look good and there are new awesome fixtures, such as antennas.

Other: Engines are beautiful and the cars are too. Mufflers don’t muffle the engine sounds. The paint tool is fun and works well. Mixing your own paint is the best thing.

TL;DR: Looks awesome, but isn’t as fun to play as the kee engine version.

Btw, when the game crashes and the error report-thing pops up, does the message go to Automation’s devs or to some random dude at Epic Games?

For fixtures deletion: Use [DEL] on your keyboard - that works now.

Fixtures seem to have quite some issues at the oment. I miss cloning of fixtures, and the symbol for asymmetry is weird - took me a while to figure it out.
What i wish to have as extra is: a solid 45° or 90° rotation button, a “snap to center” button and buttons for deleting.

Also there seems to be something weird in the car calculations at the moment - all of my cars are oversteering massively. Turbos lost a ton of finetuning options - size of turbine etc. goes in massive steps now.

UI wise the the final testing screens feel very cluttered - probably because i am not used to it/new.

Photomode: Crashes for me when i try to make photos on 4k Screenresolution - or seems to take ages. Works on 2560x1440 windowed.
UPDATE: My PC crashed. On photomode - in the canal. After around 20-45 minute play i wanted to make a photo of my car in the photomode. Went to the canal, wanted to make photo… pc hung up for a second, then i got something with “could not allocate texture memory” and then my PC got a blackscreen and restarted itself. All settings are on Epic and windows resolution was 1440p.