Weird, Bad and Ugly Cars

Nah man. 4th gen F-Body is best Camaro

3 Likes

Sorry.

Gabatron

I’m back to ranting on this thread again but does anybody else find it a bit strange how VAG seems to be shifting Seat into being the cheap brand and Škoda to being a Volkswagen alternative rather than being the cheap brand? Some Škoda models are already more expensive than Volkswagen equivalents in some markets and with the introduction of the latest Kodiaq, Superb and Especially the pretty stylish Scala certainly more premium feeling than the VW equivalents which with models such as the T-Roc and UP! have significantly lowered the quality of the materials used compared to previous VWs. (Note, I’m comparing the UP! to the pre-facelift model and the T-Roc to cheaper older models such as the Golf or Polo)

^ Škoda Scala for reference

Volkswagens style hasn’t shifted much beyond getting some pan-VAG features such as lightbars and expensive optional kit for some models, but Seat seems to have gone down the cheap route in style as well while Škodas have started to look more expensive (this part is mostly just my opinion, comparing for example the fronts of the Ateca and Kodiaq)

But maybe this is a conscious shift due to changes in public perception? For example, in Finland Škoda’s have become respectable and pretty desirable and they probably have the best residual values out of any brand. An Octavia runs from around 22K to 45K whereas a Golf runs from around 21K to 41K, mid-range models being around 35K and 30K respectively. I’d imagine since the Scala will follow the trend of moving upmarket with the other recent new models, it will be even higher priced than the Octavia.

6 Likes

I don’t know much about VAG Europe and brand history and current events and stuff, but it sounds like VAG is going through a case of General-Motors-itis. Having too many brands that share stuff and not knowing how to manage it, so it ends up turning into a big dysfunctional family. Am I wrong?

2 Likes

Seat is the “sporty” and mediterranean brand of the group, according with VAG.

1 Like

Surprised the Morgan Aero 8 isn’t here, considering its weird headlight placement

3 Likes

Because it’s unrespectfull to talk bad about ancients that are still alive.

6 Likes

Has the VehiCROSS been put here yet? I find it so disproportional… No disrespect towards it though. I like the Pontiac Aztek so I can’t say much.

6 Likes

AWS Shopper, based on the Goggomobil, built in West Berlin, around 1500 built.

1 Like

That one’s actually a really cool car that deserves a serious power upgrade in the form of…

That concaved front end sheetmetal needs to be FIXED ASAP so those front headlights look normal.

2 Likes

It was just a matter of moving the headlights outwards. There’s already a shape there that could make the headlight flow, but no, they HAD to take the weird approach. Also, rarelly something becomes worse with this upgrade under the hood.

1 Like

Aztek is question of choise. I’ve seen it in real life and it’s pretty funny car. (I think so, anyway)

3 Likes

Has anyone posted the Avalon here yet

M Ä X Ï M Ü M C Ö Ö L Ï N G

7 Likes

A I R
S U C C

3 Likes

The A I R S U C C looks good IMO, especially in the luxury models :joy:

3 Likes

This forum needs a downvote button, at least Reddit got something right

B I G S U C C is certainly the way stylists are choosing to do cars right now and it doesn’t by itself look bad but the way the Avalon has executed it is AWFUL!

They took some unrelated shapes and jammed them together. And then its just fucking blacked-out with absolutely nothing it. And they tried to put lines dark vertical lines into like they were trying to do some line work but the design is horizontally oriented. And they broke all the lines that the headlights, hood, and body form. AND its horribly disproportionate.

You know what? Hold my beer and let me fix this shit!

Fix #1

Fix #2

Fix #3

Fix #4

And this is just what I could come up with in about 20 minutes. I have no earthly fucking inkling of a shred of a minuscule iota of a clue how the hell Toyota’s stylists have had years to produce this design and at no point during those years did somebody look at it and go “Hey this basically violates all rules of composition and design.”

Anyways /rant. And sorry for rather bad shoops but I refuse to put more effort into this than Toyota did :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Tbh I prefer the original vs. all but Fix #2, Fix #3 looks specifically bad.

But hey, you whipped 'em up in photoshop in 20 minutes so I should cut you some slack :b

But 2 and 3 look like gigantic smiles, so it’s all friendly and stuff…

I’ll ignore the fact that y’all are being a little unnecessarily rude towards my opinion because it isn’t what everyone else thinks… I like the original with the big grille, but I gotta say #4 should be the way it looked from the get go. It reminds me of the Toyota Crown grille which I love.

And I absolutely love this car :man_shrugging:

4 Likes