What are we working on right now? [17 December 2015]

Yes, thank you, sorry it wasn’t showing up at first. Thanks for all the hard work!

I don’t know why, but it’s not showing up for me, the latest changelog is for build 1196… It’s not really much of a big deal, but I just wanted to mention it. :slight_smile:

Never mind, the latest changelog is here! :stuck_out_tongue:

Where can we find the little dev video or whatever? I seem to have great difficulty finding the latest updates other than the “what we’re working on right now” thread.

Just subscribe to our YouTube channel, youtube.com/user/AutomationGame
That keeps you updated.

You’ll find all the news on the official Automation Youtube channel. You don’t even search through the forums, just look into the channel and on the Automation Facebook page (no registration required) from time to time.

[quote=“Killrob”]

Just subscribe to our YouTube channel, youtube.com/user/AutomationGame
That keeps you updated.[/quote]

excellent

Hello Sir,

when do the next update will be released? i am really impatient and very curious about it.
At this point, the game is really exiting.

greetings from germany

Martin

[quote=“Behaviour”]Hello Sir,

when do the next update will be released? i am really impatient and very curious about it.

greetings from germany

Martin[/quote]

No one can say for sure, but it will be within 1-3 months. Believe me, waiting is worth it.

greetings from germany

Martin[/quote]

Every time someone’s asking about release date, new update will come one day later :laughing:

greetings from germany

Martin[/quote]

Ahem.

[quote=“UltimateBMWfan”]I’ve noticed a bunch of questions regarding updates lately, and realized you all are kinda left in the dark about what we’re working on until a bit before the next update release. I decided to create this thread to update you all on what we’re working on and what you guys should expect. Now, people don’t need to ask the same question multiple times, and we can direct others to this thread.

What are we working on right now?

For the next release we are working on the following:
[ul]] New Game- & UI-Sounds/:m]
] Car Designer Scenarios!/:m]
] New Car Stats: Reliability, Costs, Manhours, Cargo Space, Utility, Environmental Resists/:m]
] Suspension Easy Mode/:m]
] First Mid-Engined Cars/:m]
] Rim Offset & Better Ride Height/:m][/ul]

Just started.

What’s next?
Implement new sounds, come up with scenarios, fix up the current open beta for release.

Estimated time of release?
June, July.[/quote]

:wink:

In the next release will you Automatic Transmissions be included too?

As for better ride height will it now be visual? As in when we adjust ride height will we see it affect our cars?

Lastly just curious when will you guys implement cost? As in when can we choose cost for our car or will that no be until the tycoon stage?

In the latest Little Dev Update videos, there are additional gearbox options visible in the menu, though I’m not sure if they’ll be ready for the next release.

Ride height won’t be visual yet, but the calculations are better, and the way that they affect the cars performance is being improved as well (I think, a Dev can confirm?)

And costs will be implemented in the next release, along with some other stats such as man hours, reliability (formerly MTBF), cabin space, and passenger capacity among others.

If you want to gain a better insight as to how the development work is getting on, check out the AutomationGame YouTube channel, where Killrob showcases the progress being made towards the next big update. Also you should take a look at the Devstream, there Daffy livestreams any development work he is working on at that given time. He updates the Livestream Announcement thread each time he goes live.

Aw ok cool thanks

Oh 2 more questions.

1. Can you guys include maybe one or two SUV or Pick up bodies in the next update? please?
  2. With SUV’s & Pickups will you guys also have a solid front axel or trailing arm? ATM there’s only 2 front suspension types. Will you add more? Like leafs?

How about McPherson rear suspension? Used on Porsche Boxter and Cayman, also on later Mitzu Lancer Evo.

While everyone is on a question streak, let me come with one too: When will the first pickup and vans be available??

(AFAIK), there will be no Van/Pickup bodies in the next release.

Shame that. Can’t wait to see some bodies besides sedans and compacts

That sucks… I’d also loved to see some variation in the carbodies.

It’ll come, but more core features first.