Wuzhou Mei Ling (梧州魅灵) Automotive Corporation

3 stages of a fake G

1. Bogliq
  2. Bridgell
  3. Barebones
3 Likes

1986 Mei Ling ML6486 Redux

My biggest gripe with the very first Mei Ling I made, was that it didn’t look 3rd-worldey enough. So here we are. This will be a longer-ish running series of the Mei Ling ML6486 - an 8-seat cross country SUV which saw uses in basically all fronts in the Guangxi region.

Like the older one, it still uses a twin-headlight front fascia with the same signature Mei Ling grille, but it is now more square and a lot more spartan. There are no power windows, nor cranks. Everything is opened by hand with a little knob. The new split windshield now folds down as well.

The rear has seen some changes too. The spare tire stays, and so does the fridge door and rear trail mirror. The sides see perfectly square windows for engineering simplicity, as opposed to the tapers on the original ML6486.

The powertrain has also been revised, ditching the actually powerful 4.0 inline-6 for the 2.4L inline-4 taken from the dead Guangzhou HAC company, making 78 horsepower. Its top speed has been knocked down to 120 km/h as well.

The interior stays barren too, but now it’s modelled in-game!

It is also worth mentioning that the lore from the original ML6486 still holds. It still received a minor facelift, which, like the original, really only consisted of a new interior and some glass over the sealed beams.

As well, its issues still carried over from the original. No lore changes there.

The cheap and shoddy, yet easy to repair vehicle, like the original, saw extensive use amongst delivery, people transport, off-road, construction, and other industrial uses. These will all be covered with new variants in later articles.

Mei Ling.

Ling.

Lingling.

17 Likes

i want a mei in my ling

In China , Mei Ling engineer. Number one. Steady hand. One day, Mei Ling customer need engine. I do fixing. But, mistake! Mei Ling car die! Customer very mad. I hide in fishing boat, come to America. No english, no food, no money. Yang give me job. Now I have house, American car, and new woman. Yang save life. My big secret: I kill Mei Ling car on purpose. I good engineer. The best!

1 Like

China number one!!!
我最喜欢魅灵因为很好看,很漂亮,和很快。
梧州魅灵,我爱你!
你可以给我一个魅灵汽车吗?
谢谢!