Upshift Magazine

A long awaited review, part 1. Soon to be put into a Magazine format, but here’s half of it for now. Thank you for your patience!

Part 1.

4 Likes

Good to see it’s still alive! I have a question about one sentence regarding my car though:

Couple that with the most unpredictable driving characteristics of all the cars here, and you’ve got yourself a car that possibly desires to erase your existence.

This appears to be contradicted by the next part of the review. What did you mean by unpredictable?

I try to inject some realistic journalism in my text, so much of the stuff is made up. In this case, the drivability of your car was the lowest in the group as well as being the only mid-engined car here, so I said that it was the most unpredictable.

Sounds like pitching an Aston Martin DB9 against a Porsche Carrera GT :laughing: ok got it.

Very nice thus far! Well written balanced and interesting. I look forward to the visuals and part 2.

It’s a good start to the relaunch. Can’t wait for the next part… :slight_smile:

The article has been updated with part 2: Daily Driving, Style, and the ultimate Conclusion to this long-awaited article.

The complete article can be found here.

3 Likes

Good effort, that text. In the intervening period I actually transplanted Ouroboros into a different body that makes it even faster and efficient :stuck_out_tongue: I also had no idea what I was sending the car in for, hence the complete disregard for price point and road manners. That being said, I am definitely interested in making Ouroboros streetable, so that’s something I’ll seek to address in the rebuild.

My one complaint is that we lack raw numbers. We don’t know what the price of any of these vehicles are (I can’t even remember what I had mine set at), and we don’t know how much faster 16 seconds is because we don’t know what any of the times are. Got any stat profiles?

1 Like

When the magazine article comes out, there will be a page for stats.

3 Likes

Exceptionally well writeen @titleguy1, a really good read. Thank you for reviewing my car! GG to @DoctorNarfy winning the shootout.

I will certainly be making some adjustments to the car - I want this to be the best car Erin makes - based on that review, but I’m really glad you got pretty much exactly what I was going for here:
“A great sports car, a lackluster grand tourer.”

Once again, brilliant writing, thanks very much!

2 Likes

Get hyped.

(Actually don’t lol)

8 Likes

TG, don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Upshift hasn’t been totally forgotten, but what I don’t appreciate is that you’ve basically taken control in light of my absence, after 4 months, without bothering to mention anything to me. I support the revamp of the magazine, but the Upshift name still technically belongs to me, and it would have been nice to have had atleast some notice, especially before you start releasing text documents. I’m still alive, despite much of my time being eaten up by slaving away on my album, and it would be nice to know what’s going on.

I’m going to keep my nose out of the above, only noting that it looks like it needs resolving.

Well, this explains the remarks about the Ouroboros’ styling. That’s really not a flattering angle at all. Definitely something to review.

I can’t find a much better front angle for a perspective like that but I’ll try and make it look nicer. :slight_smile:

Nah you don’t have to. A headturner needs to look good from all angles, otherwise somebody doing the walkaround gets to one point and goes EURGH what is THAT… instant turn-off.

Hahaha, don’t worry, the car looks good. Just not my cup of tea. In scoring, it had a very low weight, so it didn’t affect results much. I just wanted to throw my opinion in there.

It’s kinda cool though.

I mean no offense to the other two, I’m sure they’re wonderful machines, but what I’m seeing is a face off between a 2015 Mustang, a DB10 and a Lamborghini Egoista. Not exactly the fairest match up in any caliber.

Great write up though @titleguy1, always good to see more reviews done!

lol yes pretty much, except that I can pretty much guarantee you that Ouroboros (in its final form)* will be nowhere near as rare as the one-off Egoista… and far more economical besides :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Please, you just blew your argument yourself. You two had an agreement, he moved forwards and did all the work himself. You should thank him for covering up on your absence.

I don’t really feel like getting into a big thing with you right now, but you don’t exactly have any place to be talking about agreements and how I should be thankful, if anything, agreements have been broken, such as the ones regarding the release of content. As far as I was concerned, I was putting my magazine on hold, and I could trust anyone involved not to take over without contacting me first. I have Skype open almost constantly, and he could have easily said something there, in fact we had a discussion recently but this never came up.

Anyway, TG’s apologized, all is well, and I’m trying to make room to devote some time to this.