UE4 Open Beta Body + Variant Issues list

To add to the focus body discussion, I think I found another bug with the engine bay sizes in these models: the bigger an engine is, the more likely it is to fit. Applies to transverse layout.
To illustrate, some pictures:

It only matters in the 2.5m variant, as no engines fit, but the behaviour is consistent across all wheelbases.

Cheers, Hipi

1 Like

The front wheels on all 80sOR bodies, both SWB and LWB and across all variants, aren’t centered. It’s offset slightly towards the rear of the car. Rear axle is fine

(2.8m 80s_OR_LWB)

another angle (2.3m | 80sOR_SWB)

Aluminum body panels show up orange, regardless of wheelbase, variant, or chassis configuration

Also, there’s also some funky stuff going on with the windshield (between the blue lines. A yellow arc is there to show the windshield curving oddly at the top, which isn’t shown in the screenshot). This is exclusive to 80s_OR_LWB_PickUp_CPP

6 Likes

The 90sLuxuryMWB body seems to melt when you select which variant you want for all body types on the current OB.

Opening the 50sMaffcSmallSaloon body causes the game to crash.

On a side note, would be appreciated if the bumpers on this body were removed.

1 Like

05_Spotlight_26_MPV_5Door is classified as a 3-door in-game despite being a 5-door.

3 Likes

the morphs aren’t saving on the 2005 ford body.

1 Like

the Focus body Car doesn’t have weight and cannot be tested, giving a NaN error once it is done.

3 Likes

1970 Convertible

1 Like

40sSedanLarge_4dr and 40sSedanLarge_Ute are for some reason darker in the chassis panel than other bodies.

A variant that is not affected for comparison.

The bug affects all body panel materials. It does not affect the paint in the trim designer (including non-standard materials, such as carbon fibre or cloth)

The 65_XMB_* has an unpaintable roof. Appears on all roofed variants.

Capture

2011 3m wheelbase SUV has no morphs anymore as of Hotfix 11.

1 Like

90sSUVTiny5P_Preview (aka LWB tracker truck variant) has an odd rectangle in the center that shows up when morphing. It’s otherwise invisible, but fixtures don’t stamp properly

90sSUVTiny3S_Preview has the same thumbnail as 3P_Preview, which doesn’t show 3S’s massive clamshell trunk

5 Likes

In stable, unsure if fixed in open beta78_TaS_Comp_MWB has like no engine bay space, barely fits an inline 4 with an 88.5m bore

4 Likes

Useless5

2.9m standard hood lancer sedan (94_jpn_sedan_l_cpp) has some tearing issues on the right rear door

94_jpn_alt_softtop_xl is definitely not a soft top. atm it’s a sedan version labeled as “coupe” with the mismatched file name

4 Likes

I dunno how to explain this but this kind of bug happened on this body. I guess this can be called as mirrored fixture bug?

2 Likes

Can’t remove the body seam on this body no matter what method is used.

2 Likes

This thing happened even before openbeta, but still it wasn’t fixed

Taking a guess but i think that happens because those fixtures in particular are extremely close to the body and the triangulation on one side is opposite of the other for the body, but the same for the fixture because its mirrored, causing it not to line up exactly the same on both sides.

All 3 '95 Audi Body Convertible variants show as a Sedan in the body selection menu.

That’s a new feature, “two door sedans” (so the non-sporty coupe bodies) are now listed as sedans since they shouldn’t get a bonus in the sport markets, and convertibles are listed from their base body style for similar reasons, with convertibles being a flag added to those bodies.

The modern vernacular calls them coupes but unfortunately Automation markets don’t know the difference between a generic coupe and a sporty coupe, so only the ones that are sleek and should be reasonably liked by the sport categories get to be called coupes.