Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

World Series Tourers - 2015 Season (SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 25TH JULY)

EDIT 7 - THIS CHALLENGE IS REINSTATED. Following an amount of time developing and working hard to make the challenge worthy of the “world series” name. Now dates will be confirmed and a tracklist sent out! Best of luck to all of you!

Its approaching that time again where we will be racing again around the world, but first we must address the new ruleset coming in for this season. Cars must be homologated to the World Authoritiy for Motorosport (WAM) Regulations, and an example of both of the road car and touring car must be sent to the technical inspection office.

Below is a link to the regulations. Please read through this and supply both a Road Car and Touring Car the technical office.

WAM WST Homologation

Once your car has been homologated it will appear in the list linked below
Those who wish to enter as a customer team please skip this step

Homologation List

After that, please enter the drivers for your team into the series using the link below

2015 Entry Form

Below is the season calendar. Please plan around this timetable

• March 15th - Brands Hatch GP
  • April 26th - Fuji Raceway
  • May 17th - Autodromo Nationale Monza
  • June 7th - Red Bull Ring
  • July 12th - Bahrain International
  • August 16th - Sebring International Raceway

EDIT - Send me your cars via DM, with this layout
Road car - “Download link”
Touring car - “Download link”
Manufacturer No. - (As produced by the Car Company Directory)

EDIT 2 - Increasing production units for road car to 100, and decreasing production untis for the touring car to 150% of the road car PU

EDIT 3 - Added PU For the Touring Car engine (cause I’m a doof and didn’t realise trim and engine PU are different) PU limit for the engine is 80.

EDIT 4 - MPG is now specified as UK MPG

EDIT 6 - MULTIPLE CLARIFICATIONS

• Engine must be placed in the front
  • individual limits for Twin and Single turbo charging systems
  • Additional restrictions to the rear wing
  • Introduction of the reliability test

EDIT 8 - Added weight class codes

EDIT 9 - Extended deadline

EDIT 10 - Multiple Clarifications on tyres and Production units

EDIT 11 - Clarification on the use of Adaptive Dampers

EDIT 12 - Clarification on the touring car bodies and chassis.

The Homologation No. will be your company code + the submission date and the time the homologation was granted.

The submissions for cars will close on the 25th July, and Privateer team entries close on the 26th July. From then there will be a round every other day until every one of the 6 rounds is complete.

FAAL (Fabrique d'Automobiles d'Alsace-Lorraine) - 1981-1986: AWD and Group B tales

This is one of those challenges where my lore haven’t caught up yet but it just looks so appealing I can’t not participate.

Is production unit <50 for the trim or overall? Because I’m struggling to get the trim under 120!

NM, I think I know the problem

That should have been 70

Are their upper limits on trim ET and/or price? Or does this challenge not need either of them?

What’s not there isn’t needed

(No , I don’t participate , sorry for that stupid question)
So high-flow catalytic converter isn’t allowed , and for example Civic Type-R EK9 1.6 N/A also are not allowed. Sorry for my bad english.

Three way, high or regular flow, are allowed. And it’s turbocharged engines only.

Is there a specific naming system?

Nope. When I put them in I’ll tag the names myself using my own system. Thanks for the question tho

Sorry to bother you one more time, but I find the turbo size is extremely restrictive. Is this realistic?

I got 513hp with the turbos. It’s not actually that restrictive if you tune well.

Edit: Up to 522 now :stuck_out_tongue:

That explains why I can’t manage to break 275.

If you are good at tune you should break 600hp/per liter or idk.

With these limitations that would be seriously impressive. Although I do think I can squeeze a little more power out of my engine

I’ve got 360bhp and I’m not the best. IT’s certainly possible to get some silly power, but I’ll leave it to you lot to figure out how.

Just so you know, the engine regulations HEAVILY favor V6 engines, as they have twin turbos, so 2x 40/40mm. With larger turbine and compressor single turbos (I3, I4, I6) can be competitive as well.

I’ve been considering what I can do to the twin turbo setup to alleviate this. I’m thinking of throwing in a smaller restriction for Twin Turbo’s but I’d need to do some testing before I do that.

To be honest, I think the lag will balance things out. On shorter circuits, despite my 522hp, there’s so much lag that the turbos can’t spool up properly.

Anti-lag when plz

I just tried a V6 and managed 460 hp.

Sidenote: is 600 hp/L possible in Automation? At least without being really peaky?

Edit: I’d also like to ask if the RPM limit could be bumped up to, oh, I don’t know, 10,000. My engine hits peak power at 8300 but still pulls hard up to 10,500. (If I really wanted it can do 11,300 w/o valve float but power falls off a cliff after 10,600.

Just hit 500 HP with some, uh, quality strats.