Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge(reviews published)

[size=150]ABR HQ, Oslo, January 20th, 10.05 pm [/size]
Weather: Don’t know, it’s dark, -17C (1,4F)

About time to close shop, it’s been a long day at the office and Trygve comes in.
“Puffster, you should check this out, new car just arrived for the challenge”, he said with a sly expression.
Energized with curiosity, I followed him outside. A hot hatch was staring at me in a colour that can best be described as military green, with clean lines and quite aggresive headlights. With a discreet wing, nice rims and a hidden exhaust it was nice, yet not especially sporty looking to appeal to the younger crowd. Yet there was something here, something i could not put my finger on. And then there was that expression Trygve had, that little quirk in the corner of his mouth.
I needed to drag it out of him apparently
“So it looks quite nice, nothing spectacular, but good lines and all that. What do you think Trygve?”, I said without looking at him.
Without a word, he got in and fired it up, leaving the drivers door open
“That”, I said as the engine purred to life, “is not an inline 4, my friend”.
“No”, he replied, still smiling, “It most definitely is not. This just got rather interesting”
As he drove it into the garage, i couldn’t help but agree with him. This was definitely getting interesting…

It’s registered. It’s used. It’s a mystery!
A shady character down at the docks had been seen handing these leaflets out. A picture of a car, seemingly cut from an automotive magazine, pasted onto a note with some specs on it.
“Is very good car! Big engine. Big power. You go fast. Zoom zoom! 2002 model. I give good price.”

Well, someone took him up on this offer and lo and behold, it’s a 2002 model Hemming. Paperwork and everything.

Is that… fish… I smell?

What mods, if any, are we allowed to use?

All mods are allowed except .lua modding, although i would prefer if you keep to the pyrlix high quality mods so i don’t have to get too many extra. If you use any outside this i would appreciate if you could add links to which ones you are using with the entry so i can add them to my client :slight_smile:

I sent a PM, at least I think I did. Did you get it?

[quote=“Puffster”]
All mods are allowed except .lua modding, although i would prefer if you keep to the pyrlix high quality mods so i don’t have to get too many extra. If you use any outside this i would appreciate if you could add links to which ones you are using with the entry so i can add them to my client :slight_smile:[/quote]

Good good, will stick to those nods then.

Wow it’s hard to get a reliability of 75. I’m not used to upping the sliders so much on a “cheap car” so the compact I’m making is really costing a lot more than what I consider ideal. But if that’s what the Norwegian market demands, that’s what the Norwegian market gets :wink:

I got 74.8 Reliability on my vehicle.

I said F*ck it, it’s close enough

Yeah, was not easy, but after some quality adjustments i got to 75 Reliability.

Is it the most comfortable car on the market? No.

Is it the most fuel efficient car on the market? No.

Is it the most affordable car on the market? No.

Is the most spacious car on the market? No.

Is it the fastest car around the track? Certainly not.

Is it the best off-roader on the market? Absolutely not.

Is it a car that combines all of the above like no other car, and is reliable and super fun to drive? We think so.

Head to your nearest Revera dealership and take the new 2002 Revera EC for a test-drive. It may not win stat competitions, but it will win your heart.

Hey Puffster, the spreadsheet you posted for stats is set to “view only” so we can’t add anything.

Presenting the 2002 Solo Beaver BM Adventure, a sporty and practical compact station wagon optimised for the Norwegian market! Featuring a 1.8L turbocharged I4 paired to a 6-speed manual transmission and AWD drivetrain, it’s guaranteed to get you, four friends, and all your luggage to your remote cabin without sacrificing fun or breaking down along the way.

Presenting
the
[size=150]Komodo Tiara Mega[/size]

Wait, so >75 overall reliability is allowed? I’m having a hellofa time getting 40 drivability, 75 reliability, and under 33k at 50% markup! WTH am I doing wrong??? I can get 74 reliability and everything else (but my GH times blow chunks)!

just wanted to start throwing out some cars… tbh, i dont really get those calculations. are the x values the respectice scores? or do we simply not know the x values? seems like ill just build an excessively overpowered car :smiley:

They’re multiplication signs in this case.

[quote=“Dragawn”]

They’re multiplication signs in this case.[/quote]

thanks, now i see. might have saved me from submitting the most ridiculous car of the competition.

i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Mackiatoe/merna%20mk6%20poster%201_zpsqskoarkf.png

I’m not an advertising executive, but here is my futile attempt.

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/utK05T.png

a car for norwegians? not having a clue about the market the development team was confronted with a sleazy marketing consultant throwing numbers at them that they couldnt make any sense of. so they started doing what they always do: building an exciting, sporty car that meets the budget. hell, the norwegians have loads of money to spend, oil to burn and all we ever saw of them were hot girls and surferdudes. so they sent the marketing guys off to find a market for their newest creation:

it is winter sports time! the brandnew Vichingo brings southern european temperemant to the ice track! this is how it feels to set a new world record at Vikersund! get the real driving experience for just 33000 krones!