2005 Family Car Challenge [COMPLETE]

Downloaded the submissions I’ve received, looking competitive so far! Good work folks.

1 Like

Franklin Marshall HiWay 2.5 Estate. Premium spec includes parking sensors and a reversing camera linked to the Sat-Nav.

6 Likes

I want to enter!!!

1 Like

Just do it! :wink:

1 Like

2005 Mara Kavaler 2.3 UKE

Large, economical and traditional - and not much else to say really about the third generation of Mara’s large family / premium car.

Here the Universal (wagon) Komfort Extra trim with the ‘small’ 2.3 litre I4 Strybok (‘leap’) engine under the hood.

4 Likes

Arion Cormorant 145I '05

Comfort, safety, practicality and style wrapped into an efficient family package

Shown in Celeste Blue

The second generation Cormorant was released in '05 replacing the '91-'04 model, now featuring a much smoother and sharper design. The entry grade model is the 145I which utilises a 2.0L inline 4 with in-house “Arion electromagnetic valvetrain technology (AEVT)” for improved performance, efficiency, and lower emissions.

The brand new Cormorant has a 6-gear electronic automatic or 5-gear manual paired to either RWD or AWD. A completely revised fully clad undertray and cooling flaps help the Cormorant 145I achieve 46.4MPG (UK) city and 66.4MPG (UK) highway, helping you save both spending on petrol and the environment with only 68.2 emissions.

Not only is the Cormorant safer for the environment, but with the full aluminium body and galvanised steel chassis, it can conquer even the harshest weather conditions common to the USA.

With the independent suspension all around, adaptive damping and advanced multilink rear suspension paired with our premium interior and infotainment system, you will feel comfort like never before whilst cruising down the road.

Top of the line modern equipment such as electronic power steering, traction control, electronic stability control and the highest grade safety technology around all come as standard to the new Arion Cormorant.

Gallery

Arion Automotive Thread

14 Likes

THE 1996 BRINDLEY GRANDE SELINA

NOW WITH 2003 FACELIFT

SEATS SEVEN

DRINKS GAS

V6 POWER!!

12 Likes

2005 DWA Crest V6 Estate

DWA - you wish it was a Wolfe

Well, another bland family car on the market, but a premium one. V6, 220 hp, get your kids to school real fast with somewhat good economy.

Has satnav for all the road trips you need to take to forget about your miserable life. Comfortable, drivable, the bare minimum styling. The wagon that feels like a van.

Really, you wish it was a Wolfe, but you’ll get used to a DWA (we hope).

9 Likes

Fowler Multiply 180G 16v

The Grownup Fowler
6 comfortable seats (7-seat option +300$). 5-speed Intelligent transmission. Air condition, powerr steering, cloth seats, sliding doors and sunroof (double sunroof +300$).
Fashionable Satin Siena Rose Gold Brown Metallic. Body colored mirrors. A cutting edge high tech Porsche-inspired 4-cylinder 16 valve engine derived from our Grand V8. 32 MPG combined.
Go forth and Multiply (RTFM 4:20) for just 21.700$

Definitely Not Your Mom's Minivan

6 Likes

This car
The Niko Wardrow is a comfortable, reliable, Has lots of advanced safety features, Is AWD and is capable of seating seven

it even comes with a V8 trim capable of producing 360HP

Wardrow ST specs
Engine : 3.0L I6
Engine power : 216HP
Fuel efficency : 30MPG
Cost : 33900$

Wardrow V8 specs
Engine : 4.5L V8
Engine power : 360HP
Fuel efficency : 21,5MPG
Cost : 35300$

Niko_-_Wardrow_ST.car (37.7 KB)
Niko_-_Wardrow_V8.car (37.7 KB)

One of the only Family cars to have a V8 engine while still being reliable and comfortable

1 Like

2005 SVM Swallow 2.0 Sportwagon

Nothing too fancy here, just a practical, roomy and comfortable mid-size wagon with a base price of $21.7k AMU (with the 6-speed automatic gearbox).

3 Likes

Heya folks, submissions close on the first.
I have entries from:
@karhgath
@abg7
@Ludvig
@Knugcab
@Hilbert
@Aruna
@AndiD
@Jaimz68
@Ch_Flash
@Edsel
@04mmar
@Happyhungryhippo
@Lanson

If you’re surprised you’re not on this, either I missed our DM, or you haven’t submitted - either way, let me know!

3 Likes

You probably forgot TopSpeed2001

I don’t think I have a DM thread with you, actually.

I thought I had DMed mine - will send tonight.

I have one for PTP2, but not FCC. Thanks!

Additional submissions received from:
@Repti
@crwpitman1
@TopSpeed2001

3 Likes

HINODE MAHKOTA BROUGHAM
The Premier Luxury Sedan

Description

The 12th generation Mahkota was released in 2003, replacing the 11th generation model which was sold from 1999 to 2003. This generation of Mahkota was a radical departure from previous generations, moving away from its traditional, conservative style into a fresh design fit for the 2010s.

This generation of Mahkota also debuted a new family of all-aluminium straight-six engines, with displacement ranging from 2.5 litres to 4.0 litres. The Brougham (luxury) models are equipped with either a 2.5l or 3.0l engine, while Athlon (sports) models were equipped with a 3.5l engine. All engines were mated to a 6-speed automatic for rear-wheel-drive models, or a 5-speed automatic for all-wheel-drive models.

As with previous generations, the Mahkota is equipped with multilink rear suspension and HINOSUS adaptive suspension, which adjusts the shock absorbers based on current road conditions for optimum comfort and driving feel. All models are also equipped with Vehicle Stability Control to help the driver maintain control of the Mahkota at its limits.

In keeping with Hinode tradition, the Mahkota’s spacious interior is trimmed and upholstered with the best materials, with high-quality cloth seats (optional leather seats), woodgrain trim, aluminium accents, and a high-quality four-speaker entertainment suite, all to provide passengers with the highest levels of comfort and serenity.

Specifications
Length 4.92m
Width 1.82m
Chassis High-Tensile Steel
Front Suspension Double Wishbones with HINOSUS adaptive shock absorbers
Rear Suspension Multilink with HINOSUS adaptive shock absorbers
Front Brakes Ventilated Discs
Rear Brakes Ventilated Discs
Steering Variable Ratio Power Rack and Pinion
Front Tyres P215 60R16 100V
Rear Tyres P215 60R16 100V
Engine 2,499cc/2,994cc Inline 6 with Direct Injection
Power Output 200hp@6400rpm/245hp@6600rpm
Transmission 6-speed automatic
Top Speed 140mph

Gallery

(optional GPS Navigation System shown)

350 Athlon

17 Likes

Cabirou Argosy

This premium minivan was updated for 2005 with a focus on a more luxurious experience. Electronically adjustable dampers and a well-crafted premium interior, now featuring optional satellite navigation, cosset 6 passengers in luxury. Though maintaining the longitudinal FWD layout and 4 speed automatic of its predecessor, the new Argosy received an all new 3.5 liter V6. Power was just slightly improved from the previous engine, but the new design greatly improved fuel economy and increased maintenance intervals.

12 Likes

Submissions have closed. Results will be out once I can get all the cars reviewed.

6 Likes