VW Sugestions

I would like to make some VW Bug/Bus type cars, but the bodies that looks right don’t have a rear engine option. Please consider adding it.

Check your chassis type. Some types dont allow Rear engines

I tried the 2 smaller sedan bodies and the 2 van bodies all from 1948 with ladder and monocoque chassis, on 2020 year, and all have only front tranverse or longitudinal engines. Did I overlooked something?

The issue is the body you have likely chosen (as it looks most beetle like at a glance) does not support a rear engine.

If you open the “engine position” filter on the right and deselect “front” you’ll have an exhaustive list of all the bodies in game that you can put a mid or rear engine into… keep in mind currently ladder frames also disable rear engines, this was not always the case and such limitation may be removed in future when the issues it was causing are addressed.

While the IRL beetle started production pretty early on, I strongly recommend selecting 1951 or later so you have access to Moncoque Chassis. The 1946 “40’sRearEngCoupe”, although the real VW beetles had a 2.4m wheelbase rather than 2.1m and the coupe’s slightly longer nose, as it has (realistically for a beetle) extremely low drag. You can now even make an accurate boxer… although a watercooled one, which means its easy to end up with too much power\weight if you match displacements rather than outputs.

There is not a realistic chassis alternative for the beetle either, the body was bolted to the floorpan that was the supporting structure, not a ladder chassis built out of beams and definitely not a monocoque…

Thanks for the help. I will try again