UE4 Open Beta Body + Variant Issues list

That body also lacks the option of a wraparound rear window, which the larger, long-wheelbase version has. But making that body front-engined only would not be a solution because it would only mask, but not fix, the fundamental issue plaguing the mid/rear-engined option for it.

10sCoupe02_Large_ConvS (haven’t tested with medium or small wheelbase variants or hardtop variants) has a Carmageddeon issue when some fixtures are placed on its hood, which also causes immense frame drops. It seems to only happen with fixtures that don’t scale uniformly.

2 Likes

10sTrocc_SWB_CC and _RC lag the game and have insane amounts of tear. Fixtures are a pain to place because of the choppiness, and the game freezes when loading the body.

1 Like

The Esprit-styled body is completely broken. I tried to make a car so I can post stuff later but I just was tearing my hair out trying to make it.

Not only the car has completely wrong offset like in this image, but morphing it is a pain too. The morphs would end up inverting and some have no limits with how much they can be morphed. They can also be morphed to the point of being aligned off-centre. When the body does invert morphs, it also changes the maximum width of the tyres.

The body accidentially was released even though it was not even close to ready for release, will be removed in the upcoming hotfix and continue working on it.

1 Like

It’s melting! Meeeelltiiiiing!!

B.E.M.W. - 214 - Boomslang Turbo (1983).car (39.3 KB)
B.E.M.W. - 214 - Boomslang R (1983).car (42.6 KB)

EDIT: I had originally posted it here 1980 Sedan body is still melted

2010s_GT_Coupe_SWB has a, what I assume, messed up UV on the lower section of the Rear Bumper, making it near unuseable for designing.

Hi guys, had a strange issue with the mini body (1955) where the wheel arches and the strip of body along the bottom between them will stay automation red when you change the body colours. Just noticed this since the new update. Can’t post a pic this time the game crashed just after I noticed it.
Keep up the good work guys :slight_smile:

IIRC I made those Trim - might even be “mirror” trim

A fix has been sent for that, not sure when it’ll get added though

2 Likes

Cheers guys, I’ll try the mirror thing when I’m next on, didn’t think of that!

These bodies don’t produce lift at all. In fact, they produce some downforce even without downforce fixtures

10sSedan02Small_4dr, and maybe the other variants are missing some paint slots meaning that the underfenders and some of the window trims stay red and are uncolourable.

Tearing on 80sLMP. Happens on every fixture.

2.4m NSX body. In the testing tabs, it doesn’t show up as having any cargo volume, while the body selection clearly shows it as having some.

Sorry for double post, but found a bug with 2010s_GT_Coupe_SWB. Mid engine options do not have a big enough engine bay, even for mid-transverse.

Mid-Transverse

Mid-Longitudinal

I only noticed this recently, but 00sPonySmall actually generates too little lift front and rear.

Even though this is at the expense of greater drag, the near-total absence of lift at both ends makes lips, wings and spoilers almost redundant on that body, which is a shame considering how well the boxy shape lends itself well to the more angular aero fixtures. I would prefer if it had slightly more lift on both sides, with the drag coefficient being slightly reduced to compensate.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this is literally unplayable.

Also I would like to point out that there’re multiple instances of cars having their wheel arcs reset after a while. Happened to Civic, Falcon muscle, 80s Small hatch, 70s Coupe. I’m not really sure what’s causing the problem here.

Fixed: Ready for inclusion in a release

1 Like