UE4 Open Beta Body + Variant Issues list

I’ve found the error trace:

Fatal error: [File:D:\workspace\UE4-Camso\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 6592]
LoadPackageAsync failed to begin to load a package because the supplied package name was neither a valid long package name nor a filename of a map within a content folder: ‘’ or ‘/Corvette_Grille02/grille3C_editor’

KERNELBASE.dll!0x000000007E48A388
AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize()
AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe!FOutputD

It must be due to compatibility issues with a mod of some sort. Will unsubscribing from it do the trick? If not, I’ll try clearing the cache.

wasn’t there a thread for general issues on the open beta?

Here’s a list of things I’ve found to crash the game on openbeta so far:

1. Opening an item menu for tailpipes (as opposed to the main tailpipe menu)
  2. Clicking on “favorite taillights”

Will be edited as I find more things

An issue I found on open beta: you can’t create variants of existing engine families in sandbox. If you click the button, it does nothing (or does something I can’t see and/or select)

Clean out your plugins folder:
Steam\steamapps\common\Automation\WindowsNoEditor\AutomationGame\Plugins
delete all except Editor and Runtime.
Then try again.

I can’t find the Editor folder in that directory on my end - so where is it? At least I have found the Runtime folder there. But what effect is clearing out the plugins folder supposed to have?

Edit: This approach didn’t work, and the error causing the crash has not been eliminated.

Issue I found, while trying to make a Supra

2.5m 1985 Coupe body does this in the rear.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that body’s already fixed in the campaign beta.

90s Mid Coupe body (NSX) has slightly off wheelbase (at least 2.4m one). Front wheel is set slightly too far back in the arch.

Plus, I’d like to be able to shorten the nose length of it as well.

The open beta?

The opt-in light campaign beta.

Got rear chassis extrusion here. Both other variants of this body are fine.

1 Like

90sJDMCoupe also has its chassis protrude through its rear bumper if that morph is pushed in far enough.

Edit: this only seems to affect the front-engined configurations (rear- or mid-engined doesn’t have this problem).

Same problem on '05 coupe body.

Not sure if it’s been posted, but this body variant doesn’t have a second/third row seat option.

(The 2.6m body has no third seat row too btw)

I believe this is because it’s a soft top - hard top convertibles have no penalty if I remember correctly, and normal cars have a 12% (?) penalty.

All four of these bodies’ engine bays appear to have shrunk even further after the latest update:

This is perplexing considering that their engine compartments were already quite small in the last stable build.

It seems like a lot of former mod bodies have had their engine bays shrunk to absurdity.

A lot of bodies in general have shrunk insanely. I’ve noticed that some Sedan bodies are noticeably smaller than the wagon or coupe variants. My 1990 Levara doesn’t work in openbeta because of this. :frowning:

Please give actual examples of sizes that fit or do not fit, comparing to real life counterparts and mention what you expect it to be. If you no longer can fit a 10L V12 into some car and instead only a 5L V12 barely fits, then the engine bay has “shrunk insanely” but it probably is a good thing.

Okay, here’s the 1990 Levara in stable, and the engine does indeed fit. It’s a 2.3 liter inline 4.

As you can see, the engine fits snug as a bug in a rug, and doesn’t look absurdly shoehorned in either. If the car this is loosely based on (Mitsubishi Galant) can fit a 2 liter four-banger no biggie, an extra 300cc shouldn’t be a hassle.

I remember at one point you guys made engines appear a bit larger in engine bays–I don’t know if that was a long time ago, but it might be causing this in some way? Just a shot in the dark, probably wrong as I don’t think the engine’s visual size has anything to do with the engine bay filling calculations.

1 Like