2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed

On this Friday’s 11:40 slot 6, for supercars and first time reveals, for the first time ever, the new Bonham Vision Gran Turismo was shown.

All images were photoshopped by, you guessed it, @titleguy1

The Bonham Vision Gran Turismo is what happens when you combine the elements of the great racing simulation and its passion for racing and perfection together with the design team from Bonham, with inputs from Luceat Studios. This low, wide, aggressive sports car is the ultimate expression of the classic 2-seater, front-engined, rear-wheel drive sports car.

Upfront, the car has a 4.7 V8 engine, with 520 hp and capable of revving all the way to 8800 rpm. The power is sent to the rear wheels only, through a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox, which is coupled to an electic differention. The weight distribution is a perfect 50/50 and, with the all-aluminium chassis and panels, this lightweight race trim weighs just 1482 kg, all of which enables the Bonham VGT to get from 0-62 in just 3.5s and all the way onto a top speed of 173 mph.
It was timed going up the hill in just .

And, at last, here is the car shown in action, taking the hill at Goodwood, in the virtual environment of Gran Turismo.

19 Likes

Bonham, out-Astoning Aston. Daaaaaamn.

4 Likes

Orchid Automotive

Lyrel Tourer now available with 7 speed SmoothShift automatic transmission.

EZ-S and EZ-A tourers now available with new 7 speed CVT gearbox. This allows for pure ease of travel in traffic and all EZ-S trim variants now available with Orchid Racing Bleu paint.

• EZ-S £16100 0%

• EZ-A £15225 0%

1 Like

Storm Automotive’s crew, the Raceworks Division, planned to make quite an entrance.

The sound of the Mamba’s roaring V12 shattered the silence as it screamed toward the show, all four tires throwing smoke as it closed in on the event, 6 liters of twin-turbocharged fury making an entrance.

As the Mamba was left to cool down from the drive here, another car could be heard making its way there. The raspy snarl of a carburetted four cylinder, which really could only mean one car. Soon, the deep blue paint of the 1955 Prince could be seen, propelled forward by the trusty old 1 liter Inline 4 engine. Perhaps the most interesting thing about the Prince was that this time, it wasn’t wearing show-car Antique plates, but standard ones.

Luke stepped out of the Prince, then said, “We’ve come to Goodwood’s Festival of Speed for two reasons. The first is to see how fast the Mamba can go up the hill climb, and the second is to push the old Prince to the limit and see how far we’ve come.”

With the short announcement made, the Mamba was lined up for the hill climb, and took off with fury.

(Unfortunately for everyone here, I don’t have any skill with photo-editing, so this will have to do.)

After the Mamba had returned from the hill climb, the Prince was lined up, and left at a more refined and expected pace.

With the two runs logged in, the Storm Raceworks Division headed off to their designated area to discuss potential future plans for Goodwood. There was definitely some discussion about possibly bringing a 2017 Shadow or the upcoming 2018 Solara Multi-Fuel Hybrid, though.

5 Likes

AL Autos

Hello one and all! Welcome to the AL Autos exhibit! We have many cars with us here at our first appearance at Goodwood’s Festival of Speed!

Let’s get right down to business with our first car. At the 2017 New York International Autoshow, AL Autos revealed the Velox, one of our fastest supercars to ever roll off the line. Fast forward to recent times, AL Autos recently reworked the Velox just in time for this year’s 2017 Goodwoood Festival of Speed.

So, without further a do, AL Autos presents to you the reworked…

AL Autos Velox (Trim Shown: 1796 Rv2)

The Updated Looks

The front end has been redesigned from the previous model to look as aggressive as it is quick. The extra added vents also help with active cooling of the engine and brakes when needed. Moving on to the rear of the car, AL Autos has brought the beautiful and stunning angles of our brand new rear end designs to the Velox. All these new fixtures provide a stunning 1847.2 kJ/s of air to both the brakes and the engine. Talk about functionality and style.

The Updated Performance

AL Autos has updated the 7.4 L Twin Turbo Flatplane V8 engine of the Velox. The heart of the beast now produces 1796 hp and now revs up to 8000 RPM. This is all connected to a tweaked version of the 7 Speed Double Clutch Sequential Transmission found in the original Velox, fatter 305 F/345 R AL Sport compound tires, a longitudinal AWD system, Pushrod F and R suspension, and an electric LSD. To add onto this, the Velox is a whole 559.7 lbs (253.1 kgs) lighter than it’s predecessor. This recipe now allows the Velox to go from 0-62 MPH in a quicker 2.5 seconds, attain a slightly lower top speed of 249.7 MPH (401.9 KPH) (Due to all the added vents and aero parts), and clock a blistering 1:09.2 on the Top Gear test track making it our fastest production car to date.

