2000 GT Car racing [results

Dice rolls should be done on a D100 and checked against drivability. Get above drivability and get a negative modifier to the time, from your d6.

Get very low < 10% of drivability and get a bonus.

Of course this is just my opinion…but a d6 doesn’t give enough options for normal driving.

This is a GT racing challenge. why does emissions and prestige matter, its a race car.

If your going to do a dice roll that modifies lap times, do something like TR8R said, so its not just 100% random, the better AND faster car should not lose around the track because a random number generator said so.

Could also factor in reliability to the dice roll, such as the car having an issue that needs fixed and loses time around a lap etc.

@TR8R
@USDMFTW
i guess i will throw out the dice system,

about prestige and emissions, thats just a way for some to get points

But its a race car challenge, emissions and prestige would be decent scoring metrics if these were road cars, like the road version of the CLK GTR.

Sorry, but I do agree with the random element of dice rolling but a d6 isn’t random enough. There should be a chance off good and bad laps but not 50/50.

This should apply to reliability too.

Maybe we could get a communal system that could be applied to non-BRCTool races?

1 Like

okay i will get rid of prestige and emissions

pretty sure i’m just stupid… but i can only find the LMP body

The others are on the steam workshop. @thecarlover did the not-lambo ones, and @Sillyworld did the 90s GT body. I was sure that the bottom left one was vanilla content, but I’m not certain.

The bottom left I think is from @corvette6317 also in steam

You can use the basic system I use for the AMWEC’15, a random generator from -4 to +4, that will indicate in percentage how much the lap should be modified.

BASE TIME + (BASE TIME x RANDOM(-0.04,0.04))

let’s just say im forrest gump, when i have to calculate something, m’kay

1 Like

THE 20 DICE ROLL SYSTEM

6=0
5=5
4=4
3=3
2=2
1=1

Twenty dice are rolled at the same time, the total is calculated from adding the dice together to get a score out of 100 ( as 6=0 it is theoretically possible to score zero).
From this number I calculate which section of ten you are in
0-10 time is reduced by 5 seconds
11-20 time is reduced by 2 seconds
21-30 time is left standard
31-40 2 seconds added to time
41-50 5 seconds added to time
51-60 7 seconds added to time
61-70 10 seconds added to time
71-80 13 seconds added to time
81-90 15 seconds added to time
91-100 20 seconds added to time

OK so this is my dice roll system. Now keep in mind this is the Pikes Peak example and the times would have to be changed to suit the race track being used.
This is done for every car/every lap (I highly recommend using a program of some kind to do this) Now if you are not calculating fuel usage, tyre wear, damage etc it works quite well as a basic scoring system

You could make the twenty dice easier by using a D100/2d10.

Much, Much less dice. Check the ITATC for how that works. Much easier, and much less variation on lap time.

dice here, dice there, lets not gamble mkay :smiley:

I’m curious to see the lap times for this contest, there’s not really a basis for comparison, especially not on this kind of performance level.

Im under 6 mins on the LVC

@lordvader1 quick question, if you have dual exhaust, does having just a first muffler count as 2, or do you want a muffler in the first and second mufler slots in the exhaust tab.

first and second
and hope you like the map tho. :smiley:

3 more days

thank you for entering: 4 people entered + me