2022 Camshaft Software Crossover Play Competition - FINAL RESULTS

so P2 will become P1, and the rest goes up a position?

Yes, that’s correct!

2 Likes

alright, thanks

Seeing the result so far I’d say fuel economy is overrated, should’ve make bigger power since everyone seems goes all out.

Same, should have cranked the afr slider and made 200 more KW, oh well, you live and learn. ofc in the real world a car with 30l/100km economy would be hard to sell with its limited range

Final Results

One of the competitors at speed on the Dalluha Salt Pan.

Automation Results

The final round of the Crossover Play Challenge heads deep into the deserts of Dalluha, under the scorching sun on the huge salt pan at the heart of the country. Ever since the first car was sold in Dalluha more than a century ago, people have flocked to the seemingly endless, flat dry lake bed to see how fast their machines could go. Virtually every land speed record of the last 100 years was set here, and the competition continues to this day, with machines capable of some truly incredible speeds.

Today though, the cars of the Crossover Play Challenge take their turn on the land speed record course. @Killrob took the top spot with ease, setting both the best standing mile time, and the highest speed through the measured mile as well. @AndiD was not too far behind though, with a competitive standing mile time, but well back of Killrob’s ultimate top speed. @Xepy took a respectable third place, while luddiogo finished the challenge strong with a excellent fourth-place finish, just edging out @karhgath in fifth place. Snow and Willi0 both finished very strongly too, picking up a nice haul of points to close out their challenges.

Special Round 3 - Community Vote

The Community Vote at the Hot Al-Rilma Nights car show was, in a word, very tough. Nearly 230 fans cast their votes, and in the end it was decided that @Riley’s car was the best in the show, with @LS_Swapped_Rx-7’s car a close second place. @Xepy finished in third place, close behind, with @T0M in fourth, a somewhat surprising result for the AT Constellation, placing just ahead of @Maverick74 in fifth place. Challenge leaders @Killrob and @AndiD finished well down the field, in the bottom half of the results…one has to wonder if this was a missed opportunity for AndiD to make up some points on Killrob…

The Cyclist Results

A rider flies along on one of the desert time trial stages.

While a simple event, the Desert Sprint was a great opportunity to pick up some easy points in the challenge, as times were close enough that even a small improvement meant a huge jump in the standings. For the first time this challenge, @Der_Bayer took the overall victory, edging out @karhgath in second place, and beating @Killrob, who finished in third for this event. @SheikhMansour, @Riley, @Xepy and @AndiD were right there too, all of them finishing within a tenth of a turn of the mighty Killrob!

And finally, a big congratulations to @dylansan for winning the final random draw for the $25 USD Steam Digital Wallet Code for taking part in this round!

Final Standings

Final Cyclist Standings

Congratulations to @AndiD, on their double victory in both The Cyclist challenge, as well as the overall challenge winner!

This was a very hard-fought challenge, as evidenced by the back and forth in the Top 10 standings; many players participated in both events, and we thank you for your participation in The Cyclist events. A big congratulations in particular to our Top 10:

@Xepy - Second place
@Riley - Third place
@LS_Swapped_Rx-7 - Fourth place
@Der_Bayer - Fifth place
@karhgath - Sixth place
@Maverick74 - Seventh place
@jooliv - Eighth place
@SheikhMansour - Ninth place
Roadkill - Tenth place

Winners will be contacted within the next day or so with regard to prize distribution.

And for everyone who participated, no matter your results, thank you very much for your participation, we really appreciate you having entered our challenge, and hope you found it to be enjoyable!

15 Likes

That was a fun ride!

I want to thank everyone who participated in this event and congratulations to @AndiD for crushing the competition, as well as the rest of the Top 10 for a good wrestle for position throughout the event! :slight_smile:

Here you have the final TCT playthrough video for the challenge, with me losing my killer instinct and wanting Wolfgang to also have a pull at the front. :sweat_smile:

I hope you enjoyed!
Cheers

6 Likes

Incredible challenge! So much fun, well done to everyone, I surprised myself with my cyclists results but my car engineering let me down, I should of gone for ultimate cheese :cheese:

Thanks for hosting @MrChips

3 Likes

Top ten in community vote? I’ll take it!

Overall I didn’t do too well, but my strategy was flawed from the start. I’m glad to see that changes are planned regarding exploits and unintended game behavior that should improve the experience both in the campaign and in challenges.

I look forward to more competitions like this, official or otherwise!

3 Likes

Well, I now see I shouldn’t have invested so much into fuel economy.

Thank ya’ll for hosting this! I had a lot of fun, and did way better than I expected to (mostly thanks to Killrob’s videos). Good game, ya’ll!

3 Likes

I a lot of fun with this challenge thank you guys for hosting it! I really should’ve not spent a ton on efficiency and drivability because I ended up more towards the bottom of the leaderboards but I still feel like I did okay. I feel like for the next Automation challenge similar to this you guys should make the challenge 60’s/70’s sports cars/super cars like the Lamborghini Miura, De Tomaso Pantera, Shelby Cobra Daytona/Cobra 427 SC, Ford GT40 MK4, Porsche 917K, or the Ferrari 330 P4. Those are a lot of examples but I feel like it would be fun and a bit difficult creating and designing them.

1 Like