The Run

Our professional driver took the Velox to the hill climb today and boy what a sight and sound it was. Our driver carved through those corners and long straights like he was writing a song. A symphony of working parts and heart pounding performance. The Velox was able to clock a blistering 48.04.

That will be all for this AL Autos presentation! Look for more presenations by AL Autos as Goodwood’s Festival of Speed continues! Enjoy the rest of the festival!

2 Likes

Riesling Motors revives their 1996 Fastback with a special Hillclimb edition,
housing a more powerful 5.9 liter V12 with 1137 hp (vs the original 8.9 liter V12 with 744 hp) and a revised design.

Well, at least it’s only a second slower than the Velox. Also, I love how the rear of the Velox slightly resembles the AL Autos logo.

4 Likes

[quote]

Erin and its affiliated groups have made their annual appearance at the show, bringing a cavalcade of performance vehicles both old and new.

[/quote]

[quote]

ErinSport have never missed an oppurtunity to drive some classic race cars up the climb, and this year is no exception.

First up is a 1974 ErinSport Civera Silhouette Gr. 4 S-2A. This chassis ran in the European GT Championship that year under the ErinSport factory team. It also acted as a backup car for the sister European team running the European Touring Car Championship, and did have to make the odd-cross continent trip to be at the right race at the right time. It was also one of the cars that Erin entered at the Le Mans 24 hours of that year, but did not finish due to a radiator failure 17 hours in.

Powered by the same 3.0l V8 found in most of the Group 4 versions of the Civera, it knocked out around 335 hp, making it noticeably less powered than some its rivals. However, due to the use of aluminum panels and a fibreglass body kit, it was much lighter than its main rivals and could make the use of wider wheels than the standard car, allowing it to be highly competitive. It took victory in its class at the 6 Hours of Monza.

Alek Rodcheski was chosen to drive the car up the hill climb. The Polish driver joined ErinSport in the late 1990s via their juniors program and has since gone on to race for the team in WTCC and later WEC.

[/quote]
12 Likes

Radian has encountered delays with their concepts arriving at Goodwood. Stay tuned!

oH MY GOD THE 2016 FASTBACK IS FASTER THAN THE HILLCLIMB ONE AND IT’S STOCK I DIDN’T EVEN REALIZE

IM REALLY RUSHING TO POST THIS SO THE TIME IS 48.36 OK TAKE MY WORD FOR IT

I’ve noticed an issue with the timing here: it seems the cars in the real-life event start from standing, and much closer to the first turn than where the course we have here starts. This one gives us either a big running start (if you only count sector 2), or, starts us a long way back (if you count the entire thing). Such that one of the cars I’m (not) running reaches 200mph on that straight alone!

Is it possible to verify and possibly fix this?

4 Likes

#Day 1/2

After a slight, er, “technical glitch” that may or may not have caused the whole of Thursday to never happen, this year’s Festival of Speed finally got under way in glorious style.

Baltazar opened up proceedings with the bonkers Quark RS530 Concept. The popular supermini has been stuffed full of steroids, and its 2.0l i4 now produces 530 hp which it sends all to the front wheels. I feel for the gearbox of this thing, let alone the tires. Still, the noise it made was similar to that of a rally car, which got the crowds in a good mood and started the day of well.

KHT soon followed with a special parade of their 3 newest cars and one all-time classic, these being the Eau Rouge Rennsport (which will one day have a definitive, final version - I think), the Mistral (the car that would have been the company’s entrant into the 2016 AMWEC season) and a finally a “track special” version of the Augusta, otherwise known as the ‘baby KHT’. With all three cars clad in white paint, one can’t help but draw comparisons to the Silver Arrows of the 1950s…
Following this was a BRC legend, the 1966 KHT Brooklands, with this particular model having been kept absolutley as it was after finishing the final race of the season, damage and all. It’s a motorsport relic, preserved like no other, and it’s still unbelievably loud.

Contendiente went up next with modern-retro design called the Enemigo. It’s hardly a looker, but it is light at 1260kg and certainly packs power with 250hp lurking under the bonnet. They intend to enter into the next season of the ATCC.

