Wassy4's Car Designs

Flagged for deletion

3 Likes

Hmm, expanding from drugs, robbery, and extortion I see.

4 Likes

Your first two designs are a promising start. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Having seen your next two designs, I am sure that you have a knack for designing attractive cars - the 2000FR in particular, with its clean and uncluttered lines, reminds me of early 90s Japanese sports coupes such as the S13/S14 Silvia. And the Bravo GT looks quite nice too, with clear echoes of a Jag XJ or Aston DB9 from the mid-2000s.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Hey there, Wassy4. Only just found your thread, but I’m honestly impressed with your work here. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

From this point forward, performance figures like 1/4 mile and lap times will be eliminated for cars that aren’t geared towards performance.

2 Likes

1990 Bravo Nightingale

Overview

Riding on the success of the Nomad, Bravo came out with the Nightingale. Based off the Nomad, but with an updated chassis, engine, and interior, the Nightingale was as capable off-road as it was on the way to the grocery store.

Technical Specifications

Body, Chassis, & Suspension:

• Configuration: Front-engined, four-wheel drive
  • Panel Material: Aluminum
  • Chassis Type: Monocoque
  • Chassis Material: Corrosion Rest. Steel
  • Front Suspension: Double Wishbone
  • Rear Suspension: Solid Axle Coil

Powertrain:

• Engine: B8 Type 2
  • Gearbox: 5-speed manual

Performance

• Curb weight: 3,438lbs
  • HP: 180@5400rpm
  • Torque (lb/ft): 240@2300rpm
  • Redline: 5000rpm
  • Top Speed: 113mph
  • 0-62mph: 8.35s
  • 62-0mph: 121ft
  • Economy: 12.4mpg

Photos

3 Likes

The Nightingale is a bit odd. For an early 90s car, its use of weight-saving aluminum panels is unusual; however, even though it uses a unibody construction, it has double-wishbone front suspension. On an SUV such as this, a strut front would be a better choice if you actually want to go off-road but can’t stand the excess weight of a separate chassis. Still, it looks quite nice from any angle. The biggest concern, however, is 180 bhp and 12.4 mpg. Even in 1990, this would have been seen as inadequate, but at least it’s more frugal than the Nomad. Nevertheless, given time, the engineering and design standards of your cars should improve, hopefully leading to a range of more desirable models.

140 bhp in a small, light front-driver would have been quite a lot in 1995, but a five- or six-speed gearbox would have been more appropriate. Also, the SC-C would look better from the rear aspect with smaller exhaust pipes and no grille on the rear bumper.

1 Like

I do agree about the exhaust pipes. The original design had normal exhaust pipes and no grille but I wanted to go for something kind of wacky. I also agree on the power but it’s just a one-off concept car so it’s not like it would’ve been driven. More of a show for things to come.

As for the Bravo Mk.1, it looks period-accurate, but it could be improved by using a monocoque chassis and a strut front/semi-trailing arm rear - I’m assuming that this combination is actually possible in 1955. Nevertheless, it’s a more convincing classic car than I thought it would be.

1 Like

Strut wasn’t available :confused:

I also thought that monocoque wasn’t widely used until the 60s, so give me a history lesson if I’m wrong

It turns out that the strut front/semi trailing arm rear I was talking about is only possible if a monocoque chassis is being used when constructing a front-engined car, and indeed such a configuration is possible in 1955. Double wishbones are mandatory with a ladder chassis, though. Also, for the sake of environmental resistance, the Bravo would have been better off with a galvanized steel chassis.

1 Like

1965 Iris Clover

Overview

Bravo Motors launched its first subsidiary, Iris Performance Cars Inc. in 1963. Iris was a way for Bravo to stray from its famously heavy luxury cars and make lightweight, performance-oriented cars. The Clover was the first of many Iris models and a testament to the philosophy of “lightness over power”.

Technical Specifications

• Configuration: Front-engined, rear-wheel drive
  • Chassis Material: Galvanized Steel
  • Rear Suspension: Double Wishbone

Powertrain:

• Engine: “Clover” V8 (2.7L)
  • Gearbox: 4-speed manual

Performance

• Curb weight: 2,200lbs
  • HP: 195@7300rpm
  • Torque (lb/ft): 150@5700rpm
  • Redline:8000rpm
  • Top Speed: 133mph
  • 0-62mph: 7.26s
  • 62-0mph: 114ft
  • Lap Time (Automation Test Track): 2:33.66
1 Like

1975 Yugen 2000FR Base

Overview

The first generation of the 2000FR, this car was Yugen’s first affordable sports car. The base trim packed the brand new 4A8-NA motor which had 135hp and 125tq from the factory.

Technical Specifications

• Panel Material: Steel
  • Front Suspension: MacPherson Strut
  • Rear Suspension: Semi-trailing Arm

Powertrain:

• Engine: 4A8-NA
  • Gearbox: 4-speed manual

Performance

• Curb weight: 2,152lbs
  • HP: 135@6200rpm
  • Torque (lb/ft): 125@4300rpm
  • Redline:7000rpm
  • Top Speed: 118mph
  • 0-62mph: 7.86s
  • 62-0mph: 110ft
  • Lap Time (Automation Test Track): 2:38.37

1975 Yugen 2000FR Sport

Overview

The top-of-the-line sport trim featured the 4A16-NA engine, a sport suspension, and an upgraded interior.

Technical Specifications

• Panel Material: Steel
  • Front Suspension: MacPherson Strut
  • Rear Suspension: Semi-trailing Arm

Powertrain:

• Engine: 4A16-NA
  • Gearbox: 5-speed manual

Performance

• Curb weight: 2,189lbs
  • HP: 190@6600
  • Torque (lb/ft): 160@5600rpm
  • Redline:7000rpm
  • Top Speed: 128mph
  • 0-62mph: 6.78s
  • 62-0mph: 107ft
  • Lap Time (Automation Test Track): 2:31.73
4 Likes

So far this is the best use I’ve seen of the new bodies in the updated UE4 version. I hope it gets better from here…

1 Like

Thanks man!

2002 Iris Clover 520

Overview

Iris resurrected the Clover name in 2002 with the release of the Clover 520. The 520 was a spectacular performer but was one of the more controversial cars of the period because of its unconventional design choices (primarily the rear fascia).

Technical Specifications

• Configuration: Mid-engined, rear-wheel drive
  • Chassis Material: Carbon Fiber
  • Rear Suspension: Double Wishbone

Powertrain:

• Engine: “Clover” 5.0L V10
  • Gearbox: 6-speed DCT

Performance

• Curb weight: 3,040lbs
  • HP: 520@7600rpm
  • Torque (lb/ft): 400@4800rpm
  • Redline: 8000rpm
  • Top Speed: 203mph
  • 0-62mph: 3.2s
  • 1/4 mile: 10.98s
  • 62-0mph: 94ft
  • 20m Cornering Gs: 1.11g
  • 200m Cornering Gs: 1.04g
  • Lap Time (Automation Test Track): 2:07.54
1 Like

The rear confuses me. There’s so much unused space there, and you’ve put exhausts on the sides (which is hugely impractical in an MR car), which means you got pretty much nothing to fill that space with.

1 Like

For the most part the Clover line looks nice, but I would prefer moving the exhaust pipes to the rear fascia and add a few small vents there, just so that it doesn’t look too bland.