Vehicle Body suggestions

A blobbier midsize sedan from that era would be nice. Ford Taurus, Oldsmobile Intrigue, that kind of shape

We have a European sedan body (Audi) and a Japanese sedan body (Lancer) but nothing American from that era

4 Likes

Check the mods, there’s at least one good one I think

I think as the latest QFC showed, we have a pretty significant lack of late 90s to early 2000s utility bodies.

Part of this is because some of the bodies in the 90s, like the 93’ minivan body and the ‘97 Mercedes, don’t have van variants despite having MPV variants which could easily be converted into v
Shat could be really useful though, is a modular utility platform that can be used for pickup trucks, SUVs, minivans, and cargo vans. Something fairly blobby in 90s fashion but able to be molded into something more modern

4 Likes

Since the 1995 A4 body got removed in 4.2 theres not really any bodies to make a 90’s blobby euro sedan with, could maybe add a body based on the Mk1/2 Ford Mondeo or Opel/Vauxhall Vectra B.

8 Likes

The A4 body isn’t really removed tho, it got replaced with a new one.

there used to be 2 A4 bodies, they got rid of the B5 and updated the B6.

A scaled-up version of the '86 Colt body (to D-segment size, with a wheelbase of ~2.6m) could theoretically do the trick.

3 Likes

Related to this: a Megane style body would be quite nice, and also flexible, especially because the sheer amount of variants the megane had irl, such as the coupe, hatchback, wagon, and most importantly:

The egg.

9 Likes

Oh, and also:

Felicia

I don’t think we have anything resembling this style of body, the semi-boxy sort of late 80s-90s design fashion. All of the boxy bodies are rather sharp-edged, and the rest of the bodies are very round.

5 Likes

Image from Automation Game facebook page.

There was a body that resembled the one you’ve posted during Kee Engine era, but it wasn’t ported to UE4, so it will be completely remade, which consists of 3 and 5-door hatchback, wagon, coupe utility, van, as well as 2 and 4-door sedan and convertible, according to Automation Missing Bodies.

5 Likes

That body didn’t have enough variants in the Kee era - it’s about time this was put right.

Also, regarding the potential future inclusion of an enlarged version of the '86 Colt body set, in addition to a D-segment set with a ~2.6m wheelbase, there could be other sets as well, with my preferred body styles for those sets in parentheses:

• ~2.3m wheelbase (A-segment, 3- and 5-door hatchback only)
  • ~2.5m wheelbase (C-segment, 3- and 5-door hatchback, 4-door saloon, 2-door coupe and convertible, 5-door estate/wagon)
  • ~2.7m wheelbase (E-segment, 4-door saloon, 2-door coupe and convertible, 5-door estate/wagon)

I’m stating this because the Colt body set has plenty of untapped potential to be scaled up or down for various segments.

3 Likes

I am back here with a suggestion on my mind
Opel Kadett E/Pontiac Le Mans/Vauxhall Astra E/Daewoo Nexia/Bedford Astravan

Very versatile, several bodystyles made in real life to base variants on, such as estate, hatchback, sedan, van…

and despite being an 80s body, it has capability for being used well into the 90s, maybe even 00s

(look it’s a 90s car now)

(and now it’s a late 80s american sedan)

Also, any longer wheelbase variants can be based on other similarly shaped opel products of the time, such as the Omega A or the Corsa A, which also could be quite versatile options to make a good body of (although corsa is clearly far more 80s in shape)

6 Likes

^ The MK2 Astra would be a decent addition to the game, the old CRX mod body could be used for an Astra back in 4.1 but when they added it to the game fully, the proportions didnt really look right and the bonnet (hood) couldn’t be lifted up, adding more morphs for that would also be nice.

3 Likes

The roofline on the Muni body set (all sizes) is too tall for some applications; with that in mind, there should be an extra morphing zone for the roof (which can be raised or lowered), something the '87 405/E36 body sets already have. Also, the front and rear bumper morphs should be tweaked so that they can be flush with the rest of the body.

1 Like

90s Cadillac Fleetwood. There is no good alternative now if you want to make an american barge from that era that’s less blobby than the Crown Vic.

6 Likes

It would be nice to have an early 90s body akin to the volvo 850, with morphs and alternate wheelbases to make a 960, S40, or maybe even a first gen S60.

3 Likes

The Town Car mod from 4.1 comes closest, but it hasn’t yet been updated for 4.2.

I would also like to suggest two additional sizes for the '88 S15 body set (one with a ~2.3m wheelbase, the other with a ~2.8m wheelbase), a smaller version of the E31 body (~2.6m wheelbase), and 2-door coupe and convertible versions of the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis bodies, with 2 more sizes for good measure - one smaller, the other larger (~2.6m and >3m wheelbases, respectively).

Such a body set would have to be boxy for sure, but not too boxy, with an unlock year between 1985 and 1988.

3 Likes

I can see that an 800 series body could morph into something similar to the 900 series maybe, but not an S40 and even less an S60, those models introduced an all new design language to Volvo.

3 Likes

Hot-Wheels-Delorean-Alpha-5-e1660828387720
What about the soon-to-be-released DeLorean Alpha-5? I would love to have it in my personal garage. Sans them massive gullwing doors, that is.

3 Likes
  1. 2005-2021 D40 pickup body (to recreate [Hyter Trailrunner (D40) | Fan Made Game Vehicles Wiki | Fandom](Hyter Trailrunner (D40) | Fan Made Game Vehicles Wiki | Fandom and many other something) (Sadly no one saw this wiki)
  2. 2019-2023 RAM 1500 DT body (to recreate SSD L-Series (fifth generation) | Fan Made Game Vehicles Wiki | Fandom
  3. 2014-2018 GM K2XX Silverado/Sierra body (to recreate previous generations of LTC Tornado | Fan Made Game Vehicles Wiki | Fandom