Ugly or weird cars you think look cool

Reliability record? Pfff, who cares, look what a cute little puppy it is :wink: Also it’s a Fiat, so yeah, it will break, but you’ll get it fixed for some 1,50$ (or at least so people say in Poland).

3 Likes

Heard all about the problems on the 2.3 and 3.4. UI believe they especially loved to eat head gaskets. And the 2.3s were buzzy and stuff if I remember correctly due to lacking a balance shaft.

Old Galant, few liked it, I bought it back then and loved it. Fun fact: The body is in Automation…

5 Likes

Everyone I know that owned either this generation or the generation after seems to have loved them. I have no experience with Galants whatsoever but I guess they must be quite good cars after all.

2 Likes

I had the next generation as well, 5 years later:

5 Likes

My sons mom had a '99 Galant at one point…

I rode/drove a couple other Mitsubishi automatics from the same time period and loved how they shift at such a high rpm, kinda encouraged you to drive faster than you needed to.

https://www.netcarshow.com/Alfa_Romeo-155-1993-800-02.jpg

The Alfa Romeo 155

Ugly, but in a good way.
Cool, hell yes.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s childhood nostalgia when I am creeping close to the 40-mark, because I remember them being absolutely everywhere, but I have really started to get a soft spot for the Peugeot 505 lately… :thinking:

6 Likes

Turbo/V6 sedan or the Dangel one = :heart_eyes:
And I’ve never even seen it IRL.

A friend of my father had a Turbo Injection, went like a stink when it ran, which was not all too often unfortunately…

I’ve had a chance to get a 505 for free on two separate occasions. I kind of regret not going for either. Both times would have been a terrible idea, but it likely would have been a fun adventure at any rate.

3 Likes

Not something I’d consider ugly or weird looking, but I like the 7th gens as well. And judging by the wheels, yours has the J30A5 and the 5 speed auto.

At one time in my life my moms boyfriend used to rave about this Peugeot he had. Up until that point, I had never seen a Peugeot, or heard of one. We knew it didnt run and he had to get it towed to our apartment. As a kid/young car enthusiast, I was pretty excited for its arrival…couldn’t wait to see this new car with a name that I had never heard of before. This was long before Google. One day, coming home from school…4th grade I believe, in what I knew was our parking spot, I seen this grotesque looking old dusty blue wagon backed in. At the time i can remember thinking “what the FUCK is THAT?”…This couldnt be the car ol boy was so excited about. I didnt really talk to him like that so I didnt ask questions. It wasnt until a few days later i got the confirmation. I was walking through the alley coming home from school like normal, but on this day i see the hood open of that thing called a Peugeot. In the front leaned over the engine was my moms boyfriend twisting nuts and bolts. This same scenario would play on for weeks at a time. A few times I heard him try to start it. One time it did start and black smoke went everywhere. I never seen the car move…ever. I even remember at some point he got what I now know was a donor car, a brown one. Long story short, this was my introduction to Peugeot. After Googling I now know that car was a 504 wagon. I still think the 504 is ugly, but the 505 on the other hand…now THATS pretty cool :sunglasses:.

1 Like

I think the 504 is a rather great looking car.

Problem is, the US market version with it’s sealed beam lights and plastic bumpers spoil the looks greatly.

And of course, there’s the 504 coupe, which is breathtakingly stunning.

5 Likes

LOL, that’s a good story, Duce.

1 Like

No doubt that car was really gorgeous on the outside…until the old EPA decided it was a “great” idea to screw its looks by implementing, quite horribly, their stupid-ass safety measures as seen on that last pic. Unfortunately starting in 1985, in markets like Chile, it suffered from lower sales, stemmed from severe competition from European (Opel Vectra) and Asian (Early Mitsubishi Lancer) entries, as well as the newer Peugeot 505 which was being built at the Automotora Franco-Chilena plant, alongside the 504, therefore forcing its gradual demise until it was finally discontinued in '87, with the Pick-Up version being retired from production in 1990.

MD Rallye Sport Optimus Evo 4 Buggy.

Ugly, Functional, Cool

1 Like

To bring light to Giotto Bizzarrinis passing,

The AMC Bizzarrini AMX/3

2 Likes

It’s weird in the sense that AMC never built a production car like this - but it would have made a good halo car if they did.

1 Like

They very nearly did make a mid engined super car. Sadly the project was killed off at the last minute and only 6 prototypes were built.

3 Likes