Ok so I have been testing the new update for a few hours. The new game engine looks really neat and feels way better then the old one. While only running on 1 thread, I don't seem to have any waiting times at all. Gongratz for achieving this important milestone. I do want to help you find and resolve the occuring bugs and issues that come to mind when playing the UE4 version.
My pc specs:
16Gb DDR4 @ 2133Mhz RAM
MSI GTX 980
MSI B150 GAMING M3 mobo
Automation installed on HDD.
The major and minor issues that came along when testing it:
-Choosing an other engine for a new car trim was tricky and I found out I had to do it with choosing the "edit" function in the engine variant menu. Maybe just add a button to choose an engine?
-When an other engine was chosen, all old specs of the old engine remain until you press the drive-type again.
-Manipulation UI moving when placing fixtures. Most of the times when trying to resize the fixture, the manipulation UI jumps to an other point on the car and from then it isnt possible to manipulate anymore.
-Placing fixtures. When trying to place symmetric fixtures, a lot of times the fixtures both jump to the middle on the front bumper, even when trying to place them on the back. This happens only once per fixture though, and mostly when the fixture was first added to the car.
-No exhaust fixtures
-Badge fixture not working.
-It is possible to accidentally select the front fixtures through the back of the car, most of the times resulting in ruining your front design.
-Visual tire width is not always updating. Especially when editing existing cars or clones.
-Visual ride height is not updated when selecting different suspension configurations, only when sliding the ride height bar.
-Sometimes it is possible to get a non fitting engine inside a fully complete car(when changing the engine afterwards). In this case all calculations will take forever to load until you select the right drive-type or fitting engine. There won't be any warning in the trim designer, and it took me a while to figure out what wrong.
- When choosing the L/100kmh for economics and the car uses more then 10.0L/100kmh, it will result in only seeing the last two digits of the economics in the trim overview section.
-No turbo sounds at any engine.
-Inline 3 (probably even more engines) economic turbo's glow bright red when reving. Should not be the case with a economic one.
-The turbo pressure slider increments with around 0.10 bar, this is makes it difficult to finetune a setup.
-The V10 with direct throttle per cylinder injection with turbo has a non working air tube to the intake (could be with a different injection setup too but should be found quickly).
-V6 engines sound way different in terms of volume and rawness when dampened and not dampened compared to the other engines (sounds not balanced).
-Car is not loading in, though the world itself does load.
These are the current issues that come to mind. If I find or remember more of them, I will post them as soon as I can. I hope to help you with these reports.