1995 Budget Sports Car Challenge [Finished]

Can confirm it does move in a straight line fairly rapidly. Also even with a 60.2% rear bias weight turns out 225 sports tires still struggle for traction with 333 hp.

Here’s a lil somethin somethin.

2 Likes

Worried that might look a bit anachronistic in 1995, but otherwise quite a solid design!

1 Like

Interesting… My take on Duce’s l’il coupe is that it feels like it’s a 2000’s sports car (and a bloody great looking one too! Well done Duce :grin: ) rather than the jellybean style of the Nineties. Yeah the Eighties were straight lined but it feels modern, not retro, so I’m curious as to why you think it’s older looking than 1995. :thinking:

1 Like

“anachronistic” technically just means “not of the right time period”. Personally I think it looks far too modern for 1995, by about 15 years or so. Not bad though, just not 1995.

Exactly. I think it looks like a car from 2015, not 1995; like something I could (and would) buy new today.

A striking design for sure, but the taillights and rear wing would be more appropriate for something from 2005 or so, at least in my opinion, and I also agree with recent comments about the front being more suited for something from 2010 or later. Even so, I expect it to go as fast as it looks.

Well you learn something new every day, hahaha! I’ve only ever seen anachronistic used to refer to a thing being older, out of date or otherwise a throwback to a prior time.

So I too am in agreement with Edsel’s comment; TheDuce’s car is indeed an anachronism compared to it’s peers. Although I’d give the car’s design a better score than “solid”, hahaha!

2 Likes

Interesting, because I’m the opposite. I’ve only ever heard the term used in reference to things that are too new; as in movies or the like, when they show an item or use terminology that should not exist yet. I knew it could also mean something that was too old, but I don’t think I’ve actually seen it used that way before (since usually, something that’s too old isn’t outright impossible). Interesting how different people have different perspectives. (:

2 Likes

Hey I appreciate all your comments!! When I first started the car, I was thinking 1995, but then I just started having fun with the design. Kinda went left lol, but I’m happy with it. It’s not super powerful, but I’m hoping it handles well enough to be a decent contender.

3 Likes

1995 Mara Zvezda SX AMM Turbo

Having been established only quite recently as Mara’s performance division in the early 1990s, by 1995 AMM still had to explore the full range of potential market offerings that actually sold.

Their attempt at turbocharging the humble Zvezda SX to the max resulted in a 300 hp contraption, with a LSD, tyre, brake, aero enhancements and suspension tuning all trying to keep the added power in check.

However, they quickly discovered that their customers were more willing to pay for race inspired custom enhancements of the external bodywork than actual proper engine tuning - so the 300 hp turbo package remained a seldom-chosen option in their tuning catalogue.

4 Likes

less than 24 hours left to submit your car if you haven’t already. We do have a lot of submissions this time!

Introducing the Poli Sabre. With it’s high revving 1.6 turbo engine and nimble handling, this is a true drivers car.

It’s dual mode traction control helps keep you pointed in a straight line.

It is available for $24,800 and ready for the track.

3 Likes

Husar Moonline Mk2

• 2.0 turbo Inline 6
  • AWD
  • 6-speed manual

5 Likes

That’s the second car entered in this challenge with an anachronistic appearance (around 10 to 15 years too new) for its era, but I won’t complain too much. After all, it’s also one of the few cars here built using the S2000-esque body.

I actually love the Vulkan, it is like a 90s concept car that have entered production. Would have been considered so futuristic in its day, and yet the future looked kind of different, as always. Nice!

1 Like

1995 F&S Macro Turbo SSS

A new definition of the sports compact

• 1.5L Turbo

• 200BHP

• 744KG coupe, 837KG convertible

• Front Wheel Drive

• Best smiles per dollar in class

Available in coupe or convertible format

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad to see the idea worked then!

Peugeal Saucisse 2.0 Mi16-T

3 Likes

that looks like a Peugeot 306 cabrio, not bad ^^