Vector City News Network - Automobile Review Division

(I wasn’t really sure where to put this)

Car reviews. Controversy. All the latest happenings, right here, right now. This is Vector City News Network.

5 Likes

Unrelated, look around local Craigslist and see if a desktop PC monitor is going cheap. You can plug that into a HDMI or VGA on your PC and still use it as a desktop. Just pick up something about $20 or less like this
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/sop/6132444624.html
Hope that helps and like the idea of a news Network!

You could also make it a YT channel. Get some more action in as we already have magazines

3 Likes

Any particular time frame you news network would cover? Petoskey Motors has a fair share of scandals and shady dealings in its past.

8 Likes

Let’s just say, we’re the time traveling type.

I like the idea, in fact i already do have a YT channel.

EDIT: I’m not too keen with the idea of using a desktop: I’m usually on the move, and i want to have my laptop with me in case any incidents rise up.

2 Likes

Vector City News Network

July 14, 2008

Petoskey Motors and Dalimash Ltd: The Hidden Lawsuits

Automobile manufacturers Petoskey Motors and Dalimash Ltd. have come under fire from many politicians and citizens alike after a hacker group calling themselves ‘The Deal Breakers’ revealed confidential files supposedly referring to a possible deal between the two companies. However, this wasn’t your normal engine sharing deal. The leaked files date back to 1973, when hyper-car manufacturer OSCAR Motors was supposedly in debt, before getting bought-out by Jacket Motors.

The files are, in fact, forged evidence supposedly accusing OSCAR of fraud and illegal factory building, saying that OSCAR “stole from the companies” and “built factories in Gasmea illegally without government approval.” The forgery worked, and OSCAR was doomed to die. (of course, they didn’t.) Then, they turned to Gauntlet Motors, accusing them of “stealing designs” by spying on their operations and using their plans to “illegally build muscle cars.”

Again, it worked, but Gauntlet was unmoved. The confidential files also state the names and details of all the companies that have been bankrupted by their practices. The companies would take turns scooping up dead car companies after the lawsuits, and shut them down for good to get rid of the competition. Other files include the practice of paying judges to work in their favor, the underpaying of workers, and, most disturbingly, Dalimash’s consideration of selling cars to criminals for bigger profits. The Deal Breakers have not been identified, and are supposedly still on the run. Dalimash CEO Kisu Takido has been arrested for his actions, while Petoskey Motors is still under investigation.

Vector City News Network

April 14, 2016

Dalimash releases the Argo family car

After a supposed 7 years in development, Dalimash Ltd. has released the all new Argo family car. An evolution of the popular Dalimash G7, the Argo is to be using Dalimash’s new V6 engine, the 551-GK2, or Codename Tango. The car was announced at last year’s Gasmea Auto Convention, competing beside Gauntlet’s all new Cormond 412 and Jacket’s hybrid-car, codenamed Model 97.

While Gauntlet’s car was, obviously, the talk of the show, the company has announced that sales of the car would be pushed forward to the Christmas season, saying that “The car just isn’t perfect yet.” Meanwhile, with the Argo’s aggressive price tag of 17,600$, twice as cheaper then that of the Cormond 412, with a price of at least 38,600$, Dalimash surely has a money monster on their hands. However, Dalimash may have to act smart, as Jacket’s Model 97 looks like it could be a strong competitor in the market.

In this segment, we have the inside scoop on the all new Dalimash Argo.

Dalimash has yet to give us permission to get a good look at the Argo’s engine, Codename Tango.

In fact, we never even got the damn thing. All they gave us were some pictures and that’s it. Sounds like review bending, if you ask me.

-Jason Alonzo

1 Like

wait, how much litres per 100 km?!

1 Like

it’s pretty economical, for 1975, so I don’t know what the problem is.

The problem is that this is a 2016 car.

Well then I guess it has 1200 hp?

1 Like

look at the drivability, sportiness, and prestige. i would be surprised if this makes more than 400bhp.

I am looking at the names “Cormond 412” and “new V6 engine, the 551-GK2, or Codename Tango” and assume those numbers are CUI?

The car, as said by the game, makes about 162 hp. I´m not home, at the moment, and i don´t have my half a screen laptop with me, so i can´t check. Until i can check, let´s just say that, at the moment, the car has about 400 hp.

551-GK2 doesn´t really mean anything, just random letters and numbers, and i haven´t made the Cormond 412 yet so i´m not too sure about the statistics and how it´s going to turn out. At the time of writing this i´m going out for a bit. I´ll think of something probably.

January 17, 2017

Cormond 412 Ad Under Fire For “Encouraging Violence And Speeding”

Gauntlet came under fire this evening by anti-media violence politician John Dansworth after launching their Cormond 412 ad on social media. The ad centers around a man going 120 mph on the Gasmea Motorway, swerving in and out of traffic.

