Vehicle Body suggestions

I’m quite new here so I hope I wont get my head bitten off for posting here :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to see some classic British roadsters like the Triumph TR2-3-4-5-6 and Spitfire and MG A & B if only so we could make our own Anglo-American Cobra like.
I’d love to see some small rear engined cars as well, such as the Fiat 500, VW Type 1, Subaru 360, Renault 4CV & Dauphine and dare I say it? Škoda Rapid.

Of course there’s a distinct lack of any type of RR cars so I suppose some of those might already be on the list.

I’ve already got the Rapide (and 105/120) on my to do list :wink:
My Dad had a Skoda 120 when I passed my driving test, it was actually fun to drive.
I’ve no idea when I’ll have them done - they are much lower down on my list given that the game does not yet support rear engine cars, although I’ll probably do front engine versions at the same time.

Well, okay, since we have a new thread, maybe I’ll go ahead and re-post my first-ever request:

[quote]Would it be alright if I made a request for two things at once?

Firstly, I know there’s already at least one standard pickup model waiting in the game, but I’d like to be able to make a few pickups before the next big update. So, could somebody please create a bodyshell similar to the 6th & 7th generation F-series Ford trucks?

http://www.oldcaronline.com/photos/650617/650617_2.jpg

And the mid-late '70s Suburban, too? It’d probably be a great compliment to the '70s Lincolnesque sedan that Kubboz made, IMHO. Here’s a couple of reference photos:

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/images/a/2010/09/24/65707423/0_CIMG0460.JPG

So yeah. That’s all for now, I guess.[/quote]

Because I thought it’d be nice to have a full size SUV, from before 1980. :wink:

I’d like to see some Sweedish models from the 70s through 90s - SAABs and Volvos both had very Sweedish looks, straight lines without hard edges. I can’t see anything that I could use to make a SAAB 900 (3 door hatch, 4 door sedan, and convertible), or the various Volvo wagons which have somewhat similar styling. For the SAABs, one of the most important parts of the look is the rounded windshields, instead of the flat windshields you get on almost any other model. They were shaped like that for aerodynamic reasons, but I quite like the look of them as well. =)

1 Like

Im suggesting a 2010’s 2 door sportish car body
an example would be a nissan gtr

I’d like to see some kei car sized bodies.

1 Like

For anyone interested in modelling in general, GTA V has quite a few really good models you can use as a template, if you want some inspiration… :sunglasses: :wink:

igta5.com/vehicles

I would see some Targa bodies, like Porsche 911 (997) Targa.

1 Like

Sixties European or Japanese sedans. I want to make a timeline of a four door large family car starting in the early 1950’s and make every generation of the car up to modern times. I can make a 40’s to early 50’s four door family car and from the 1970’s onwards while making them look like newer generations of the same car, but I have to skip the sixties because the only era-appropriate looking large sedan is a huge American one with the hood and trunk stretching for miles.

[quote=“AlternateSteve90”]Well, okay, since we have a new thread, maybe I’ll go ahead and re-post my first-ever request:

[quote]Would it be alright if I made a request for two things at once?

Firstly, I know there’s already at least one standard pickup model waiting in the game, but I’d like to be able to make a few pickups before the next big update. So, could somebody please create a bodyshell similar to the 6th & 7th generation F-series Ford trucks?

And the mid-late '70s Suburban, too? It’d probably be a great compliment to the '70s Lincolnesque sedan that Kubboz made, IMHO. Here’s a couple of reference photos:

So yeah. That’s all for now, I guess.[/quote]

Because I thought it’d be nice to have a full size SUV, from before 1980. :wink:[/quote]

Im sure this “design” is already in the game in the recent update :slight_smile: Under the pick up body there is also a 5 door version that just look exactly like a suburban :slight_smile:

Here is a huge number of body suggestions, sort by decades.
50s Full-Size Pickup (like a Ford F-100)
50s Large Luxury Sedan (like a GAZ 12-ZIM)
50s Medium-Large Luxury Sedan (like a Citroen DS)
50s Medium-Large Sedan (like a Ford/Simca Vedette)
50s Small Sedan (like an FSO Syrena)

60s Medium Liftback (like a Renault 16)
60s Large Luxury Sedan (like an Opel Diplomat)
60s Medium-Large Luxury Sedan (like a Datsun Cedric or Toyota Crown)
60s Medium Sedan (like a Fiat 125)
60s Small Sedan (like a Datsun 1000)

70s Compact Pickup (like a Datsun Truck)
70s Large Luxury Sedan (like a Mercedes-Benz W116)
70s Grand Tourer (like a Citroen SM)
70s Medium Fastback (like a Citroen GS)
70s Light Hatchback (like a Renault 5)

80s Van (like a Volkswagen Type 2, T3)
80s Medium Liftback/Sedan (like a Ford Sierra)
80s Compact Pickup (like a Nissan D21)
80s Large MPV (like a 1st generation Renault Espace)
80s Medium-Large Sedan (like a Peugeot 505)
80s Large Luxury Sedan/Coupe (like a Mercedes-Benz W126/C126)
80s Mid-Engine Sports Coupe/Convertible (like a Ferrari Mondial)

