Upcoming Q&A and some News

Post your questions for the upcoming Q&A, Post them in a reply here or email them in to contact@camshaftsoftware.com

Also the news! We will very soon be working full time on Automation. Thank you for your support!

First Question, When will Daffy get a new MX5?
Second Question, Will the game get release before the end of this year?

1. How many lines of code are there in Automation? (nerdy)
  2. How buggy is the Car Designer now?
  3. How much coffee do you guys drink while designing and programming Automation?

My one and only question:

1. If you guys could choose one super-power to live and die with, which would it be? (For a little added twist: Cas must choose for Andy, and vice versa!)

1.Where are the V6s on your priority list? (I so want to recreate Stratopolonez?)
2.Have you got any plans of getting loady back into the beta-testing?
3.Any plans of getting I2’s into the game before it’s release? (PF126p)
4.Will you be able to drive your cars?
5.When will Automation be released and how can I get it?
6.So you’ve built a car, what do you do now? Is the game just about building cars?
7.I don’t know what a kW even is, where are my Horsepowers!?
8.I don’t see any turbochargers/v8s/I6s etc. will you be able to have those?
9.Are you coming out with a Linux/Mac/Android/IOS/PS3/Commodore 64 version
10.What are the system requirements?
11.Will my Ford, Volvo, Lada, My Favorite Company be in the game?
12.What can I do to help/make you work faster?
13.Do I have to buy the Forced Induction Edition to get Turbos/Supercharger ect?

14.Did you notice that questions 4. - 13. are copied straight from FAQ?
15.What would you do without our Honorary Dev - Lead Beta Tester/Design Assistant and Purveyor of German Nom Nom Nom Efficency? <----That’s me(Conan) who put the bit in British Racing Green

Another question.

Third Question, Will we get Killrob AG, Evardsen Motor, Cossack Autos, Conan Coachwork?

A quick question, will wooden pistons for Cossacks be added?
Ok now for a serious question.
Will piston bore/stroke limitations be increased from there current values?

first i would like to say congratulations and good luck with going full time…

Does this mean you guys will be on the live devestreem more often?
Obviously another question would be eta dates for different aspects of the game.

Congrats on going full time Dev.

2 questions

1. would we be able to get eta’s on update’s such as V8’s Turbos etc
  2. a car designer demo would be awsome ( i can live with some bugs ) also happy to put in more $ support to get a car designer demo

yes congrats on going full time guys. :smiley:

I don´t know if i am more happy for you guys or for me!

Does Rake love it?

when will you be answering to questions in Q&A?

Will we be able to do supercharger and turbo on same engine?
And any rough ETAs on upcoming additions?

Have you played business tycoon, and if so, is the strategic gameplay of automation going to be similar? (of course without the numerous bugs and with much more product detail)

How easily moddable will be the game? More in the side of changing the background of the engine designer etc. Or will be this a fully closed game from fiddlers?

Were you planning of implementing a safety standard that is achieved by crash testing vehicles? Whether in release or a future expansion pack which has deformable vehicles and dummies. For deep down we all love a bit of destruction :mrgreen:

How detailed were you planning on having the car company side of things? Will there be the option to buy shares in other companies or even a full share market including say engine, component companies etc. to buy and sell to make more money that way. One thing I did love about Railroad Tycoon 2 was you could play the whole game without laying a single piece of track if you wanted. I’m not asking you would go to that full on, but something like that.

Also! In regards to the above… If something like that was implemented, would you allow corporate take overs etc.? And also give the ability to keep the company private or float it on the stock market to boost cash reserves.

Multiplayer - Will it be one person per company, several per company or both?

Were you looking at doing a vehicle/engine exchange type website. Where people can share their creations? And also use say someone elses engine in their vehicle?

Twincharging… Please? Pretty, pretty please :mrgreen:

And can we order pizzas while killing a floor with a door on the way to buy more door? And to not make it a bore, can we look in awe at the jaw of the shark next… door?

And also… What about 3 wheeled vehicles? Reliant Robin-esque etc.

How soon do you guys expect to release a build of the car design demo?

Around christmas for the car designer demo :slight_smile:

Q: Some manufacturers (i.e. Ferrari, Porsche) have rich racing heritages that were/are integral in promoting their vehicles and aiding in their success as a business. Are there any plans to integrate a motorsport aspect to the game, perhaps in the way of factory-backed racing teams? And if so, could you give any further information on your ideas?

-Initial D