Vinson gave us a rally duo in the form of the Group A classic, the Stryder WRC, and the new Stryder RX. Both wearing the iconic ARES livery, it aimed to show some 30 years of progression in rally cars. Both went up the climb (which they seem to think is a mountain, for some reason) and we shortly followed by the Specter 1MR, which was revealed at New York earlier this year and the Devotion Concept, a 800+ hp shooting brake revealed at Antiyita earlier this year.

Soon enough it was lunchtime, and I headed into the myriad of tents and stands that make up the bulk of the festival to find a good local beef burger (Goodwood likes to emphasise local businesses at all of its events). It was also a chance to explore what was else was happening besides the cars blasting up and down the hill climb. Rennen’s stand really is quite something and a must visit purely for the chance to drive Gran Turismo Sport as well as an incredible digital exhibition revealing the engineering side of their creations, as well as giving you the chance to get your own 3D printed Rennen to take home (model collectors are better off touring some of the actual model car stands found in the private booths section of the show). Plus, they also brought a long a number of their current cars, almost making it feel like we were back at Antiyita…

Vinson had the LG-97 Thunderbolt out on show, a new behemoth of a coupe from the company. A 16L V12 has been squeezed under the bonnet, making it more akin to a Spitfire than a GT cruiser. Sadly we didn’t get to see whether or not it’ll spit fire as it’s not being driven on the hill climb for safety reasons.

Erin’s display had a number of cars both new and old, including two pristine classic sports cars and they’re owners who were ever so keen to tell me everything about their cars, especially Nancy who explain in great detail the restoration work she’d done to the port injectors, at which I promptly said I needed to be elsewhere and ran off.

Orchid used the event to launch a new wagon called the Lyrel Tourer. The aggresive-meets-semi retro styling of the car feels a bit off, but the same cannot be said for the remarkable achievements they’ve made in transmission technology: they’ve created a 7 speed continuously variable transmission! Though surely that defeats the point of having a CVT in the first place…oh never mind.

Then came the big announcement of the day, perhaps even the biggest reveal of the show. Bonham unveiled the first ever (at least in the Automation universe) Vision Gran Turismo. They described it as “the ultimate expression of the classic 2-seater, front-engined, rear-wheel drive sports car” - a bold statement, but it’s justified with equally bold styling. This thing is drop dead gorgeous, and incredibly striking. Its 520hp 4.7l V8 certainly made an impact as it roared past Goodwood House, and better still, we’ll all get the chance to drive this thing - virtually of course, but that’s the whole point of it after all. The car is now at the Bonham stand, where an extensive exhibition on the engineering and styling behind it can be found.

Storm Raceworks were next and made their usual pomp-and-circumstance entrance. The team have brought a 1955 Storm Prince and the GTRS tune of the Mamba, the latter of which set a blisteringly fast time, while the Prince set an extraordinarily slow time of 1:32.12. Still, the crowd were entertained nonetheless.

AL made their FoS debut with a run in the AL Autos Velox. The hypercar was first seen at New York earlier this year, and has since been reworked. At last, we get to see near 1800hp coupe run up the climb. Amazingly though, it wasn’t the fastest car of the day, though the new styling has significantly improved the aesthetics of the car.

As the day began to draw to a close, Riesling Motors made an unexpected appearance with a new retuned version of their 1996 Fastback, now pushing out 1137hp from its new 5.9l V12. The styling is simple, but that isn’t the point - this thing is incredibly fast. It was shortly followed by an all new iteration of the marque, which looks like an actual Hot Wheels car made to full scale. It managed to set an even faster time, and it was in stock form!

Erin closed out the day with two classics from its past, namely the widebody Civera Silhouette and the 1990 CRP-4D, which made so much noise that I swore I could have seen some of the staff members checking the old Goodwood House to make sure some of the 18th century architecture hadn’t been damaged.

All in all, the first half of this year’s FoS has been mighty impressive, and we’re still expecting to see loads more incredible action over the weekend. Speaking of which, I need to head over to the Bonham Owners Club stand tomorrow to write an article on them…bye for now!

-Gavin Anderson

11 Likes

Yeaaaaa I based this thing off what I could mash together from Google Earth as you can see. I was about to leave a message saying that it doesn’t make sense to compare times in the game to reality. A large part of the issue just seems to be getting accurate elevation data (why I went to Earth in the first place) but I suspect it’ll see a remake within the coming 2 months.

