What are you listening to right now?

Café Quijano - Cerrando bares

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

it is illegal to sleep on this bop :triumph:

4 Likes

Im very late, but i found tool in a plug.dj session and i went like WOW, and then i thought it will never get a return, and then they released a album that is just fucking amazing(and i was really proud that it hit #1 in Bilboard 100)

btw
right now im listening to JUNIUS
what a great band

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

That one time where the cover is so damn good even the original artist admits he prefers the cover version

1 Like

I mean, Sabaton version of For Whom The Bell Tolls is way better than Metallica

Thats true I guess, but you should read about Bob Dylan’s reaction to Jimi Hendrix’s cover:

“It overwhelmed me, really. He had such talent, he could find things inside a song and vigorously develop them. He found things that other people wouldn’t think of finding in there. He probably improved upon it by the spaces he was using. I took license with the song from his version, actually, and continue to do it to this day.” In the booklet accompanying his Biograph album, Dylan said: “I liked Jimi Hendrix’s record of this and ever since he died I’ve been doing it that way … Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it’s a tribute to him in some kind of way.”

So is time to post covers you find better than original songs?
there is two covers that i love:

Perfect Circle - Imagine:

Ghost - Here comes the sun:

Alestorm - Hangover:

(man, this just fits sooooooooo nicely)

extra:

I dont like that much this one, but i think its a nice rereading
2 Likes

Metal fans let’s make this the best thread

I swear I’ve heard this before somewhere. Like really.

4 Likes