Zast Automobile and Tuning company (RT-12 and RT-SiX)

Being known as Zasteros,It was getting close to bankruptcy but was bought by an American entrepeneur who used to work for a certain car company and then started from scratch an ambitious project,a supercar.

As American as he is,he wanted a V8 crossplane.But he didnt want it to be big,so he add turbos in it to make 3.8L V6
Twin Turbo.He was pleased at an output of 625hp without it blowing up.

Next,he had designed many concept design in a car body template to save time,many months has passed until he finally had found it and started making it.

He found out that the engine had fitted so well to body that there is more room for 6 more cylinders but he decided that was enough.

He decided to put in run-of-the-mill 21st century gadgets so it has less weight to move around.

He was proud of his work,its like a car that his mind was dreaming about when he was 10.
He called it

The Arvaco Stradale

Available near your nearest Zast Dealership for $76400

6 Likes

Hello.

Of all the backstory or info you’ve given us, I feel like you’ve given us nothing. I mean I got TONS of questions that interest me now. Why was Zasteros close to bancrupcy? Which cars were they producing? Who is the entrepreneur? What is his name at least, he’s the OWNER OF THE COMPANY NOW, I’d think a character of that level deserves more fleshing out. At least what was his position in that previous company so we know what sort of expertise to expect? What sort of engineering went into this? What division of Zast had to adjust and how to accomodate new technology? Also “he designed, he built, he created, he wanted, he added” makes me think that he’s the only madman working in a huge factory, and the whole process is just him hand-hammering out the car

On the car - pricetag and a power output is not nearly close enough to enough data on what was accomplished. More info is almost always better. Unless you’re Saminda, in which case more info just means bigger recall lists.

3 Likes

Ok Zasteros was close to bankruptcy because its cars were not that competitive and people didnt bother buying them.The entrepreneur is named Blanc Kersty who used to work as an engineer of a certain company.I am not that strong in story making, I will try to make them more detailed next time. and stats for this car will come along with the reveal of the next car, making it a 2 car reveal.

Thanks for telling me.

1 Like

In my experience, it will be hard to combine the backstory of the company with the modern history. I would recommend going from the very humble beginnings in the 40’s or 50’s, describing problems that needed to be overcome with each car. It would flesh out the company, and give us the idea of what it’s all about. That will also give you cool challenges (like using the same basic engine in more than 1 car, to save money and time on engineering, or using same chassis for different purposes etc etc etc. It will also allow you to make a lot of crossovers with other companies, building a huge base for tech you could use). I managed to use the same 5 liter v8 from 1962 to 1977, even raced it in BRC. It really goes a long way for your lore.

I think this would help me alot. Thanks for the tip

2018 Zast Italis

The Italis is a hatchback for the whole family to use.It is a relatively easy car to drive with FWD and LSD that your sister can drive.It is not that expensive with only $18020 to spend,considering that it comes with high quality infotainment system and advance safety equipment.

##Stats

It has been designed to compete in a recent challenge : http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/automation-hatchback-design-competition/20829.
1 Like

##Zast Prototype RT-SiX

As of the moment,we are currently handling a test for Prototype Take 1 RT-SiX.It is not yet painted as you can see the car with bare carbon fibre.The car is currently holding 3.3L I6 SRace turbo engine with about 580hp at the rear wheels.We know the car can hold a bigger engine so we have plans to make either V10 Turbo or a V12 Turbo,if not turboed maybe bigger variant of those engines.

A production model maybe built for 2019 or earlier where hopefully we can reveal these cars at the nearest possible auto show.We will keep you up to date with the latest prototype build.

##Zast Prototype RT-SiX S

Since the first prototype info was released,we recently finished the test and moving on to Take 2 RT-SiX S.We made the headlights a little smaller and aesthetically better.We also took off the dummy wing as they were not working and just making drag and weight and replaced with a fully working downforce underbody.We made the main vent smaller and added another one to aid with cooling of the new engine and optimize drag.

As for the engine,It is a 4.9L V10 Turbo giving 802hp at the rear wheels with the help of dual clutch gearbox.Top Speed has been increased as also with the weight.As for the performance,we believe it will do 3-4 secs faster than the first build of the prototype at the test track thanks to the downforce underbody.

As of now,we rented a small shipping bay to get to grips with the car as we will now do comfort setup and optimization as we are currently satisfied with the current build.So expect it to come around with this particular color the “Prototype Black”.

1 Like

It looks like a Zonda and drives like a rocketship. I reckon there’s provision for a V8 or V12 instead of the V10 in the engine bay.

1 Like

As we did the comfort setup,it was about 2 seconds slower than the second build.A V8 could be possible for an entry level version later in its lifetime.As for the V12 during the comfort setup,our engineers recommended we did a V12 to research on feasibility.We figure that it only adds to .30 secs on the test track and a moderate increase of service costs.Futhermore,it doesn’t help with economy and with the material costs.

Expect the V12 trim to be at least be made at the end of its lifetime.

##RT-12: The V12 Gran Tourer
#In The Works Alongside The RT-SiX…

>
Edit:Just a little teaser before it will be revealed.
2 Likes