UE4 Workshop mods do not work

Yeah, so as the title says.

I subscribed to the mods in the workshop and they just do not appear in UE4. I got a full library of mods for the Kee, and those work just fine. I’ve checked, and the mods are downloaded, they just don’t appear in the game. I did a reinstall of the game and later of steam and it did not help. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem, but I found them in the workshop directory. I reckon moving or copying them to the correct subfolder could solve this issue.

Did you get the message when loading that the mods are for a “different version of the engine” and asked to load or nor load?

No, as a matter of fact I get absolutely no messages when running the game. And yes, I did find them in the workshop directory aswell, like abg7 did. Moving could be a solution, if I knew where to move :smiley:

I also have this issue and even transferring the files directly over to the UE4 mod folder and renaming as they should be (following instructions from a dev) and the game merely just deletes them once it loads up. Doing so the Pyrix mods were listed as being from a different version of the game and I was asked to load or not. Although it made no difference the game would delete anything I put in the UE4 mod folder as soon as the game loaded up.

I have the same issue, and I resolved them:

Go to Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\293760, and copy the latest downloaded files.

Paste into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automation\WindowsNoEditor\AutomationGame\Plugins, and now, enter into the folders, and erase the metadata file.

3 Likes

Did this. Had the “was designed for a different version, attempt to load anyway” prompt, clicked on “yes”. Mods seem to work now.

It would also be cool if they worked without this, but it will do for now.

2 Likes

I asked to the devs if is a Steam issue, or a game issue.

This might be fixed in the near future

2 Likes