[UE4] Spec Series Racing Build Challenge

np man fixing it ASAP

@Flamers Vector AardVark - GT Sport.car (29.2 KB)
Vector AardVark - Premium Coupe.car (25.0 KB)

Here you go man! Updating on my post too

1 Like

Just a little reminder, you have under 17 hours to submit your entries!

1 Like

For those who don’t like to wait for their new cars, but don’t want to skimp on performance either, presenting two new trims of the Vector AardVark series featuring a new I4 engine, tweaked according to their needs.

(As you could guess, V shaped engines are not easy to produce within 36 months and mine was V8 -_- Had to switch to the good ol’ inline 4 cylinder engines instead. Yeah I know, huge compromise but oh well, it’s getting the job done.)

@Flamers I hope this is the last iteration man, and sorry if I was being a pain in the ass with all these
Vector AardVark - Premium Coupe I5.car (25.0 KB)
Vector AardVark - GT Sport I5.car (29.2 KB)

Ba-bye horsepowers :frowning:

1 Like

Not a problem at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disclaimer: I wasn’t able to fit a serious lore car to these rules–any performance engine/chassis I would seriously consider in 2010 exceeded the engineering time limits. Thus, I took this as a challenge: can I get a MR car to work under these restrictive rules?

While an unconventional layout for a city car, the Rutherford Martlet E demonstrates that achieving superb fuel economy need not compromise handling, with superb comfort and drivability accompanying a remarkable 48 MPG. While the 116-HP engine makes it no sportscar, attention to weight ensures that it does not stray too far from the nimble heritage of the Martlet.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Martlet R provides a driving experience close to that of a supercar at a fraction of the budget. From a standing start it reaches 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds, and finishes a quarter mile below 12 seconds. Nor does this straight-line performance come at the expense of handling–cornering forces near 1.4 gs at speed, and it completes the Automation test track in scarcely more than 124 seconds.

Rutherford Martlet - E.car (17.0 KB)
Rutherford Martlet - R.car (18.8 KB)

1 Like

Levenbrech - Halfaxa.car (46.9 KB)
Levenbrech - Halfaxa Cup.car (41.0 KB)

Double-checked everything. Should be alright.

Road version

Cup version

2 Likes

@Flamers, can I send you my .car files now and write about my cars tomorrow? I’m not feeling very well right now (fkn flu), but in ~12-15h I’ll write a post about my cars. I’m just asking if you’ll be reviewing them before that (so let’s say, 15h from now), because I’d like to write about them before they are assessed. :neutral_face:

I’m sorry if my post is totally unintelligible :sweat:

1 Like

Take some paracetamol man

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fine :slight_smile:

Get better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just over an hour to submit your cars!

Thank you for all your entries, I will be going through them this weekend!

2 Likes

I am reviewing them on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/flamers1500

VOD link will be posted as well as the results here :slight_smile:

Eagle 208 Base is pretty normal compact car with a sporty appearance (made possible thanks to @MartinPL’s visual design). It has just 116HP from a 2.0 I6 NA engine and an automatic gearbox, but is also practical and economical (6,2l/100km). A very good fun car for under $11k.

Eagle 208 Track is where some the fun comes in - the engine is retuned to produce 231HP, which is close to a perfect amount for a beginner racing driver (let’s face it - giving a car with more than 300HP to an amateur is like trying to kill him). The car also looks like a proper racing machine, with lowered suspension, racing tires and a spoiler. It still keeps the Base’s FWD, so that there is no need for ESC or even TC - ABS is all that is required, due to strong racing brakes. The transmission is also swapped for a dual clutch, to aid with acceleration in a slightly (?) underpowered engine. Overall a pretty normal FWD sports car.

What if I told you that you can trick your friends and family into thinking that you’re a rich businessman who car afford a new supercar? Well $10k and it’s yours - the Eagle 707 CitySport. While it’s far from a supercar in terms of power output and interior quality, it sure looks like one, and also handles pretty closely, more on that in a moment. It is also a perfect car if you want to have a city daily and a fun weekend car on a budget and in one package - while a 1.6 producing 115HP is not much, it makes the car very economical and doesn’t compromise very good handling.

The Eagle 707 Track gets much closer to a supercar, with an extremely high-revving I5 engine, producing 259HP at 8600RPM, going well up to 10000RPM if you want. While it doesn’t produce much power above 9000-9500RPM (that’s where you should usually shift up), the heightened rev limit aids with extreme engine braking, lets you change gears later (or not at all) during overtaking or close to corners, and just sounds awesome.
Oh, and one important detail… It’s a MF car. Yup. The engine is in the middle, sitting right behind the driver, like in a true supercar, but the power is being sent to the front axle. How? It’s a secret. Why? Because our company doesn’t want young drivers to kill themselves on their first race - that’s why it also has less than 300HP. The MF layout helps to understand how a car with middle-mounted engine would behave, so that the drivers know everything about shifting weight and left-foot-braking when they hop into a real supercar in a higher racing league. But it also has a familiar FWD power delivery, so that most of oversteering mistakes can be easily countered just by flooring the gas pedal.
I must say, it’s a true Eagle Motors car, in almost every aspect - our doctrine is to make light, affordable, oversteery FWD sports cars with low-displacement high-revving NA inline engines. The Eagle 707 fits perfectly into all of this, with a midle-mounted engine thrown on top for good measure. I would be lying if I said that I’m not proud of it, even if it’s just some “weird, inferior, underpowered FWD” for some people.

5 Likes

I’ve just finished streaming the first half of the reviews (link is in the top post)

I know I’m terrible at driving, you don’t need to tell me.

2 Likes

I suspect it was achieved by specifying an AWD drivetrain and sending all the power to the front.

3 Likes

Fun stream, had a gander on catchup, shame I won’t be there to watch it live tomorrow but still.

As for the Seishin and race cars coming before road cars, the road car came before the race car, then the road car was remade from the race car every time I changed the main aesthetic of the car, as tuning road cars is a little more simple then the race car. Or even more awkwardly, the road car came from the race car which came from the road car which came from the 2.1m wheelbase race car Seishin which came from the 2.1m wheelbase road car Seishin.

The race car has a larger centre grill, but yeah you’re right, compared to others, not much change.

IIRC, I put a baffled muffler on the Martlet R because it was way too loud with no muffler (killed comfort and sport competitiveness) and I could not afford the higher engineering time of a straight-through muffler.

And I did not test it in Beam because I don’t have an analogue controller and cannot drive worth anything with the keyboard and high-performance cars–I apologize for the handling problems.

(edit: And the Cat was because the requirement for sport competitiveness, as well as track, suggested to me that even the race variant should be street-legal.)

Most of it is my terrible driving!