Upshift Magazine

I’d ask Tofu, but I think it’s best if they’re new or old enough to be considered classics.

If you want to send in a car, it either has to be a new model for the 2016 model year, or have been updated recently. You can also send in your older cars, basically anything pre Y2K, for a throwback review.

I posted the files for a bunch of classic (and not so classic) cars in the “open source” thread. Help yourself.

automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =10#p83364
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =10#p83962
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =10#p84077
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =10#p84429
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =20#p85182
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =30#p85312
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =40#p85497
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =40#p85635
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =50#p86216
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =50#p86538
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =50#p86672
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =60#p86957
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =60#p87388

Upshift Announcement:

As writers type away at their computers, staff photographers take the cover car for a spin on the track, and TofuWarrior and titleguy1 discuss the magazine’s layout at Upshift headquarters, we come to the decision that we will need to run advertisements to cover the cost of printing. Thusly, we are accepting ads from any and all car-related companies. Ad space ranges from 1/4 page ads to full two-page spreads and are priced accordingly.

(Note: Not actually priced! Trying to stay in character.)

I would be interested in creating an ad! But first I need to post some cars…

I’d also be Interested in Placing an ad. Can you give us the Number of Pixels we’d need the Picture to be please?

Full page ads are 850x1100, while two-page spreads are 1700x1100, and quarter page ads are 850x550.

Fuck yes, I’ll make an ad.

Upshift Announcement!

We have an e-mail!

upshiftmagazine@gmail.com

Feel free to send in your letters :wink: (some may not get published)

Upshift Announcement!

Want to work for us? Here’s your chance! We are currently looking for a part time collumnist for Upshift to write a one page collumn that will go in the introductory “Cruise Control” segment of the magazine. To apply, send an example article of yours to our e-mail, upshiftmagazine@gmail.com, subject line ‘Collumnist Application’. Both titleguy1 and I will read it through, and we’ll get back to you soon! :wink:

Upshift Announcement!

We’re currently looking for two good examples of modern, driver-focused sports cars for a comparison article.

Vehicle is recommended to cost less than $50,000 as of B151001
Vehicles must still be in production as of November 2015
Vehicle must have two doors
Vehicle must be coupe body style
Vehicle is recommended to have a reliability score of atleast 70

Cars can be sent to me(TofuWarrior)

Another thread bump!

We at Upshift apologize greatly, but the other comparisons have been cancelled due to time and quality limitations. However, we’re back ready for action!

Upshift is looking for supercars to review. Specifically, the everyday supercar: sub-$175,000 supercars. Here are the limitations…

Car is highly recommended to be sold for under $175,000 with a minimum of a 15% price increase as of the newest update.
Car must be under $200,000.
Car model could be older to simulate realism, but trim must be 2014-2016.
Take your time! We want quality entries that are really, really realistic and quite good at that.

One last thing: It is going to be limited to only 3 entries. So take your time and refine your product as well as possible, and then send it to me.

I’ve got one waiting precisely for this moment. It shall be coming shortly!

Word of warning: There’s one open slot left! Whomever thinks they have a chance, enter now!

I think I may have something to enter. Wait up!

All spots are filled up! Entries are now closed!

And I had a perfectly good car to enter. :cry:

I’m pretty sure I know the answer, but, any update on the reviews?

I can’t remember if this was already mentioned but I vaguely recall something about waiting until the beta settled down to resubmit. That may have been mentioned on the old forums and the post not migrated here.

Yeah, sorry! I actually want you guys to re-submit since there have been a lot of changes to the beta. If you could, that would be great. Thanks!