Unfortunately, Radian encountered issues and could not show their cars today.

I’d say the Prince’s run wasn’t too slow for having less than 60 horsepower, though I’ll admit that it’s certainly to be just about the slowest car up the hill-climb we’re going to see.

#2018 Toronto 705 LS

The 2018 Toronto 705, shown here in LS trim painted Quicksilver Mica, will be officially released to the public in the spring of 2018. It is an entirely aluminium, 2+2 high performance grand tourer powered by the latest iteration of Canada Motors’ V12 engine.

The 6.5L AlSi V12 in the 705 makes use of 4-valve DOHC with VVL and VVT technology to produce 600 HP and 478 ft-lb of torque while revving up to 7800 RPM. This can propel the 705 from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds and to a top speed of 331 km/h. The Goodwood hill climb is achieved in 56.32 seconds.

The interior makes full use of leather, alcantara, wool carpeting, machined aluminium, wood or carbon fibre accents, and all entirely customisable by the buyer.

While the production run won’t be limited by a set number, the 705 will make best use of automated and manual labour in order to produce the finest automobile for our clients. With this in mind, production will take a long time and so we will be opening a waitlist on the 7th of July 2017 for the first six months of tailored production, while after that some models will be produced with various combinations of options for dealers at a lower price while the customised models will still be available for a premium.

Prices will vary based on options, but we can announce that the dealer versions of the 705 LS will have a price tag just under $150,000.

######Excuse me for not having the time to do fancy Photoshops of it.

12 Likes

Well, I was half expecting this to do at a moderately satisfactory pace.
Eau Rouge Rennsport (actually just managed to tip over 300kph at the first straight) I do not think such speeds were ever available to this track, so there’s probably something off with it

Mistral GT, while revving up to 10k rpm (I forgot how high we revved those AMWEC spec engines, actually)

Augusta is pretty slow though, but for 35k retail, what do you expect. Lot’s of turbo noises though.

And the Brooklands R also does a laptime, which is about all I can say about it :smiley:

6 Likes

It’s nice to see that you have revealed the Toronto 705 LS on Canada Day, especially since this year marks 150 years of independence - a shrewd choice on your part indeed. It’s so attractive, I would buy one with my own money if I had the chance!

18’ Spaziale S

Powered by a 4.5 litre v8, the Spaziale sits right in the middle of the Cornaldie range of performance cars. It features a lightweight all aluminum construction, with wishbone suspension all round, and 604 horsepower while still maintaining over 20 mpg. MSRP starting at $82,000 @ 160% markup.

1 Like

After the ATCC, Zenshi and ZMD decided to move it’s curiousity around participating in Le Mans in the future. This time, instead of pursuing the LMP1 class like it usually had before, they decided to explore the world of LMGTE class.

To convert ZMD’s pure performance into a form of expression, the Grandea GTR wasn’t used this time around. Instead, it was the Raizan X1.

Zenshi [color=cyan]Raizan X1 LMGTE Prototype '17[/color]

quick editing props to @titleguy1

The Raizan X1 is selected to be Zenshi’s LMGTE fighter for the next 24 hours of Le Mans season. While more tame in power compared to it’s “domestic” counterpart, it still is much more hardcore than it, with the lack of SM-AWS and much fewer luxurious materials present, as it is (obviously) meant for LMGTE racing.

Powering the Raizan X1 LMGTE is an ACO regulated, ZMD engineered 5.5L Naturally Aspirated V8 known as the RSA55GDA, which makes approximately 525-530 HP, mated to a magnesium cased 6-Speed sequential manual gearbox, which is shifted with paddle shifters. The removal of multiple materials, as well as the lack of an AWD system made the car much lighter, weighing in at 1247 kg, enough to bypass the LMGTE weight limitations (1245 kg is minimum acceptable weight).

The prototype monster, coated in a beloved shade of blue similar to that of a Japanese soft drink, is sure to wow viewers in the future when it takes part in the LMGTE series once the final livery is created. ZMD is confident that their beautiful monster of a Zenshi masterpiece will turn heads in Goodwood.

The driver of the Raizan X1 LMGTE is none other than Miyoko Sakurai, winner of the controversial 1997 Japanese Grand Masters Prototype Championship (JGMPC) with the Zenshi XSS, who will be making a comeback in the Japanese racing scene with this exact vehicle.

The FoS “lap” time of the Raizan X1 LMGTE is:

13 Likes

9 Likes