UE4 Open Beta Body + Variant Issues list

This is fine

2 Likes

This body appears to have been brought across to vanilla… it also has engine bay size issues. 2.5L V6 fit perfectly fine transversely previously, now all I have is a milk carton.

3 Likes

Fresh one after updated b180922, 09’ 3.1m limo body morph issues - sedan, hatchback and coupe are all bugged. There could be more styles that went wrong but not sure.

These mid engine bodies have somewhat overly restrictive engine bounds imo.

I heard about this one for awhile but never saw it for myself, and I don’t know if it has been reported somewhere. The little Mclaren definitely has a little room to move the firewall forward.

Capture

Going along with what strop said…

I think this one just needs the rear firewall nudged forward a little bit to allow for short mid-longitudinal engines to be viable as well as transverse V engines. (Maybe I had it too big before, but happy medium? :upside_down_face: )

Capture

5 Likes

Every single suspension setup clips through the new S2000 body, and it has a huge issue with understeer (because other than the soft-top variant, it weighs 11 thousand fucking pounds.) Bonnet hiding also doesn’t work. I’ve got a feeling you guys didn’t test this at all.

The Capture and Capture (yay they’re back!) have some skinning issues.

Both cabin morph limits are a little too extreme and have some wonky centerline vertices in the front. The roadster’s front morph is a bit wonkier.

The Capture also has a centerline issue on the back cabin morph

The Capture has unweighted vertices in the back cabin morph

…and this one doesn’t really affect much but the bottom of the rear morph is assymetrical.

The Capture has some weird reflections going on with it. The other variants are ok.

1 Like

This is why the 00sSuperCarLarge body can’t fit long engines:

This is yet another body in which the rear firewall is not far forward enough to accommodate anything longer than a 3.0L V8, and even then such an engine barely fits, as shown above. The remedy to the engine bay size issue would thus involve moving the rear firewall on this one further forward to allow for the fitment of a much larger engine, such as a 6.0L V12. However, I am pleased to report that all other known issues with this particular body have finally been fixed.

90scoupe01 now has this area that is chromed up and is a restricted area where I can’t place any fixtures.

This indicator just makes a hole in the body. I did somehow get it to show up once… so it may be a CPU Access thing, but I don’t really know the intricacies of that.

There are about a dozen duplicates of license plates.

To add to the small engine bays of mid-engined cars… “10sSuper_Cor_coupe” is quite small now as well compared to the original mod.

Fixed

I don’t know if this is the right place to put this. There’s a new issue with the Beam exporter with all the bodies I’ve tested so far, in which, if the car gets air (and thus the front springs are decompressed), the suspension actually appears to travel through the body. See the front R bonnet below:

@BoostandEthanol 's 1995 Keika Katana Twist used here but the problem is hardly limited to this body

1 Like

This seems to be a more fundamental bug with how engine bay sizes are calculated rather than just the settings on this body (though I have set them higher too)

Looking into it.

Thanks man!

Indicator seems fixed. Mid engine thing seems like it’s not body specific though…

The 60s compact 3 door hatchback (look at the name in the image) has only one line of seat. It should have at least 2.

Should now be the same as the large coupe. Fixed (ish)

Fixed

1 Like

90sCoupe Fixed.

Another issue with the 10sSupercarSmall01 body: the chassis now protrudes through the rear bumper if spaceframe or glued aluminum monocoque chassis are selected.

As for the 10sSuper_Cor_Coupe, the biggest engine I could fit in it was a 600bhp 5.8L flatplane V8, but anything larger is out of the question:

Like so many other MR bodies, either the rear firewall is placed too far back or the engine bay size calculations are severely bugged - I have a hunch it’s the latter, although it could be both.

Either LMP cars made amazing delivery trucks in there later lives or something is wrong with the cargo volume

(Leads the hilarious results)

6 Likes