When the camera cuts to the interior though, he looks at the speedometer showing 120, only to a silent “meh” and a shoulder shrug. Dansworth had the advertisement shut down and threatened legal action against anyone who hosted it. He argues that the ad “could encourage young people to do the same, and that could potentially kill them.”

Dansworth warned Gauntlet CEO Michael Rookie not to launch the Cormond 412 at the House of Commons, where he proposed Bill #1209, or ‘Dansworth’s Bill,’ which blocks the showing of any media that could be shown to young people that features carnage and/or violent content, saying that “Today’s media is plagued by controversial topics and vulgar content unsuitable for children. We might be brainwashing them, for all we know.”

Despite the warnings from Dansworth, including things such as “If Gauntlet launches that car, all i need to do is snap my fingers and they would be no more.”, Rookie promises that the car will be in the hands of the public sometime next week.

July 13, 2017

Editor and main reporter: Rodger Manson

Secondary reporter: Mann “Dansworth” Garrett

Strider Motors’s foray into the sports car market

Remember Strider? The guys who made cars in the 70’s and 80’s that were sold in the bajilions? Well, they’re still here, despite conspiracy theories saying that they silently, but surely, closed their doors for good. The thing is, they’ve been very quiet about their business side. In fact, they’ve been quiet about all of their sides. Now, with assistance from some of the big boys such as Dalimash and Gauntlet, they’ve risen from the dead and announced the all new Stalker; A V8-powered drift monster. With pop-up headlights. And a cassette player.

Yup.

Strider CEO Owen Benson says that they want to bring back the good old days from when they were popular all over the world. That said, the “good old days” was the same time Strider got kicked out from
Jacket Motors because they were costing them too much money with production of the Anniversary. Yes, THAT Anniversary. The car that the president of Gasmea still drives in his spare time on the country roads close to his house. I’m going to hijack the topic here and say that i don’t think Strider is capable of getting a good release unless they’re really smart and clever. Or corrupt.

Next week is when the Cormond 412 is getting released, and any sane company knows what a pain in the donkey it is to make some decent cash when it’s party time at Gauntlet’s. The Walker 6 gets a surprise release the next week after, although we all know how expensive those cars can be. Then again, we also have the Jacket Model 97 and- wait for it -OSCAR’s cheapest car ever made, the revised Zebra Turbo from 1994. Yes, THE Zebra Turbo. Too bad that won’t have any pop-up headlights. But then again, no one really heard of the Zebra anyways, so it’s Jacket that Strider might have to fear.

And just my personal opinion before i sign off: Strider, if you want to release a car without having John Dansworth on your tail, i recommend releasing NO ads whatsoever on any channel but Station Seven. And change the name so the guy doesn’t get angry at you for “encouraging perverted actions.” We all know what happened to Prime Motors when they released that ad for the Hydra.

Yes, THAT ad.

July 23, 2017

Editor and main reporter: Scott Porter

Secondary reporter and driver: Maria Tarrent

The Cormond 412

Well, we’re here. The Cormond freaking 412. No, it’s not a sports car. No, it’s not a super car. No, it’s not even a muscle car.

However…

So, what’s the big deal, huh? Why are we asking this?

Well, ladies and gentlemen, for the Vector City News Network, we present to you…

The first super SUV.

Topping an impressive 155 mph, the Cormond 412 is also practical to the core. It’s got a boot big enough for all of your stuff, plus some more. While not the quite the 4-door muscle car Gauntlet offered us, we’re still pretty grateful for what we got in the end. Launch day has proven to be very successful for the company, raking in 24 million dollars in the past six months.

Field tests have been decent so far: We did some shopping rounds and the Cormond passed with flying colors. We picked up some passengers as well before getting on the Archana Superway to get back to the studio.
Luxurious at best, the seats had screens in the back had RGB cables and HDMI, not particularly impressive in our opinion. But not only does the Cormond pick up radio signals for the radio, but it picks up TV signals from the antenna at the back! You can watch TV and listen to the radio! Except… You can’t. The car only picks up and plays one media at a time. Not useful when you want to listen to some AC/DC while the kids in the back watch whatever kids these days are into. Of course, there is a headphone port, and hey, who needs radio when we still have smartphones?

Then… we stopped to refuel. For about 18 minutes. If getting to the office on time is your main goal, fill up BEFORE office day. Or, just don’t buy the car. This thing only accepts Premium fuel, and when we accidentally put in some Regular, guess what? From what we could tell, the engine ate itself about three times over. So if you live in an area with no Premium around, you’re out of luck.

As for track purposes, the car passes with flying colors, but don’t buy it ONLY for track day. You have been warned.

This thing is grippy, and it’s fast thanks to it’s OSCAR V12 pulling in a decent 393 hp… 0 to 60 in 3.7s, but don’t expect this to win any records times on the Nurburing. In fact, don’t expect this to win any records apart from the regular ‘Best SUV Of The Century Award.’ Actually, it already got nominated for the thing. NOMINATED. Not WON. NOMINATED.