90s Compact Pickup (like a 5th generation Toyota Hilux)
90s Van (like a 4th generation Toyota Hiace)
90s Large SUV (like a Toyota Land Cruiser J80)
90s Small-Medium Crossover (like a 1st generation Toyota Rav4)
90s Large MPV (like a 1st generation Toyota Previa/Estima)
90s Large Sedan (like an Opel Omega B1 or Mazda Millenia)
90s Medium Sedan/Liftback (like a 5th generation Mazda 626)
90s Small Sedan (like a Mazda 121/Autozam Revue)
90s Mid-Engine Sports (like a Ferrari 348/355 or 2nd generation Toyota MR2)

00s Kei Minicar (like a Daihatsu Tanto)
00s Mid-Size Pickup (like a 4th generation Mitsubishi L200)
00s Large MPV (like a 1st generation Toyota Alphard)
00s Small-Medium Crossover (like a 2nd generation Honda CR-V)
00s Large Hatchback (like a Renault Vel Satis or Opel Signum)
00s Large SUV (like a Porsche Cayenne, 957)
00s Mid-Engine Sports (like a Porsche Cayman)

10s Mid-Size Pickup (like a Ford Ranger, T6)
10s Small Crossover (like a Renault Captur)
10s Medium Crossover (like a Porsche Macan)
10s Small-Medium MPV (like a Dacia Lodgy)
10s Medium Sedan (like a Volkswagen Passat, B8)
10s LWB Large Luxury Sedan (like a Mercedes-Benz W222)

2 Likes

I think that the game needs some more '40s and '40s designs.

1940s tiny sedan

1940s medium sedan

1940s large sedan

1940s huge sedan

1940s coupe
http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Alfa%20Romeo/48-AlfaRomeo_6C-2500SS_DV-07-MB_01.jpg

1950s tiny sedan

1950s medium sedan

1950s large sedan

1950s huge sedan

1950s coupe

2 Likes

A question:

sometimes, while I’m workin on lights I feel the need to modify the morph of the car, but after the first part (when it’s time to put lights and grilles) it’s impossible to modify. It’s necessary to work on a new body.
In the future it will be possible to modify in a second time the car morph?

Most of the cars I see here in the lists seem feasible (partially) with some of the models we already have. I think if we pick cars for new models they should be very iconic. Also preferably some more models for the 40s to 60s. We are a bit short on those atm I think. Here are some suggestions, which others sometimes have some already specified.

1. Aston Martin DB5 (coupe)

2. AC Shelby Cobra 427 (coupe sport)

3. Volvo P1800 (coupe)

4. Jeepster Commando (as an early civilian off-road car)

5. Preston Tucker Torpedo (sedan)

6. Volkswagen Karmann Ghia (coupe), fantastic car body and even 1955!

7. BMW 30CSL

8. Rover P5
    http://www.historics.co.uk/media/50992/imag0005.jpg

9. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (I know, not really an older model, but still beautiful)
    http://aitbudapest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013-09-21/modlisme-alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-par-bburago-au_2.jpg

[quote=“RedRiot”]I think that the game needs some more '40s and '40s designs.

1940s tiny sedan
http://www.zigcdn.com/media/photogallery/2011/Jan/1949fiat500topolinojehannkaizaddarukhanawala_t_640x480.jpg[/quote]

This one I really like! We have no compact car model for 1940s-1950s.

1 Like

Speaking of Porsches, I have a suspicion that all the rear-engined bodies in the game will end up resembling the 911 and its sisters.

I’d like to see more small sporty cars in the game; a 2-door hatch like a Volkswagen Scirocco or Honda CR-Z and a small coupe like a Nissan Silvia or Mazda RX-7 would do nicely for starters.

2 Likes

How about some Roadsterbodies like MX-5, Z3,Z4, or Opel GT (alias: Saturn Sky).

We have do have a “not-Miata” in the game, but yeah, more roadsters definitely wouldn’t hurt. :smiley:

My trip to Japan made me eager to build vans like a 90’s Hi-ace

And a kei utility box like the modern-day Every/Scrum

Also, I’d like to see things like the staggeringly beatiful Facel Vega Excellence.

I’d like to see more generic bodies as well so that I can make cars that don’t have to conform too closely to what the body was in real life… I find it hard to avoid the trap of comparing my design to the real life car and feeling like my effort falls short, :laughing:

1 Like

I keep saying this. It should be what the game is all about. The developer’s bodies get it but most of the modders just go total copy of the real life version. I don’t understand that a modder, given the ability to create whatever body he wants, goes for a copy of something real instead of making something different.

If you are reading this and are a modder. If you don’t have enough creativity to make original bodies, at least copy something from a videogame like the GTA cars. Videogames without licences model have nice generic cars.