Weird, Bad and Ugly Cars

Tbh the worst design crime Toyota does is their badges on hybrid models (and basically all toyotas sold are hybrids anyway where i live at least cause they’re only driven by old people who get swindled by car salesmen)

But why do they put the blue hue on it? It looks like a cheap sticker! Toyotas aren’t cheap cars so why do they have to put those blue “glow” stickers on it when it’s so bad AAAAAHHH

2 Likes

WTH? The Toyota GT2000 happens to be one hell of a beautiful and sought after classic sports car from the land of the rising sun that doesn’t belong here anyways.

That was in response to this I believe

1 Like

That was my point - it’s a gorgeous car :laughing: it was a response to empire.

And now this makes me heavily suspicious that you’re either trolling or you don’t know what Toyota is. Either way I don’t really feel like starting a flamewar so I’ll just pretend you didn’t say any of that and move on.

1 Like

The other criticisms by other posters about the cheap badge sticker and clear lights, totally justified, they look a bit pish. Uneducated abuse of 2000GT will not be tolerated however @EmpireAutomotive, proceed to the naughty corner at once. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway on a serious note, it’s already been mentioned I think but I’ve been behind a certain variant of the Fiat Doblo/Vauxhall Combo a few times recently and I do wonder what they’ve done with the high roof version.

Standard one for comparison:

mw8_4955_0_0

The high roof one looks like something they’d whack together on Top Gear, I get that it’s serving a purpose but you’d think they’d have smoothed over the bit where they’ve just stuck a massive box in a hole at the back.

10 Likes

I think that’s precisely what they did, unironically. It’s going to take me so much effort to explain how unironic I’m being that it might start going full circle and I start looking like I’m being ironically earnest about how unironic I want to be.

4 Likes

Creative and unique design, everyone

7 Likes

Pretty much all the VW recent models look the same, with only the body changing… Same grilles, same lights :confused:

Have you ever heard of something called corporate design/identity?

1 Like

BMW and Volvo are good about that, making the cars similar and unique to other companies but I will admit as much as I love my VWs they make just bland cars that could be any companies

1 Like

Maybe more like corporate hegemony amirite hahahahaha

Disclaimer: will buy a car that is different just to be different

2 Likes

USDM lamborghini countach

What did they do to you.

4 Likes

Americuh needz saef kars.

5 Likes

Safety regulations.

Poor E21 :sob:

1 Like

5-mph-bumpers have ruined too many cars. Same with sealed beam light regulations.

America: ruining cars since… whenever it is they started stupid regulations.

1 Like

US laws had a pretty bad effect on the Maserati Khamsin

vs the beautiful original version

4 Likes

OH GOD NOT THE KHAMSIN

1 Like

If there is a silver lining, once they’re legal, you can just convert them back to the euro spec parts by ordering them overseas. Especially nowadays with global online shopping.

1 Like

The bumper can be overlooked a bit, but those lights… heresy!