Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

What are we working on right now? [17 December 2015]

Well, you know the subproject overview, and you get the Little Dev Updates that tell you how far we’ve come so far. From that you can extrapolate an approximate release, probably with the same accuracy (or lack thereof) as we can. :wink:

Of course I could! But I’d rather not give false hope or predict wrongly :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the effort getting put into the development, it’s just that…The anticipation for anything tycoon is making my brains want to explode…

POOF!.. darn it there goes another brain cell!

Arg…

Be careful, there’s a fine line between being too excited and too stupid to play the game well, or not excited enough! :laughing: We’re here to help with your automation anxiety needs!

poof Argh!

I am fine with interior trim as they are. I dont need to see it, as long as you can define levels of trim and they effect prestige, etc, I am good with that.

Light trucks and vans would be nice in the tycoon version.

Otherwise, keep up the good work on such a daunting project!

How do I get the beta version?

Well, to put it simply, you don’t. You need to be picked as a beta tester for access to the closed beta. However, whenever an open beta is release, it can be downloaded from the appropriate thread.

well that sucks…I was hoping to be envolved

There may be one more beta selection, so keep an eye out for that.

From what I understand, there will be one more small tester selection when we start work on the tycoon part, as this is arguably the most important area of the game, so stick around for that! :slight_smile:

True that, there will be more tester selections to come, but then again, this is not something for everyone, as we don’t run a FAAAN beta. :slight_smile:
Most likely we’ll have an extended testing phase to get things onto Steam where we accept a few new testers too. That would be in ~2 months time.

Thats good to hear. I kind of ignored the forums for a few weeks and then found that the beta selection process had been and gone, which i was really hoping to be a part of (and i only have myself to blame for missing it)

Will we be able to drive our own cars

Please, before you go asking questions like this, take half a minute to look around, and find that you will almost certainly never be able to drive our cars. Also, consider using the search function next time. It is there for a reason.

[quote=“three7s”]I love the effort getting put into the development, it’s just that…The anticipation for anything tycoon is making my brains want to explode…

POOF!.. darn it there goes another brain cell!

Arg…[/quote]

This morning I forgot something and I can’t remember what it was…

They’ve said before that trucks (utes) are probably coming. It’s only a matter of time now that ladder frames are in.

Light duty trucks only though. Do not expect an F-650 stripped cab to be put in.

This page needs to be updated more frequently. It’d be nice to see what you’re working on and what you’ve done weekly. I care because I’ve pre-purchased the game, and it’s difficult to keep up with what you guys are doing and what stage your at for each build.

Thanks

Well, to tide you over until this post gets a much needed update:

We have recently began moving the game towards Steam implementation, with a build pretty much working in Steam already. Also, a few more features have been added, including a completely new platform/model flow, where everything is saved as you work, so you don’t lose anything if the game crashes.

A new RGB colour picker has been added, so you can have virtually any colour you want on your car, and there may be a possibility of having different kinds of paint, for example, metallic, iridescent etc… But that will probably come when the game switches to a different, more modern game engine (either Unity or Unreal Engine 4). This will also yield a huge increase in fps on slower PCs, and much better shader capabilities, meaning a much nicer-looking game (See Daffy’s post on Facebook for a preview of what UE4 can do: facebook.com/AutomationGame … 6003015118).

Along with some new bodies and community-made fixtures, the game is well on it’s way to Steam Early Access, expect the game to be on Steam EA at around Christmas time!

[quote=“Pleb”]Well, to tide you over until this post gets a much needed update:

We have recently began moving the game towards Steam implementation, with a build pretty much working in Steam already. Also, a few more features have been added, including a completely new platform/model flow, where everything is saved as you work, so you don’t lose anything if the game crashes.

A new RGB colour picker has been added, so you can have virtually any colour you want on your car, and there may be a possibility of having different kinds of paint, for example, metallic, iridescent etc… But that will probably come when the game switches to a different, more modern game engine (either Unity or Unreal Engine 4). This will also yield a huge increase in fps on slower PCs, and much better shader capabilities, meaning a much nicer-looking game (See Daffy’s post on Facebook for a preview of what UE4 can do: facebook.com/AutomationGame … 6003015118).

Along with some new bodies and community-made fixtures, the game is well on it’s way to Steam Early Access, expect the game to be on Steam EA at around Christmas time![/quote]

All good news, and I’m happy to hear it. Since I’ve recently switched to using Ubuntu Linux, I wonder if you’ll be eventually making official WinXX / MacOS / LinuxOS compatibility. That would best eventually for obvious reasons. :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!