2022 Automation Official Design Competition (Category J Results UP!)

Hey, I have a question about the category E: If we make something like the Audi Quattro or the BMW M3 as mentionned in the inspiration, we need to make the stock version or the race version with livery?

2 Likes

Here is my submission for category B, if anybody has questions on it feel free!

2 Likes

Youā€™re making the full-on race car for Category E.

2 Likes

Are we allowed to add wheelspin effect via photo editing? I know thereā€™s a ā€˜wheel blurā€™ function in photo mode just for that, but for some reason it bugged out for me and chooses to add blur only to front wheels or sometimes doesnā€™t add blur at all.

2 Likes

Yes, if you want to do that, go right ahead.

1 Like
Special Announcement!

I am pleased to announce that we have just confirmed our next celebrity judge for the Official Design Competition:

ConeDodger240

ConeDodger240

For those who donā€™t know Cone, he is a long-time friend of Automation, and has been streaming Automation since the very earliest days. He also played a critical role in helping us develop the BeamNG.drive exporter too, for which we are eternally grateful!

Coneā€™s judging category is TBD at this time, more on that in the coming days. Until then, give him a follow on Twitter and Instagram, and drop by his Twitch channel and say hello!

20 Likes

This will really be my best internet video game experience, thanks again for all that

2 Likes

Can we submit the same picture to, letā€™s say, category A and X? E.g. a picture that showcases a car very well, but also tells a story?

I didnĀ“t look properly and thought the deadline was this month and sent my pictures in without really being done, I sent five I think, is there any way to remove them and let me redo them properly?

I donā€™t think deleting and reposting your query will make him answer any faster mate. Be patient, heā€™ll come around here some time. If it even is allowed you still have nearly a month to submit your revision.

5 Likes

I canā€™t think of a reason not to; hopefully whatever picture you submit in the non-X category doesnā€™t take away too much from your showcasing your car, which is the most important part of those shots.

I am going to have to test something in the pre-judging app first; I will get back to you.

I didnĀ“t think I had posted it in the right place and got very confused, IĀ“m not stressed, IĀ“m just a little confused sometimesā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you! The pictures are really bad in hindsight and I just donĀ“t think I should have sent them, looking as poor as they do.

1 Like

I want to make an E category car and since itā€™s a race car the respective year for production cars doesnā€™t have some of the revolutionary components used by race cars. Since the mechanical aspect isnā€™t judged are we allowed to use a later year to use later materials and components than the designated period?

1 Like

Itā€™s preferable to keep all of that within the category years.

2 Likes

agreeable

2 Likes

Does this also include category X? It kinda relates to how much of an ā€œadā€ we should be making, ie: are we supposed to create an actual car ad, with text, multiple (automation made) images, and whatnot, or do you just mean an artistic photography shot?

Category X can basically be anything you want - it can be a car ad, a movie poster, design sketchbook for an Automation car, whatever!

Photoshopping in this category is going to be quite a bit more permissive for obvious reasons, but the rule of ā€œdonā€™t use copyrighted materialā€ still applies.

3 Likes
Special Announcement!

I am pleased to announce that we have just confirmed our next celebrity judge for the Official Design Competition:

Shinyodd

Shinyodd

Shinyodd is a long-time friend of Automation, and streams regularly on Twitch, and is an incredibly talented mod maker for BeamNG.drive in their own right!

Shinyodd will be judging Category F - 1980 to 2000 JDM sports coupe/sedans. Until then, give him a follow on Twitter, and subscribe to their Twitch channel too!

25 Likes

Quick! Everyone! Make white R31 Skyline coupes!

jk. Iā€™m glad Shiny will be part of judges lineup. Heā€™s partially the reason why Iā€™ve fallen in love with Automation.

I also have a feeling I know a certain few content creators that we might see as invited guests. Canā€™t wait for further announcements!

2 Likes