Would you rather drive this or that?

To address 340i vs stinger: 340 HAS A STICK OPTION!!! STINGER DOESN’T!!!

also a bit of a bmw fanboy tho

stinger looks better from the front, but looks deformed in the back

-911. More sporty than the 488. And I think that is a better quality product. And the 4.0 NA H6, if course.

-MR2. I love the MX5, bit sorry, Lotus chassis.

-F150. I prefer Ford than FCA.

-Stinger GT. Sporty design, mainly.

-RX7: I’m a rotary fanboy, plus that I’m restoring 3 FC’s, and that’s an extra point.

• Ferrari 488 because of the badge

• Toyota MR2 because of the mid-engine layout. If I’m going to buy an Miata, it’s gotta be NA. If I’m going to buy an NB, it’s gotta be the factory turbocharged MazdaSPEED version.

• Dodge Ram because of the styling.

• BMW 340i because of the available manual gearbox.

• RX-7 because triangle power.

Porsche 911. I’m a sucker for 911s, and that’s the best of the lot.

MX5. Probably a better driving car than the MR2 (which can be scary at the limit, whereas the Miata isn’t), and I just love the look of the NB.

F150. Better engine options than the RAM, plus it wasn’t built by idiots and I won’t look like an illiterate sisterfucker owning one.

Stinger. Because I am so done with BMW these days.

Porsche 944. Because they’re surprisingly bulletproof, great to drive and they don’t get fuel economy more akin to a V12-powered supercar.

My choices:

911 GT3 RS (991.2) - Naturally aspirated performance cars are a dying breed these days; if this is the last non-turbo 911 then it’s a wonderful way to go out.

MX-5 NB - Unlike the MR2 Spyder, it was offered in turbocharged form in some markets, and is much more practical to boot.

Ram 1500 - It’s a newer truck, and looks better to boot (at least in my opinion).

Stinger GT - Feels less anesthetized and more like a Euro sports sedan than its rivals, despite being South Korean.

RX-7 FC - Makes a 944 feel somewhat conventional by comparison. Nobody else was (or will ever be) able to fully exploit the potential of a rotary engine like Mazda did.

1 Like

For the MX5, it’s an NBFL 1.8 (or 1.6 whatever, on the photo it’s an 1.8), not a Mazdaspeed which costs more, then the dilemma doesn’t have sense anymore :slight_smile:

Sporty Midsize Sedan for ~$30,000 USD

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T

2018 Chevy Malibu Premier 2.0T

2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5T

2018 VW Passat V6 GT

2018 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T

• 2018 Honda Accord
  • 2018 Chevy Malibu
  • 2018 Mazda 6
  • 2018 VW Passat
  • 2018 Hyundai Sonata

0 voters

2 Likes

Definitely the updated 6. It drives as good as it looks, as has been the case before; however, the new turbo engine adds a welcome dose of thrust when you need it the most.

Hmm…I really don’t get the huge chrome neanderthal brow on newer Accords :thinking:

1 Like

VW Passat

2019 Ford Fusion

• VW Passat
  • Fusion

0 voters

I have to go with the Accord actually. As much as I like the 6 the turbo motor doesn’t come with a manual transmission while the Accord does. And it has more power, it has more tuning potential, and no one would expect an Accord to be fast.

@conan the accord only has 2 more horsepower and the mazda 6 has ALOT more torque by 37 lb-ft

2 more horsepower is still more horsepower. And don’t forget it’s basically a Type R motor which already has a lot of aftermarket improvements available.

@Fayeding_Spray did you intentionally mix up the 944 and the FC to see if you could confuse anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

nooooooooooooo

I’d go with a Fusion/Mondeo instead of a Passat. Six years after its debut, the Fusion still looks nice, while the Passat seems a little staid in comparison.

A Mondeo ST-Line :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

@Holts Wait why does the Passat look like that in the US if it’s looked like this in Europe since like three years ago

US spec:

EU spec:

3 Likes

-Mazda 6: it looks awesome, and the MY19 update, it improves a lot the interior. And is very nice to drive.

-Ford Fusion (Mondeo in Europe). I hate VW.

Mazda 6 because of how amazing the thing is built, the engine and the looks, and better reliability and handling.

VW Passat because V6… I would rather have a slower V6 over a 4-cylinder Turbo because of the sound, reliability and feel.

Also how is it decided when we can make a poll?

You have to chose only one premium car for late 2018, Baguette VS Kartoffel

• Talisman
  • Arteon
  • A4

0 voters

1 Like