Upshift Magazine

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m planning to launch a competitor to SpeedDemon’s new magazine.

UPSHIFT!

Upshift magazine is now taking cars to be reviewed in it’s first issue, PM me your LUAs! All mods in the community pack are A-OK, but make sure your car is either new for 2015 or updated for 2015. Thank you!

Oh this is interesting. Are there any conditions? For example, if we send to one magazine, are we allowed to send to the other?

You may or may not wish to set up some terms of competition too!

[quote=“strop”]Oh this is interesting. Are there any conditions? For example, if we send to one magazine, are we allowed to send to the other?

You may or may not wish to set up some terms of competition too![/quote]

Nope, no conditions except that if any comparisons are held, you have the choice what edition to give us, so any losses for inequality is not the fault of Upshift. And you are allowed to send to the other, that’s how it usually is :stuck_out_tongue:

Sent in my Gunnar S/R!

Sweet! :slight_smile:

Breaking news: Upshift is launching a new section entitled ‘Readers Rides’. You can take any car from your company and modify, then come up with a backstory for the car and owner! Don’t forget to name the cars owner before sending it to me :wink:

Do you mean as in like modified versions of cars from your companies? As if they were modified at home?

[quote=“Microwave”]

Do you mean as in like modified versions of cars from your companies? As if they were modified at home?[/quote]

Modified by owners, hence the name readers rides. Like you send in pictures, specs, and backstory of your modified car and then they publish it in the magazine. SCC style.

Sweet, so for example we could show off a sweet ‘drift build’ or street machine that is based off one of our production cars?

Exactly.

Two more spots left for the Readers Rides section this issue.

May I request a spot? I have one that is guaranteed to blow minds, but it’s going to be a few hours before I get home from work

Sure. Don’t forget to make a little backstory/character.

Oh, I’m all about back story, don’t you worry :wink:

We’ll see :laughing:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Issue 1 of Upshift Magazine is nearly complete. Only Strop’s reader ride is needed, as well as one more readers ride.

Work schedule is a bit screwy atm, I will have it to you within the next 15 hours! Sorry for the delay.

Is there a spot open for the Reader’s ride section? If so, may I request it?

No problemo.

Yes there is one more spot! And it’s yours :slight_smile:

Thread bump!

We’re hosting a competition: Hot Hatchbacks/Sedans. These are the manufacturers’ limitations.

Car is recommended to be sold for about $30,000 as of the new update.
Car must be sold right now, in 2015.
Car is recommended to have an overall reliability of ~70.
Car must have at least 4 seats.
Wheelbase should be under 110".

Another notice: Cars should have traced its roots to hot cars of the 1990’s, since that’s going to be a focus of the car comparison. There’s a maximum of 6 entries. PM me your entries. Thank you, and we hope to get some entries!