What are we working on right now? [17 December 2015]

What are we working on right now?

For the next release we are working on the following:
[ul]]Factories - Engineering, tooling, etc./:m]
]New Chassis type/:m]
]Exporter tool/*:m]
]V12 Turbos/:m][/ul]

[size=85]*No guarantee of release, only looking at the potential options.[/size]

Subproject starting!

What’s next?
Factory aspects.

Time of release?
N/A

Current Videos

Project Overview

3 Likes

Excellent - funnily enough, I requested this in reply to a video on youtube (coincidence? :wink:)

I think this is a great short term list, a rough eta would be great too (a month, 2 months, quarter) - definitely no dates though, as anyone who has worked on releases knows that dates change and people can’t handle that :slight_smile:

It would be also good at a later date to put in what your ‘set in stone’ ideas are for the long term, or even what you hope to have in place by launch. - Just found this link, so maybe adding this here would be useful? - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137

I love the videos you make, the detail you go into on there is just right to show off what’s coming up and linking them to this thread makes great sense.

Other than that, this is just what I was hoping for - thank you =)

I’ll look into the rough ETA part :slight_smile: The post should be updated soon with further information regarding what we’ll work on after this has been completed.

To the videos part, I’m sure “you” was a mistype of Robert (Killrob). He’s the “Legendary Voice” behind all the Dev Update videos. I’m merely here just to implement things that the Dev team don’t do because they’re “busy testing” the game ;D

It was a collective ‘you’ as in - the team, but nice shout out for Robert :slight_smile:

I find it annoying that this forum software doesn’t allow a thumbs up or thanks button.

Anyways, The post has been updated with a few more pieces of information. I hope it helped!

I´m looking forward to full game!

Will it be possible to draw the interiors, and set of a list of equipment for the models?

Sounds good, but will diesel engines/hybrid engines eventually be available to design and put in cars?

1 Like

They’re questions for the “developer questions” forum.

[quote=“8bs”]I´m looking forward to full game!

Will it be possible to draw the interiors, and set of a list of equipment for the models?[/quote]

Sort of. The Dev’s have planned to implement a few choices for the interior, but nothing specific, so I wouldn’t have high hopes for choosing a navigation system with Oxford leather and heated seats, etc. But basic choices like 2 or 4 seats, etc. Could be implemented in the future.

Killrob edit below should now answer the question.

Hybrid engines are a different story. If they do get implemented, it’ll probably be near the end of game development, if not after, as DLC/an update. That’s if they ever do get implemented though.

Killrob Edit: Diesels will definitely NOT be part of the full game release. We are considering it for an expansion though.

I know this is developed by A European company and as stated above they plan to implement Diesel engines, but are they planning on incorporating the heavy duty trucks, such as dodge 3500 ford f-series and so on. It would be nice to see that since that is a big part of the American car economy, and they could add features such as towing rating and all that. But just the game itself in current state I have fun making random engines and supping them up, please keep up the great work I really want to see this succeed!

1 Like

There should be trucks like that yeah, but Diesels are a while off, also we’re an Australian company (besides Rob) :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply keep up the great work!

Diesel engines would be awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

please not I haven’t seen the lil’ dev update yet
For the brakes will we get to choose brand names like brembo?

Highly doubt it as the guys don’t want to be sued!

I hope not.

I’d just like to point out the “monocoque” body in the current builder is more like a frame or “platform frame” used in the 50s and 60s. Monocoque and Unibody are essentially the same thing:

Well you are correct that monocoque “chassis” is more than what we see in the platform designer when you select the chassis, but that’s because the rest looks very different depending on what body you choose. So therefor the game can’t show you the whole thing at that point (also much more art work) :wink:

Also platform chassis where is use until at least 2003 :wink:

[quote=“T16”]

Well you are correct that monocoque “chassis” is more than what we see in the platform designer when you select the chassis, but that’s because the rest looks very different depending on what body you choose. So therefor the game can’t show you the whole thing at that point (also much more art work) :wink:

Also platform chassis where is use until at least 2003 :wink:[/quote]

Who was using platform chassis in 2003?! :open_mouth:

Also wondering which engine types are coming next and how close they are to completion. Dying to build some V6 engines.

There wont be any new engines for a while because the devs are concentrating on the car designer, and i believe that they said that once the car designer is more complete they will start on the tycoon aspect of the game. However, they have said that the V6 is likely to be the first engine that they work on once they resume work on the engine designer since it is the most common engine that has yet to be done