1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge [Finished, results posted]

5.0L = 5000cc

Noted. Speaking of engines, I toyed with the idea of slotting in a lighter, less powerful I6, but rejected it for being too peaky (lots of power and torque at the top end, but much less of either at the bottom end of the rev range).

1 Like

I did the same thing

Submissions are officially closed! We’ve got 20 valid entries and 3 disqualified cars this time, so it’s gonna be a good time. The first race will start in 1 hour from now and it will be streamed at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEazrZkjQcCxLaMmj79c62Q

4 Likes

The first race is starting in a moment and can be viewed live here: 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge Race 1 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

3 Likes

The first race is over! We had a lot of great performers and a lot of fun cars, I enjoyed driving all of them! The stream VOD can be viewed here for those who missed it, I even took time to add timestamps. 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge Race 1 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

These are the scores after the first race:

2 Likes

Not the best start to this challenge, but not the worst one either - the Arrow 5.0 Club Sprint has so much torque and so little weight that it’s a real challenge to drive smoothly. Then again, much of it is due to the fact that I deliberately set it up for a driver whose skills are even more advanced than yours.

As a side note, I feared that my entry in the previous challenge (1995 Budget Sports Cars) would be a total bust after the first two races - but it did much better than I expected in the last race, which helped me salvage some pride.

yeah, I felt like I wasn’t fully doing the car justice but maybe I can redeem it in the next race. The potential is definitely there!

Thanks, was really fun to watch, and a huge range of engineering approaches.

For the next version of the table, can you please sort it by overall score or something?

1 Like

Next time…I just might go BIG lol.

The second race is about to start. Watch it live here: 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge Race 2 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

3 Likes

The second race has concluded and can be watched here, timestamps included: 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge Race 2 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

(Don’t forget to leave a like!)

These are the standings after the 2nd race, it’s really close at the top!

Reminder: if 2 or more cars are tied for first after the last race, the winner will be determined on the quarter mile.

5 Likes

The 3rd and final race is about to start and can be viewed live here: 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge Race 3 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

1 Like

The 3rd and final race is over! Not my best day in terms of my performance, but I am still confident that the best car won. You can rewatch the race here and don’t forget to like the video: 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge Race 3 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

These are the final results in spreadsheet-form, congratulations to TCup and the car without name!

4 Likes

Another mid-pack finish - but better than last time for sure. I wonder what the next round will bring? I still need to improve my tuning skills for Beam, though.

Nice challenge this one, it’s a bit of a shame that my Levina had beaten the Mayster in 2 races out of three and came behind it for just 1 point :disappointed:. Anyway gg to everyone and looking forward to the next one.

2 Likes