So, to sum it up into three and a quarter sentences?

All that power, at a decent price AND, novice drivers can trot around in it without sliding into a ditch. Or another car.

Or anything, in fact.

1 Like

June 23, 2017

Editor and main reporter: Scott Porter

Secondary reporter and driver: Jason “Lightning” Alonzo

Two reports in one day? The Model 97

Don’t buy the Model 97. Don’t buy it if you hate the sound of humming. Don’t buy it if you hate sports cars. Don’t buy it if you’re a rabbid Dansworth fan and you hated the ad Jacket showed along side the Model 97’s release.

Of course, you might be none of those things. In that case, we are proud to humbly present to you the Jacket Model 97.

For the price of $80,080, you too can wear Green Peace slippers without farting carbon monoxide everywhere. And since it’s June, normally it would be hotter than John Dansworth in a swimming pool. So, bless Jacket for making it a convertible. With the flick of a lever, (normally where the windshield wiper lever would be) the roof folds back, and you have yourself a nice little hair-dryer. Except, you would probably get more hotter than cooler, as the top speed for this monster is reported to be somewhere around 181 mph, thanks to Jacket’s custom-made turbo-charged V8 engine we here at the office nicknamed “the Jacket Heat-Up And Explode Engine.”

Don’t ask why.

But enough with bad nicknames: Me and Jason, our top racing driver, took it out for a nice summer drive across the boardwalk.

Oh, here are some stats by the way. (Ignore the underline: just a little thing that happened)

While driving across the boardwalk, we saw a nice unused strip of road we could call home… to test out the drifting.

To sum up the experience, let’s just say that we should be offered cameos in the next season of Initial D. After some civilian picture taking, we did what we did best: Shopping.

However, when i opened the boot, guess what i found? A giant set of batteries. Yeah, i forgot to mention the fact that it’s a hybrid. No wonder we heard humming when we left the office garage.

So, we had to open the roof, and put the groceries in the back seat. Then, close the roof again. Not so painful, until you realize that it takes about 24 seconds to close and open the roof. Jacket, if you’re going to make a convertible, spend less time on the sound system, and more time on the convertible bits. Sick sound system, by the way.

Fuel consumption wasn’t really an issue: the stupid thing barely had a gas tank, anyways. Gotta love that amazing fuel capacity you get with Jacket vehicles, huh? “He said, as he bitterly spits on the hubcap.”

But maybe i’m being a bit harsh. I mean, the thing is fast. 181 mph is impressive, especially for a Jacket convertible. But, 0 to 60 in 7.8s. I’m not even freaking joking. Even the CORMOND 412 could go from 0 to 60 faster. Then again, it had a V12 growling under the hood. So, i’ll cut it some slack. But the hybrid bit is annoying in my opinion. The batteries are a bit loud, and yet they slow the car down to 101 mph. That’s slower than the Dalimash freaking Argo.

Yes, THAT Argo.

But, i digress. Me and Jason went onto the Archana Superway to do some fuel consumption testing. At least it’s better than the Cormond, he lied.

Let’s turn over to Jason to talk fuel. Jason?

We had to stop about 13 times before i turned on the batteries after i got tired of stopping at every station. It took about 2 minutes to fill up the tank, and then it took 30 minutes at the speed we were going to drain it again. Amazingly, the manual said that the batteries lasted 48 hours before re-charging with 'OSCAR Automobile’s super high tech solar panels." The same panels found on the OSCAR 7.

It takes about 48 hours again to charge it, but only when it’s stopped. Eventually, we came back to the studio and we all went home. The next day, the batteries had burned out because we left them on “Stand-by” with the charger plugged-in, instead of “Off” with the charger plugged-in. Replacing them costs $2,950, or you can get some second-hand batteries for $600 that only last 12 hours.

We got the expensive ones. While just another shady business practice at best, at least it’s nothing compared to what happened with Jacket in 1997. More on that another day. Back to you, Scott.

Well, we’ve summed it up: A typical Jacket car. While not as powerful and on par as stuff like the upcoming Strider Stalker, which will be using a V12, and the Zebra Turbo, Jacket has once again made a classic for the ages: This time, a cheap little sports car perfect for the track and a nice country ride. Unless, of course, the country ride involves speed bumps and rocky road. Very self explanatory, i suppose.

On the track however, the “friction-less” tyres give it an extra advantage when it slides around the bends. The electronic sequential gearbox is comfy, faster than light. The well-tuned suspension allows some mind-bending tricks, and, when we put it into the hands of Jason, the thing was like a mechanical magician… before sliding off into a ditch and breaking his arm.

Don’t ask.

…i am shocked.

2 Likes

I just want to ask quickly, how are batteries loud?

Good article anyways

Can we submit cars for ur newspaper? I have a few you might like

1 Like

So, it’s a Hybrid car, with a cloth roof, and the electrics are located in the trunk, correct?

Did they think why that may or may not be a good idea?

5 Likes