Ninomiya Automotive +α? (Reboot, or "How do I improve my car?" / new: Lighton, Mini-inspired car)

August 2017. Daiki Automotive was shrouded by a nuclear fire. Cat photos were gone, cars and engines were gone, and it seemed that just everything about the company disappeared into thin air. However, the man behind the company didn’t.

Fist of the North Star reference aside, I broke my computer this August, and all Automation data are gone. However, I managed to grab a better PC to replace the broken one, and the PC can run most games comfortably at 60 FPS (and serve as a space heater while doing so). This meant I would have a comfortable time with the Unreal version of Automation.

Because I forgot most stuff about Daiki (the company I used to run a thread about), I just decided to make a new thread, complete with a blanket title to cover every company I might or might not make in the future.
EDIT: The title is no onger a blanket one for reasons.

Stuff aside here’s a hypercar I managed to devise in UE4.

2017 Ninomiya Vega Flow

(AMD: Short for “Automation Dollar”, not related to the semiconductor company that makes space heaters)

Fact Sheet (in case the picture didn’t load):

Introducing the 2017 Ninomiya Vega Flow
693 kW (942 PS) Engine power
Naturally Aspirated engine
All Wheel Drive
7 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission (retroactively renamed as "7 Speed Dual NVMatic™ Transmission)
Electronic Differential
0-100: 2.30s
1/4 mile: 9.78s
Top speed: 360km/h
100-0: 27.7m
Prices starting from 147900$ (Automation Dollar)

5 Likes

Welcome back. I see that your new and massively improved PC has made it possible for you to make a fresh start with the UE4 build.

As for your first UE4 car, I would like to take a look at the engine configuration, especially the cylinder count.

Edit: Thank you for showing the engine. That V12 is simply enormous - and a proper powerhouse to boot.

As for your first UE4 car, I would like to take a look at the engine configuration, especially the cylinder count.

This is the picture of the engine’s “result” screen. Uses performance intake, and Long Tubular for mass production and stuff (which, is a bit pointless for a huge engine in hindsight, when the car made for it uses handmade interior).

The engine after replacing the header with a race one:

The car’s performance and stuff, after installing the header and adjusting the transmission:

9.66s in 1/4 mile
367 km/h top speed
149100 Automation dollar

Everything else is all same.

2 Likes

I’d run a noticeably smaller v8 with a turbo to save weight over the front axle in a FR car.

Also, I didnt get to work with the UE version of automation much, but is that thing FWD?

It’s not purely RWD, but its not a front-driver either. The immense amount of power under this car’s hood would most likely be unmanageable with just one pair of driven wheels…

Really? I didnt realise that that was what All Wheel Drive meant, I was so confused before…but seriously you really didnt need to explain what All Wheel Drive meant to a forum about a car tycoon game. :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

2017 Ninomiya Radiant RadiSpark

Spec Sheet:

Introducing the 2017 Ninomiya Radiant
Naturally Aspirated 2.5L Inline 6 engine
5+1 Speed NVMatic™ Transmission (6 speed sequential with an overdrive)
All Wheel Drive
Fully Active Suspension
Luxury Infotainment Suit + HUD
Leather Front Seats
Ninomiya Goalkeeper Safety™ System (Traction Control 3/4, or the latest one if neither one is available yet, and the latest Advanced Safety)
100-0: 27.7m
Prices starting from 29400$ (Automation Dollar)

Engine “results”:

It looks decent for an upmarket hatch. My only issue is that you’re risking confusion with something from Shromet that shares its name with your latest car.

1 Like

Oh… I guess it’s a common name, changed it to RadiSpark to hopefully avoid confusion with other stuff.

So my interest in Automation has sprung up again, and I made a few cars now.

However, I am not sure if I should be satisified with my cars, so I decided to upload them for reviews.

This is the Hummingbird, a lighter sports car supposed to be from 2012 which got a refresh for 2018, with a new styling and a NA engine.

The main point of concern is the rear (which shines brightly enough to prevent me from taking a photo), especially the tail lights.

Ninomiya Hummingbird - NA Edition (Oikaze).car (27.1 KB)
(Side note: “Oikaze” is supposed to be a fancy name for a design style, although I’m open to suggestions.)

3 Likes

1956 Ninomiya Lighton Van (Quartlet configuration)

Ninomiya Lighton - Van (Quartlet).car (17.7 KB)

OOC: This is my attempt to make something like the classic Mini, and I think I did well with the coupe variant, but I feel the rear is empty in the Van variant. I am also not sure if having 1 seat at the front is a good thing. (apparently, it gives me more points? also, I forgot to change the plate into a proper one)

Even if they aren’t many, single seater vans have been made.

1 Like