Wright Motors

Hello everybody and welcome to this Thread, where I present you a small Car Company, Wright Motors.
(I don’t think i’ll make a huge backstory)
(Also sorry for the first photoshops, I’ll put more effort in the next model)

(2006 logo)

All started when two brothers, the Wright brothers, (not related to the dudes who invented planes etc) wanted to create cars they wanted to own, while at an affordable price to make everyone’s dream of owning the car of their dreams.

After 1 year of designing and getting the funds to start their company, in 2006, they launched their first car, the Wright Champion.

Infos: 330hp V8 @ 6800rpm , 1.728 kgs, top speed of 232km/h, 0-100 in 4.8s, 15L (city) 10L (Road)

The car features 4 comfortable seats and a sporty yet soft Pneumatic suspension, and a radio/CD player.
The Core edition is the “basic model” and costs 19000 $
The Vogue edition is the “premium model” and features leather heating seats, a 3.5 jack port, and Bose audio, and costs 23000 $.

The car will be available in: Jet Black, Core White, Violent Red, Electric Yellow and Caraïbean Blue.

2 Likes

This looks like a good start to what will most likely be a new all-UE4 company. The Champion should live up to its name by being a highly competitive muscle car - and I hope its halo effect will rub off on the rest of the range.

2 Likes

I’ll try to stay competitive ^^
thanks for the support

While the Champion is selling well, the company needs a competitive roadster to compte with the Lotus Elises etc.

They decide, following their idea of the ideal car, to build an affordable, sporty looking, and fun roadster.
Mid-2006, the Bullet v1 was born.

Infos: turboC 318hp I6 @6400rpm, 1.275kgs, top speed of 198km/h, 0-100 in 4.2s, 13.2L (city) 8.9L (Road)

The car features 2 bucket seats and a stiff and sporty suspension (2x Double wishbone) and a Radio CD player.

The Core edition is the “basic model” and costs 23000 $
The Demon edition includes a tuned turbocharger that adds 27hp and a racing steering wheel with gearbox pads, and magnesium wheels, and costs 27000$.

The car will be available in: Jet Black, Core White, Violent Red, Electric Yellow, Poison Green and Caraïbean Blue.

2 Likes

top speed of 198km/h

kinda low, but on other hand this car seems to be competitive with Lotus Elise or other superlight constructions than BMW Z4

Yeah that’s what I thought but I didn’t know what category to compete with, thanks!

The Bullet looks as fast and sleek as its namesake, just as it should be. Is it mid-engined? If so, I will be properly amazed at how you squeezed an I6 into its engine bay. It looks dated for an '06 model, though, but this is more a fault of the game than the car - newer mid-engined bodies, such as the 12C body (in either size) has not been converted to UE4 yet.

Edit, since it is mid-engined, its use of an I6 for propulsion reminds me somewhat of a BMW M1 - but with all the mod cons expected from 21st century motoring. I had no idea why or how an I6 could fit inside that bodyshell, which explains my initial reaction to it.

And now that both models have been updated, they are now more tempting than ever!

1 Like

Uh yeah its Mid rear engineered, and idk how I managed to squeeze it, I just did :sweat_smile:

The Bullet and Champion were selling well, but now need a facelift and new engines to appeal.

Champion v2:

Infos: 360hp V8 @ 6900rpm , 1.752 kgs, top speed of 236km/h, 0-100 in 4.5s, 15L (city) 10L (Road)

The car features 4 comfortable seats and a sporty yet soft Pneumatic suspension, and a SatNav CD player.
The Core edition is the “basic model” and costs 19700 $
The Demon edition is the “premium model” and features a bigger V8, +50hp, bucket seats, and costs 24000 $.

The car will be available in: Jet Black, Core White, Violent Red, Electric Yellow, Poison Green and Caraïbean Blue.

Bullet v2:

Infos: turboC 332hp I6 @6600rpm, 1.312kgs, top speed of 219km/h, 0-100 in 4s, 13.4L (city) 9.1L (Road)

The car features 2 bucket seats and a stiff and sporty suspension (2x Double wishbone) and a SatNav / CD player.

The Core edition is the “basic model” and costs 22500 $
The Demon edition includes a tuned turbocharger that adds 40hp and a racing steering wheel with gearbox pads, and magnesium wheels, and costs 27000$.

The car will be available in: Jet Black, Core White, Violent Red, Electric Yellow, Poison Green and Caraïbean Blue. (the pics show a Silver-ish color, its the Green Screen that caused that idk why)

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @abg7

The new Champion and Bullet appeal to the public as planned, and the company decides to create another roadster, more powerful and built for racers, rather than for fun like the Bullet.

Late 2010, the first Wright Raptor comes out of the factory.

Infos: Infos: turbocharged 354hp V6 @7000rpm, 1.198kgs, top speed of 232km/h, 0-100 in 3.6s, 14.7L (city) 9.6L (Road)

The car features 2 carbon fiber racing seats and a stiff and sporty suspension (2x Double wishbone, front, Pushrods rear) and a SatNav CD player.

The Core edition is the “basic model” and costs 28000 $
The Demon edition includes a tuned turbocharger that adds 46hp and a racing steering wheel with gearbox pads, and carbon wheels, and costs 30500$.

2 Likes

Late 2010, the company decides to change their logo, for a more modern and “forever young” design.

Introducing the 2010 Wright Motors logo.

The Raptor did miserably in terms of sales, only 331 units on the 1531 models built.

To bail out, the Wright brothers decided to design and rethink the family sedan.
Powerful, comfy, cool looking (so your kids don’t ask you to drop them 50m before school :wink: )
and fuel efficient.

1 Like

There could be a few reasons why the Raptor didn’t sell as well as expected: not only is it much less economical than a small and light sports car should be, but the pushrod-actuated rear suspension is too complicated for an application in which a multilink setup would have been sufficient. Also, carbon fiber wheels are too expensive for most cars. Overall, the Raptor looks the part but needs quite a bit of fine-tuning to be cohesive enough for sales success. With some more sensible design and engineering choices, it could be a top contender in its class.

On a more positive note, the new logo is more suitable for the current era - and easier on the eye as well.

1 Like

Yeah the logo is way better ;p

and um, the flaws of the Raptor were kinda made on purpose :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The first Sedan of the brand comes out of the factory.
It’s name? Mirage.

Infos: 187p I4 @ 6300rpm , 1.725 kgs, top speed of 221 km/h, 0-100 in 8.2s, 9.9L (city) 5.4L (Road)

The car features 5 comfortable seats, a soft pneumatic suspension, and a SatNav CD player.
The Core edition is the “basic model” and costs 18700 $
The Vogue edition is the “premium model” and features a leather interior, Bose audio, and costs 20600 $.

Not that I’m mean, but this logo weirdly enough reminds me man’s beard with some mustache.

3 Likes

Lol don’t worry, it reminds me of a beard+stache combo too :joy:

actually its just a W and a m but it does look like a beard

Before you said that, it reminded me of glasses. Now I see the beard too. :frowning:

As for the Mirage, for an upper class sedan, personally I would have used a smoother engine like an I6.
Maybe reuse the I6 from the Bullet, or an NA version of it, if it fits.

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider it “upper class” but more of an intermediate between upper and middle class sedans, like the 5 doors Peugeot 508