VMO's stuff (MODDING AGAIN!)

I’ve tried this, but doesn’t works.
Download the file and look if some part is wrong.

Thanks.

Release:

The door handle (custom Montes design):

vmohandle001.zip (52.1 KB)

Montes logo revised (only overwrite the files). No more “I can’t hold UVMesh”.
MontesNRing.zip (12.3 KB)

The camouflage pack 1 and a vent-headlight!:
vmo_camouflage_pack1.zip (77.7 KB)
Ventheadlight.zip (144 KB)

The Montes Grille and the Montes Matrix LaserLight headlight (is a vent, due the problems to make a 100% headlight).

Laserlight:
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=12403

[size=150]DOWNLOAD[/size]: vmovent002.zip (132 KB)

Montes Grille (custom design grille) ISN’T THE GRILLE SHOWED IN THE AMAGOSTA.
vmogrille009.zip (73.5 KB)

Canards preview:

Canards!

Looking Good! :slight_smile:

Canards released!
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=12436
[size=150]DOWNLOAD[/size]:vmocanard1.zip (83.8 KB)
I can’t make the thumbnail for the moment.

Handles 1.2 update (changelog: added THUMBNAILS). REPLACE THE FILES ONLY (IF YOU HAD PREVIOUS VERSIONS).
[size=150]DOWNLOAD[/size]:vmohandle001 (2).zip (70.2 KB)

Nice work VMO!
I put them in the vents folder.
Is there a better folder?, because I have to mirror L/R to get them right.
Wings doesn’t work, wants to put the canards in the middle of the car.

[quote=“ThomasD1962”]Nice work VMO!
I put them in the vents folder.
Is there a better folder?, because I have to mirror L/R to get them right.
Wings doesn’t work, wants to put the canards in the middle of the car.[/quote]

Yes. Vents is the correct folder. The mirror to get them right is a bug: I doesn’t oriented well the vent: I need to modify the 3d file and flip horizontally.

I posted in the page 19 the 2nd rev. of the handle (I forget in the rev.1 the thumbnails).

You sure that isn’t the first one? There’s only one handle in the lua file.
For the time being I’ll just keep my own files then… :wink:

[quote=“ThomasD1962”]

You sure that isn’t the first one? There’s only one handle in the lua file.
For the time being I’ll just keep my own files then… :wink:[/quote]

Here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5355&start=180#p66303

O.k. thanks!

How many triangles does you vent have?

It lags my game pretty badly when placing it, and I do not have that issue with any other fixture, so I suspect it has a very large amount of triangles.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]How many triangles does you vent have?

It lags my game pretty badly when placing it, and I do not have that issue with any other fixture, so I suspect it has a very large amount of triangles.[/quote]

Which vent?

Maximum 1080 polys in a one grille because with minor polys the grille doesn’r looks well.

[quote=“vmo”]

[quote=“trackpaduser”]How many triangles does you vent have?

It lags my game pretty badly when placing it, and I do not have that issue with any other fixture, so I suspect it has a very large amount of triangles.[/quote]

Which vent?

Maximum 1080 polys in a one grille because with minor polys the grille doesn’r looks well.[/quote]

This one: http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=12062

And you don’t need a ton of poly for stuff to look good. It’s a lot more about properly postioning your verts so you have detail were you need it. That and smoothing groups.

This fairly rounded car only has 1725 for example:

Edit: An other thing to add, triangle count should be about double your polygon count. If it’s significantly more than that, you probably have issues with your mesh.

This vent had 900 polys.

Moderator Edit: Please… don’t make a Full-Quote over you, and never ever again quote pics again, they clutter up the thread way too much. And there is no need to quote something thats just over you.

900 Polys… dude. You know that high-poly stuff makes the game lag as hell on slower machines?

There is a reason why you should limit the poly-count on vents or grilles to about 300… And if your grille looks rubbish with lower than 1000 polies, i would honestly think about getting better in 3D Modelling.
I am far from being as good as Kubboz or Trackpaduser, my stuff is far from perfect… but my grilles and vents look good with around 250 - 300 polies. And I can see so many Loops in your Vent to remove, while not altering its look.