[UE4] The Great Automation Run 2: Bolivian Affair, Chapter 5 and final results!

Sounds like something akin to an hommage road trip to Route 66 in present times, which would be pretty sweet. Either way, only time will tell…

3 Likes

Wait, it’s over already? I had absolutely no time to RP, let alone look at the spreadsheets! RL is annoying when it gets in the way :stuck_out_tongue:

Well anyways, thanks to Computah for hosting this challenge, it was fun while it lasted.

1 Like

i will post some RP into this when i get the time to do so

technically it is over, but eplilogue-style RP is still possible

I too had no time to RP.

What I can say however is that there appears to be more than one person trying to follow the breadcrumb trail back to the source. But unravelling the mystery of the GAR surely is merely finding the entrance to the rabbit hole…

3 Likes

Team Run N Gun

Previous Post
GAR2: Ep. 5

Desert of Atacama, near Arica, Chile. 28th August 2018.

Turns out, the organisers of the GAR did have something terrible planned for the last leg of the race; an all out sprint to the finish line over trackless desert! Our Alpaca has served with us since new and she was now 18 years old so I knew we weren’t winning any sprints today… But I would push the car as hard a she’d go and we’d do our best.

As expected the faster cars roared ahead of us, making visibility difficult, but my blood was up so we managed to keep in touch with the main pack. It was during this initial rush that Team Help How Did We End Up In Here either accidently, or purposefully, brake checked us!

For one blissful moment our world was at peace, our Alpaca did a barrel roll and we found ourselves upright, stalled and rather dazed. Other than a littering of auxiliary lights and spare clothes marking where we rolled, nothing seemed to be the worse for wear… Then I heard Ben screaming. His right leg was jammed at an awkward angle and his shin was swollen, hot and sore. Damnit! Ben’s leg was broken!

I released Ben’s leg (he passed out) and quickly splinted the injury, then buckled him back in. We had to finish and we had to finish soon… Other than feeling guilty whenever Ben groaned thanks to hard bumps, there were no more incidents and we crossed the finish line in twelfth place. We survived, lost the FSB manhunt and we were headed back to the USA to finally find peace.

First things first; get a doctor for Ben. The race organisers had medical staff on hand and they were able to splint the break neatly and efficiently. Ben refused their drugs, as he always did, and we met at the Alpaca to determine our next plan…

Turned out Ben already had made plans; he has decided to invite us to a big after-party that the Orc Krew were throwing! While I looked after the truck and drank some horrible tasting-but-exquisitely-cold Fosters beers that had somehow appeared on the bonnet, Ben went off on a mysterious errand, taking his Glock with him…

Orc Krew part II

On The Cargo-plane to Chicago

S: “So, Ben. Ready to take on our new life in Chicago?”

B: “Yeah, bro… I’m just looking forward to being able to rest easy for once. No FSB. No ‘El Chaffee’. Just honest work and good friends”

S: “Let’s just hope the CIA leaves us alone after we’re finished with our DEA business”

B: “True that. At least we can prepare the ultimate bug-out car thanks to them letting us import the Alpaca…”

S: “That truck’s family… yawns Man I gotta get some sleep. Goodnight”

B: “G’night”

THE END

Thanks @Mr.Computah for another great GAR, I look forward to being part of the next installment!

5 Likes

It’s “El Nabo”, silly Ben. I know you are trying to make him sound like a badass threat, but he wasn’t self-respecting enough to get a badass name… :joy:

2 Likes

That was a reference to the brothers having to hide out in South America doing low level smuggling work for the Cartels… But it would have made more sense if I’d referenced El Nabo, :laughing:

My team’s just glad they survived, plus they’re kinda bummed out that they didn’t get a chance to meet their estranged relatives, may God have mercy on their souls… :ghost:

2 Likes

Ah, fair enough. I was under the impression he was getting the name wrong on purpose, a bit like “Hell I dunno who this goof was, El Chaparral or something”. You know, action hero speak. :laughing:

And above all else, proving to Canon Fodder why alpacas are the greatest. Your performance only furthered their love! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

your relatives are still alive.
i dropped them off at la paz airport

1 Like

Awesome! I’d forgotten someone had saved 'em… :heart_eyes:

when they were stuck in the river, i met them and fished them out (not the car tho, we had no winch)…
then they had a Uber for 900km to La Paz

2 Likes

Since the Camión De La Basura Racing team was disqualified from the Great Automation Run 2 (rumors say it was due to a drugs related incident…), Aaron Gonzales and Dario Carlos decided to take the trip anyways, even without an official starting number.

