2018 Honda Vario 150 "Road Sofa" scooter

Bike died again. It will have to be decommissioned for a few weeks due to work and other appointments.

In case you don’t get it, the ignition key is set to “ON” but the MID at the center does not turn on, which means that the key housing somehow does not connect to the main electrical system that tells the bike to become alive

UPDATE: It’s caused by a dead fuse.

Hopefully going to get my parent’s '14 PGO Ligero at some point, but after that I’m going to try and get a 70s Honda scooter. Any recommendations?

1 Like

I don’t know much about scooters that aren’t sold within Southeast Asia. Sorry.

I bought a phone holder and a USB charger. They cost me $25 total. What’s special about the holder is that it’s made of iron and it’s not limited to one position only.

I immediately took it up another hill about 1 hour away from home. The road leading to the top of this hill was steep (about 20-25 degrees incline) and only fit one car despite being a two way street(!) with minimal guard rails(!!!). I encountered three cars going up that had to back away to give way to another car that was going down. Can’t imagine how the drivers felt.

At the end of the day, I’m happy to report that the charger charges and the phone holder holds phone.

1 Like

Installed larger front disc brake for the scooter. It looks nice but without larger calliper it does not really increase braking performance. Yet.

CVT upgrade! Was it worth the $30 I spent for the full kit? Maybe.

1 Like