Would you rather drive this or that?

Jag definitely. Looks much better, is a Jag, doesn’t have a monitor glued into the dashboard, isn’t a bus and has less of that “oh, so you’re a fan of electric cars?” image.

But I’d choose “sell the more expensive one and buy something actually nice instead” if there was such answer in the poll :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, my idea…

VW Arteon

Audi A5 Sportback

• VW Arteon
  • Audi A5 Sportback

0 voters

1 Like

Screw VAG in general but out of the two anything but an Audi

720s

488 pista
ferrari-488-pista-2018_Featured-Image_580x362

• 720s
  • 488 Pista

0 voters

Infiniti q60 Black S

M4GTS

• Q60
  • M4GTS

0 voters

McLaren - obvious for me, I hate Ferrari and like McLaren, also it looks way, way better for me.

Q60 - modern BMW is boring for me, and even the “M” badge doesn’t change it much, but Infiniti is almost exotic (and again, looks better).

2 Likes

Oh wow, so many choice since I last came here. You see @Holts as soon as you gave permission for others to post, the floodgates opened LOL.

OK… going backwards

BMW M4 GTS gets my vote because the Infiniti Q60 Black S Concept is most likely vaporware. They pulled the same crap with the Q50 Eau Rouge. And Infiniti no longer offers a manual gearbox in the Q60. Yes, I’m aware the M4 GTS only comes with a DCT, but it shouldn’t be terribly difficult to clone a GTS with a stock M4 and 6-speed manual. :stuck_out_tongue:

McLaren 720S wins purely on styling for me. I still say the best looking modern Ferrari is the F355.

Tesla Model X because, as @Noporian so eloquently put it… the p100d!!!1!!1!1! :rofl:

Alfa Romeo Stelvio & Lamborghini Urus - they’re actually my 2nd and 3rd choice of high-performance SUV respectively. Yes, I’d rather have these over a Model X P100D. My number 1 SUV of course, is the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.

Genesis G70 - because manual gearbox. No other reason. That is all.

VW Golf R - ummm… why favor a car (like the i30) that’ll never be sold in the US? I gotta wait 25 years to import it… it’s not that serious. I can get Golf R now. Perhaps if you had said Hyundai Veloster N… :thinking:

Kia Stinger GT - my friends and I were talking about this car the other day. We feel the “365 horsepower” is grossly underrated. This is a lot of premium performance car for the money. The Buick Regal GS on the other hand is more of a competitor for other premium touring cars such as the Volvo S60 T6 and Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD.

1 Like

Which is the lesser of two evils?

The Toyota Prius

Or the Nissan Kicks?

• Prius
  • Kicks

0 voters

Wtf is a Nissan Kicks I’ve never heard of that that sounds disgusting

4 Likes

Replacement for the Juke.

Just a big NOPE.

More of my thoughts:

Golf R - As good as the i30 N is, the R’s extra power and AWD traction somehow make it an even better driver’s car. In some markets you can even have it as a wagon!

Stinger 2.0 - Auto-only but blessed with the same sporting genes as the V6 trims and looks slightly better in my view.

Sonata - I prefer the looks of this to the Optima.

Stelvio and Urus - The Stelvio is basically a Giulia on stilts. And the Urus… Well, it is everything a Lambo SUV ought to be.

I-Pace - If it looks like a Jag and drives like a Jag then it is a Jag. Ignoring the fact that it’s a pure EV, this one clearly does the brand justice.

Arteon - Feels like a premium product, despite not having a premium badge, and unlike the latest Insignia, is not a victim/benefit (delete as appropriate) of badge engineering.

488 Pista - As much as I love the 720S, the 488 Pista might just be even more exciting. It may well be the last-ever V8 Ferrari without a hybrid system, and that is something worth celebrating.

M4 GTS - It unlocked the latent potential in the latest M3/M4 and paved the way for the wonderful M4 CS, as well as the Competition Pack option for the whole range.

Prius - The Kicks is a half-baked Juke replacement; meanwhile, the latest Prius is a great way to save fuel without committing to a pure EV, with all the drawbacks that come with it.

1 Like

Sorry for the double post, but I would like to point out that the reason why the Kicks is so inferior is that, in addition to being less quirky, it is also normally aspirated, FWD and CVT-only. The Juke, on the other hand, could be ordered with a turbo and/or AWD, although the manual gearbox was only available on lower-end trims.

Slight variation for this one:

Which car would you rather BUY?

Ford Fiesta ST

Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ

• FiST
  • 86/BRZ

0 voters

My thoughts:
FiST = Price, efficiency, practicality, TURBO POWAH
86/BRZ = RWD, looks, ‘purity’

Yes, the FiST is the better all-around car, but at the end of the day, which one would you rather deliver tofu in?

I value the looks of my car. Even if GT86 is less practical, it looks better. Besides, I already have a perfect daily driver. (Felicia power!)

1 Like

I would go with an 86 or BRZ. It’s nowhere near as fast, but makes a great introduction to RWD. And it’s ripe for tuning from the get-go.

Fiesta ST - Not an easy decision, but I’m sticking to it. I’ve never owned a car with less than 187 ft-lbs of torque (253 Nm). The 86 would be the more fun car, but a totally different driving experience.

I’m biased, but I often get asked why I didn’t buy the Fiesta ST, and I’ve had a go in a couple now. I can see why people do buy them, you get more of a punch lower down, the power is more accessible, and it’s more practical. The Fiesta is a nice drive, but the Toyota is more of a special drive and that’s what I was going for.

Also put an 86 and a Fiesta ST alongside - I can assure you the Fiesta is not faster, there’s about nothing in it.

That said, a mate of mine is having some Mountune upgrades done to his Fiesta and I can’t wait to have a go.

I can’t speak for the i30N but the AWD and extra power make the R a more boring proposition in the real world - the GTI is much more of a laugh despite not being as capable, especially the old Mk5.

7 Likes

For $25,000 would you buy…
a new 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe 6-speed

or a “new” 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 6-speed

• 2018 Civic Si Coupe 6-speed
  • 2017 Accord V6 Coupe 6-speed

0 voters

Chrysler 200

Mazda6
01-2016-mazda-mazda6-midsize-sedan-comparison-test

0 voters

The six remind me of a Maesima @Rk38