Some of the impressions a long the way…

Stage 1, the Amazon Rain Forest

Stage 2, the bolivian Death Road

Stage 3, La Paz

Stage 4, The Andes

Stage 5, the Atacama

…and because I had these pics edited before the actual event so I´m posting them anyways…

15 Likes

OOC:sorry for late-bumping the thread, but better late than never, so here is my finale

also: i have clearance from @Mr.Computah to publish this post

Operation BIRD; FINALE

August 27th 2018; later in the afternoon, possibly early evening.

… they see some guy wearing a helmet standing in the middle of nowhere.

Tonsom: “So that must be the guy. Time to pull it off!”

At that point Connot sharply turns left, now heading southbound away from the actual finish line.

Tonsom: “WHAT THE FUCK?? Where are you going? He is over there! points at the helmet-guy
Connor: “I need to identify him in order to be able to arrest him, but with the polarized visor of the helmet, his face is not getting enough light to do so. That is why i am taking a detour to make him face the sun. And since we are not last, we have the time to do it.”

Without any other reaction, apart from a surprised Redwood, they head south for about 24 minutes. After that, they turn around and head back to the actual finish line.
Another half an hour later, they get to see the helmet-guy, now facing south as expected.
They drive past the guy, finishing the race and allowing Connor to scan the helmet-guy.
Said scan only reveals the name with little additional information.
(The helmet-guy will be referred to as Johnley from now on)

They race past Johnley, just like any other racer, apart from direction. Then they wait for some kind of proof the race is officially over.

A few minutes in…

Redwood: "Wake me up when something happens. lies down “flat” on the rear bench
Tonsom: “Count me in. Folds the passenger seat half-down

around eight and a half hours later

Most of the teams have already ledt as the Teton Dirt Warrior crosses the finish line. After that, Johnley pulls out a phone and calls somebody…
Connor starts the engine and drives towards Johnley.

Connor: “It’s over. We can start now.”
little reaction from the others…
Connor: “WAKE UP! IT IS HAPPENING!”
Tonsom: “The fuck?? No need to shout all over the place…”
Redwood: zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

Tonsom more or less secretly pulls out his P8 handgun (imported from germany; standard handgun in the german military; essentially a Glock 17).
Then the Mimas comes to a halt next to Johnley.

Connor gets out of the Mimas, leaving the driver door wide-open. Tonsom does the same, but on the passenger side.
Connor: to Johnley “Good evening. May i ask you to remove your helmet please?”
Johnley: “Why the fuck would i do this?”
Connor: “Because we are looking for someone named Carl Frederick Johnley.”
Tonsom: to himself "Oh my god this is gonna end badly… quietly prepares his P8 and hides it behind the Mimas’ rear-right door
Johnley: “HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME!”
Connor: “Doesn’t matter. determined You are arrested for at lea…”

Before Connor manages to finish his sentence, Johnley starts to draw a gun (Walther P99; common handgun carried by german police officers OOC: did not bother researching 'murican handguns…), which has been seen by both Tonsom and Connor. Tonsom reacts first by drawing his gun as well. Being a trained cop (dun dun duuunn), he draws the gun much quicker and manages to place a shot first.
Said bullet actually flies through Connor’s jacket, without actually hitting Connor himself. It eventually does hit it’s intended target in his primary arm. Connor, having noticed the unintentional hit of Tonsom, immediately freezes for a few seconds to run an analysis to inspect if any damage had been done by the bullet.
Luckily, said analysis reveals no damage, apart from the hole in the jacket. He then is aware pf his surroundings again, realizes Johnley being wounded and starts rushing towards him, eventually tackling him over like a football player (not soccer) and immobilizing him on the ground. Tonsom then rushes around the rear of the Mimas, hands Connor a zip-tie, resulting in Johnley having his hands tied by Connor.

The following interrogation, held at a local police station being so kind to offer a room, revealed that another race will be held some time in the future.
While not the success they hoped for, BIRD definitly made some progress on their investigation.
But now, they have to get Carl to jail somehow…

8 Likes