Upshift Magazine

I don’t want to make a big thing out of this either since the issue is resolved, but I would hesitate to infer that written agreements have an unspoken time limit before they lapse. That’s tantamount to saying stuff that’s not written in a written agreement applies to the agreement.

At any rate, a lapse is a lapse and in the big picture this is a small one, and shouldn’t detract from the fact Evan did honour the original commitment which is great even though my car in review is actually already remade and improved lol

Excellent work @titleguy1 - you have resurrected an old thread and made it relevant again! I definitely agreed with your verdict - you wanted to find out which car of the three was the best everyday supercar of the bunch. :slight_smile: And in fact, the Nickel is a good choice if you want to slip under the radar compared to the other two cars you tested…

I’d like to take a moment to apologize to everyone here; my earlier post was written too quickly right after discovering the resurrection of this thread, and not reading Evan’s article very thoroughly. Am I still bothered that he didn’t mention anything? Yes, but I also appreciate that Evan still had the time to dedicate time to continuing this when I didn’t, and it’s awesome to see something I wasn’t able to complete still be relevant… Am I going to let Evan take over entirely? No, I still want to do this, since I share the same enthusiasm as my 2015 self, life just took over. Since then, I’ve been able to make more time for other things. So, sorry to everyone who had to read my hastily constructed earlier post. Evan, let’s kick some journalistic ass like old times. :wink:

7 Likes

One final teaser until I release the article.

7 Likes

(Shameless double post, lol.)

The article is now complete! Come read it right here. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoy it! I apologize for it being a word document, but I couldn’t get it to work as a PDF.

14 Likes

This is kind of weird to ask but may I share this on another site? This is absolutley brilliant! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

What site? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh it’s a very small site called Car Throttle. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure. Just make sure to credit me. What’s your CT name? I’ll follow you.

Same as my automation name Speedemon.

Very slick work. Good visual engagement with the layout, too. And particularly good with the convertible!

1 Like

Thanks for all your kind comments, I appreciate it! If you missed the full picture article, go back to post 85 and you’ll be golden.

Let this go down in history as the first and probably last time that I beat GG. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

The poll has concluded!

Order cars were revved in: Shromet Nickel MJ9000, Erin Scarlet X, Gryphon Gear Ouroboros.

10 Likes

Only just had time to read the article in its final form, it looks stunning. And you seemed to have read my mind, you got the way the rear lights actually light up on the Scarlet spot on.

And that engine noise…woohh mama, I love it!

1 Like

This is the part where I tell everybody that TG didn’t actually tell me what kind of car I was meant to be submitting LOL. Luxury? Whats that???

3 Likes

The poll has concluded. The best sounding car, from most to least votes, is…

2016 Erin Scarlet X - 6 Votes
2017 Gryphon Gear Ouroboros - 4 Votes
2016 Shromet Nickel MJ9000 - 3 Votes

6 Likes

My list goes:

1 Erin Scarlet X
2 Shromet Nickel MJ9000
3 Gryphon Gear Ouroboros

4 Likes

Well even if he did tell you to make a “luxury GT” it would still be 2000 hp 400 mph million dollar track monster :laughing:

3 Likes

What will the next article be about? We’d all like to find out!

Also, it turns out there are closer real-life counterparts to the cars reviewed in the first comparo than I suspected. The Ouroboros reminded me of a B Engineering Edonis (outlandish styling, small-capacity twin-turbo V12), the Scarlet evoked memories of a TVR Cerbera 4.5 (front-engined 2+2 with a flat-crank V8), and the Nickel had the same mechanical layout as a Bentley Continental GT V8 S (front-mounted cross-plane twin-turbo V8 driving all four wheels).